Cincy @ Skins PS WK2

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #1
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Cincy @ Skins PS WK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I just came here to say I thought that offensive pass interference penalty in the second half was one of the worst I've ever seen in almost 2 decades of watching football. In what world does the wide receiver not have the right to make a play on the ball?
The rules mess in the NFL is ongoing and probably deserves its own thread. I truly don't even understand the motivation of the Rules Committee for some of the rule changes in recent years.

Instead of clarifying the rules, the committee has split hairs to the point of making it so that NOBODY knows anymore what is a catch or pass interference.

False starts are called in such a nit-picking way that a statue couldn't avoid a false start penalty in the NFL.

Practically every punt or kick return comes with a flag.

Tacklers can't hit above the waist for fear of a targeting penalty for the slightest brush of the opponents helmet and they can't hit below the waist for fear of a penalty for going at the opponent's knees. Where the hell can they hit an opponent?

These rules are for lawyers and not for players or fans.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #2
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Notes from last nights game

The Alabama boys in the middle of the Redskins’ defensive line had quite a night. Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne were disruptive in both rushing the passer and stifling the run game of the Bengals. Both showed that they are in regular-season form and ready to create havoc for NFC East offenses this season.

On a night to forget for the Redskins’ offense, Adrian Peterson stuck out most by taking Washington’s first play from scrimmage for a 26-yard gain and a first down, showing a bit of elusiveness and solid burst for a 34-year-old running back.

Geron Christian Jr., Washington’s 2018 third-round pick, turned in a dismal performance both as a run-blocker and in pass protection. He had no answers for the Bengals’ defensive front regardless of assignment.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:49 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Special teams needs to get this shit out of their system now.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:57 AM   #4
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The sideline pisser (Kowitka) should have been fired years ago.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:14 AM   #5
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The sideline pisser (Kowitka) should have been fired years ago.
Kotwika is coaching in ATL now.
Yesterdays shitshow belongs to Nate Kaczor.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:50 PM   #6
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
They were horrible. 2 straight weeks with punt returns against us for tds. Even Hopkins looked shaky. Hope to see improvement soon but not a lot of reason for optimism.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:05 PM   #7
JoLo
Impact Rookie

Payne, Allen and Ionnidis*, if healthy may prove to be the best 3-4 dline in the league this year. Usually 3-4 dline man aren’t expected to get as much pressure as they do. And they stuff the run. Daron Payne looks ready to have a coming out party and recognized as the best nose tackle in the nfl. No other nose tackle can play the run or pass like he can.
JoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #8
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo View Post
Payne, Allen and Ionnidis*, if healthy may prove to be the best 3-4 dline in the league this year. Usually 3-4 dline man aren’t expected to get as much pressure as they do. And they stuff the run. Daron Payne looks ready to have a coming out party and recognized as the best nose tackle in the nfl. No other nose tackle can play the run or pass like he can.
It is a fearsome threesome. All those dudes are very, very strong and talented players. I did like getting Ionannidis signed this offseason. Dline should be solid for sure.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 08:21 AM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
It is a fearsome threesome. All those dudes are very, very strong and talented players. I did like getting Ionannidis signed this offseason. Dline should be solid for sure.
Its also the one place our rotation and depth looks solid. Settle especially looks like he will get a lot of snaps

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:49 PM   #10
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

As many have said already stated, the officiating was probably the worst I have ever seen. That crew has no business officiating in the NFL.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:00 PM   #11
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Tress Way's punting and Sean Wilson's punt returning were the only bright spots on special teams. The rest was garbage.

The starting defense looks like it could be dominant, if they can figure out the middle linebacker situation.

O line looked better, even Flowers at guard. I kinda hate to say it, but I think Geron is the starting LT. Penn looks too slow.

Time to call it a day with Perine and Doctson, and whoever's still says we don't have receivers is out of their mind...and our two best haven't even played yet.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:44 PM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://twitter.com/NFLOfficiating/s...08008535744512

So the NFL's official statement on the Kelvin Harmon PI call is that he pushed off around the 50, which conveniently isn't available to see on the regular tv footage but if you're willing to pay for the All-22 you can probably find it on there. I'd have to see it to exonerate them on that call because I thought it was about Harmon trying to make a play on the ball.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 08:25 AM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
https://twitter.com/NFLOfficiating/s...08008535744512

So the NFL's official statement on the Kelvin Harmon PI call is that he pushed off around the 50, which conveniently isn't available to see on the regular tv footage but if you're willing to pay for the All-22 you can probably find it on there. I'd have to see it to exonerate them on that call because I thought it was about Harmon trying to make a play on the ball.
You can see the guy, hard to call him a ref, when he throws the flag, he is looking right at the attempt to catch the ball and then the flag comes out. If it was about what happened at the 50 the flag should have been out before the catch was ever attempted

Old 08-17-2019, 10:33 AM   #14
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You can see the guy, hard to call him a ref, when he throws the flag, he is looking right at the attempt to catch the ball and then the flag comes out. If it was about what happened at the 50 the flag should have been out before the catch was ever attempted

I agree, the timing was hella suspect. Maybe the NFL is covering up for their ref and he was reprimanded privately? I hope that's the case.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:48 PM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I agree, the timing was hella suspect. Maybe the NFL is covering up for their ref and he was reprimanded privately? I hope that's the case.
Looking at the challenges I have seen, i think the nfl is trying to make coaches gun shy on challenging PI. Its kind of like holding, hand fighting and contact happens on every pass and the refs will use that to their benefit