Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #61
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
You support a party with a foundation of protecting the very rich and the interests of Corporate America.

Those interests RELY on you to allow them to blatantly steal from the vast majority of your hard working neighbors nationwide.

Sounds easy.
Don't believe the hype. Just as many companies in "Corporate America" are getting tax breaks and gov't support from Ds as Rs. Don't be naive, if the Ds weren't supporting corporate interests as well they wouldn't have enough funding to be elected.

You think all the fed money goes to oil companies and defense contractors?
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #62
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Just wanna say over the last several days since Murdoch's apology and him facing the governments questioning, I ve notice Fox News has given alot more coverage to the story. Originally that was one of the points to the thread, so thats really improved to Fox's credit.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #63
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Just wanna say over the last several days since Murdoch's apology and him facing the governments questioning, I ve notice Fox News has given alot more coverage to the story. Originally that was one of the points to the thread, so thats really improved to Fox's credit.
You seem to watch allot of FOX News.LOL
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #64
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I think they got to the point where they had no choice, and they were feeling the heat to live up to that fair and balanced BS.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #65
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You seem to watch allot of FOX News.LOL
I was thinking the same thing. For as much as he bashes them, he sure is helping their ratings. Haha.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #66
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I usually watch CNN, but will flip back and forth with Fox. I, like few, like hearing both sides of the arguement, but usually agree most with the comedy central duo of Stewart and Colbert that our political system is little more than comedial theatrics. They tend to sort it best by cutting through the bs. Cant rely on anybody these days to give it to you straight whether its the pundits or the politicians thats for sure. Stewart and Colbert do that better than anybody.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #67
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
I usually watch CNN, but will flip back and forth with Fox. I, like few, like hearing both sides of the arguement, but usually agree most with the comedy central duo of Stewart and Colbert that our political system is little more than comedial theatrics. They tend to sort it best by cutting through the bs. Cant rely on anybody these days to give it to you straight whether its the pundits or the politicians thats for sure. Stewart and Colbert do that better than anybody.
I can't remember the last time I sat down and watched the news. I do like to see the local news but by the time I get home its over. When something big is going on I'll surf. MSNBC, CNN, and FOX. I think its funny to see the different slants on the same story.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote