Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Getting Old Sucks Thread

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2019, 07:57 PM   #1
metalskins
The Starter

The Getting Old Sucks Thread

Since the Boobs thread hasn't been getting any traction lately, I figured I'd change it up a bit.

Back about 10 years ago, I was in my early/mid 30's, still felt really young, in the best shape of my life, single, and felt I was still young enough to attract women in their early 20's (which I did), or I could easily attract good looking women in their early 40's (which I also did.)

Fast forward to now, I'm married (which I am thankful for), mid 40's, I have a kid, but my wife and I are badly out of shape (I'm about 50 pounds overweight), we're grumpy all the time, we don't keep up with the most "happening" entertainment, because we don't get very many opportunities to go out nor watch what we want to on TV (since the TV is dominated by the 4 year old.) It just hit me that I've reached that age where I have became my father! I don't know the in fashions right now, I'm getting gray, I can't stand top 40 music anymore, I can't stay up late, alcohol seems to really wreck my body......dudes, I just feel so durn old!

Don't want to feel this way. I know I should get back into the gym. Should listen to the radio more, and they do have Just For Men, lol! I used to get excited to go into restaurants where the waitresses were hot and wearing short shorts, but now, they all look like kids to me. I hate growing up!