Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: The Obama Years- A GOP love story

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Okay, ignoring the philosophical/ethical issues underpinning the pros and cons on wealth redistribution in this fashion - let's just say we do this. You don't come anwhere near closing the revenue/spending gap. It's barely a start. I haven't googled the numbers but let's just say such a move covers 30% of the revenue/spending deficit (and I think 30% is a huge overstatement).

Where's the other 70% coming from?
There really isn't any philosophical debate on "sharing the wealth". Fact is, the rich scumbags have been dodging taxes and paying less PERCENTAGE of taxes as compared to everybody else. That's not equal. So, let those assholes eat cake for a decade(like we have) before moving the the tax rate back down EQUAL for everybody. (above poverty level) That way we can all pay the same rate and nobody has a upper advantage when it comes to taxes being paid.

More ways to save money and increase revenue.

1) Corporate taxes. No sense in corporations paying 0 taxes on 14 billion in profits. (GE) NO sense of Google paying 2% tax rate back in 2010 when they score billions. (a few examples below)
Ten giant U.S. companies avoiding income taxes: Sen. Bernie Sanders list - Lynn Sweet

A nice article here:
Majority of corporations avoid federal income taxes - study - Aug. 12, 2008

I also think they should lower the overall corporate tax, and close ALL the loopholes.

2) Subsidies to oil industry or any other corporation. I think this is self explanatory.

Also, you have to cut spending, and I'm fine with cutting spending across the board. The one interesting point to note though, infrastructure spending helps out the economy.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure I can (and will) think of more.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote