Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who is starting at Q.B?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-18-2004, 03:42 PM   #1
love them hogs
Special Teams

Who is starting at Q.B?

If it were up to me I would go with Ramsey.He has a strong arm and after all the hits he took last year he deserves the job.I will admit that Brunell makes better football decisions,but ramsey will pick it up in time.He just needs more than the two seconds he was getting last year to get rid of the ball.

Last edited by love them hogs; 04-18-2004 at 09:35 PM.
love them hogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-18-2004, 03:50 PM   #2
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I say let the best man win. I really hate, however, how NO - ONE is giving Ramsey even a half of chance to win the starting job. I mean its all Brunell this, Brunell that. If he is better, than he should be out there, no doubt. However, I dont think Ramsey is getting enough credit or chance. I wouldnt be shocked at all if #11 is our opening day qb.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:01 PM   #3
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

I hope Patrick wins his job. That is one tough kid with a strong arm that kept getting up after being pounded, never complained and went back in like a Redskin. The kid has my respect and I hope he get his job fair and square.

peace
Old 04-18-2004, 04:05 PM   #4
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Gibbs is infatuated with the veteran player. Ramsey has absolutly no chance at this job because he hasn't even gotten to practice with the full squad yet, which gave Brunell a huge head start.

I think the starting job should be given to Ramsey, Arrington said something that I really agreed with. He told reporters that the job wasn't Ramsey's to win, it was his to defend and that Brunell should have to show a whole lot before having Patrick's team given to him.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:40 PM   #5
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

I agree with Lavars statement. It should be Ramseys job to lose. Now if Ramsey doesnt heal and get on the field and practice then it should be Brunells. But its only been one camp, they have plenty of camps and practice to go. Ramsey will get his shot at the next camp, you know damn well that Gibbs is going to throw a lot at both of them and see how then react to it. Even more so, you better beleive that Williams is going to throw a bunch at both of them in terms of blitzes and schemes.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:42 PM   #6
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

I think if we draft Taylor then the edge will go to Brunell, Brunell will better be able to read defenses and make decisions with a better secondary out there. If we draft KWII then I see the edge going to Ramsey. Ramsey would love to have a hback to be able to dump the ball off to when hes getting blitzed. KWII would become his saving grace. Not that Brunell couldnt use KWII, but I saw Ramsey a lot last year looking for the underneath man to make the easier pass. Ramsey didnt have a lot of conifdence at the end of the year and a killer hback would help bring that confidence back.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:31 PM   #7
skins009
Impact Rookie

I think Ramsey will eventually win the job for one reason. One Ramsey is gonna be a star. This is very evident to me. If you compare him to the other two quaterbacks that were drafted before him two years ago there is no comparison in who has played better so far.
Secondly I think Brunnell in no good. I hope I am wrong.
Either was both quaterbacks best friend is gonna be Portis, he will be in enphasis of the offense for a while I think.
skins009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 05:52 PM   #8
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Uhm, No offense and I love Ramsey, but I'd take David Carr if I had a choice.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:54 PM   #9
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Uhm, No offense and I love Ramsey, but I'd take David Carr if I had a choice.
Not me.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:17 PM   #10
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Carr is tough to, he broke the record for how many times he got sacked his rookie year, and he kept playing. Potentially his tougher than Ramsey. People dont give Carr the credit he deserves. Id still rather have Ramsey becausae hes been with us for two years now and I think learned a lot from Spurrier. The potential is there, I hope he gets the chance to show it.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:49 PM   #11
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

As of right now, I'd take Ramsey. But if I had my pick and knew each of their potentials right now. I'd draft Carr (provided he wasn't gone at #1!)
Old 04-18-2004, 07:01 PM   #12
lifetimeskin
Camp Scrub

Right now I would take Brunnel. He has gone through many more battles. I can only think of 3 QB's that started in their rookie year, and were successful...Marino, Manning (and just barely), and McNabb. Generally it takes a few years to fully understand a pro offense, not even to mention understanding a defense. I believe that Ramsey is the future here, but I think sitting out a year or two would do wonders for his ability to read defenses.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:02 PM   #13
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

David Carr is a great QB, but out of the three ( harrington, carr, ramsey ) Ramsey has outplayed both of hte other two, thers no question about it. I'm one of the biggest Harrington fans out there too, I really love the guy but Ramsey is better than him and Carr, at least right now.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:46 PM   #14
MTK
\m/

I love Ramsey as much as anyone, but Brunell just gives me a feeling of security and I'm sure Gibbs feels the same way.

There's no doubt that Ramsey has the tools, but I really think that right now Brunell is the guy to lead this team back to the playoffs next year.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:59 PM   #15
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

This is the year the Eagles fall, the Giants rebuild, the Cowboys have already done what they can with the talent they have, which leaves the Redskins rebuilt and ready to shine!! We've got a schedule that isnt to hard, itll be so nice to get back into the playoffs again, I sure hope we do.