Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who else is interested and can afford Smoot?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-08-2005, 04:48 AM   #16
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Re: Who else is interested and can afford Smoot?

I read that Smoot is going to KC this week for a visit, and I belive that if they dont sign him he will come back and take what the Redskins are offering. I honestly feel that KC will be the team that makes him realize that he belongs in DC. Here's to hoping!!!

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2005, 05:17 AM   #17
Luxorreb
^21^

I love seeing Smoot in a Redskins jersey.
Skins have offered him a fair market price considering there has been no offers thrown his way. I agree that the Redskins should now remain with their $10 mill offer. And if Smoot signs with KC for 12 mill than let him. We do have young no name guys like Wilds who is playing for way below a 10 million dollar bonus. I would accept the extra cap space and use it elsewhere. Smoot or not we've got Williams who can utilize many different players into his scheme. Please Smoot don't go to KC just sign the damn contract! Even if they pay ya $15 mill signing bonus. You said you wanted to be a Redskin for life, sign it. You'd make more than Darrell Green ever did. By the way maybe he'd come back for a season as a player coach if Smoot left?
Old 03-08-2005, 08:15 AM   #18
That Guy
Living Legend

DG is now way past playing

Pfunk - we got 3 alright corners now, the 4th is for injury insurance... and honestly i rather have smoot and draft williams than a rookie cb and the WRs we have now.

The good news is KC is known for underbidding on players and have already fallen into the same pattern this year... hopefully they end up with surtain and that closes the last door.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:28 AM   #19
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

This has probably already been posted by someone else but I'm too lazy to look for it, but I'm tired of hearing everyone in the media say that the Coles/Moss trade is causing us to lose Smoot. There's been a standing offer on the table since mid season for very good money. That deal still will work under our current cap situation, but he hasn't taken it. That's not a result of anything the Redskins FO has done. They offered him a good market deal. They also have said that they don't want to give him more of a signing bonus than they gave to Springs, that's why they are firm at $10 million.. Let them talk about something else, but they had room and made fair offers to Pierce and Smoot and if they leave then the reason is because they wanted to, not because of this trade.
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:49 AM   #20
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I hear Seattle is meeting with Andre Dyson and there are still rumors of the Raiders trading Charles Woodson