Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Haynesworth's Debut

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Skins4Eva
Camp Scrub

Haynesworth's Debut

I have never really followed Haynesworth's career and have been super anxious to see him play. From what I saw, AH was virtually unblock-able last night!!! He was in the defensive backfield every snap he took against double-teams and was even triple teamed on one occasion when the RB chipped him after he had blown a double team up!!! This dude is one of those special players and I know it's only one preseason game, but I feel a lot better about him getting that big contract. In the first series, he absolutely owned, Max Starks, an All-Pro. I am pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements
Old 08-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
wolfeskins
The Starter

Re: Haynesworth's Debut

yea, he looked good. the d-line, as a whole, looked good. i saw a lot of holding going on by the steelers o-line.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

ya and the reason why they didn't really call the holds is for QB protection because who wants to lose their important player in the preseason.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
DCtoAZ
Impact Rookie

D-Line is so deep this year ... I know we have some old guys ... but as an overall mix, we will be having soo much depth that we'll always be fresh ... Mucho Sackos This Year
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I agree with u guys he is a rare player to be so big and physical, but have great speed and athleticism.. He may be our best Defensive player no matter what the position. I was also impressed with Landry and Horton those guys make a good safety tandem.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Out of curiosity -- does anyone know if Haynesworth was in during the second series?? The first series we DOMINATED for 6 plays, and then the second series our defense faltered a little. I'm curious if they took him out for a breather & that's why we gave up the drive..
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4Eva View Post
I have never really followed Haynesworth's career and have been super anxious to see him play. From what I saw, AH was virtually unblock-able last night!!! He was in the defensive backfield every snap he took against double-teams and was even triple teamed on one occasion when the RB chipped him after he had blown a double team up!!! This dude is one of those special players and I know it's only one preseason game, but I feel a lot better about him getting that big contract. In the first series, he absolutely owned, Max Starks, an All-Pro. I am pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's a counter point to all the things that Haynesworth brought to the game yesterday...did you see how winded he got just after one quarter of play?

One play he had his hands on his knees just sucking wind right until the ball was snapped.

I'm not downing him but all he had was one quarter and he looked like he played four. One of the detracting sides of Haynesworth was that he gets tired and takes plays off. His upside was great yesterday but lets "stay medium" and realize that all that glimmers is not gold.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

tenn's loss, our gain

I don't care if you throw the bank at the guy, if he performs he's worth it
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #9
The Goat
Pro Bowl

I was almost as impressed w/ big Phil as phat Al. If this group stay relatively healthy we're gonna be scary as hell.

And yes the refs better start calling the holds starting game one. Orakpo has had every inch of his jersey clinched in a blockers fist by now...sometimes it's blatantly obvious the blocker doesn't even intend to let go for fear his QB gets sidelined for the season. Anyway we should win the "penalty" battle every single game this year or our offense is big pile of mess.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #10
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I was almost as impressed w/ big Phil as phat Al. If this group stay relatively healthy we're gonna be scary as hell.

And yes the refs better start calling the holds starting game one. Orakpo has had every inch of his jersey clinched in a blockers fist by now...sometimes it's blatantly obvious the blocker doesn't even intend to let go for fear his QB gets sidelined for the season. Anyway we should win the "penalty" battle every single game this year or our offense is big pile of mess.
Actually that's a pretty good point. From what I've seen so far, Orakpo with his hand in the dirt seems to make o-linemen.......nervous. Later in the second half Pittsburgh had a RB help the OT block him. With AH in there drawing double teams and special attention having to be paid to Orakpo, there's bound to be some confusion at times on the o-line. That combined with the holding penalties makes us that much better.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:09 AM   #11
JPPT1974
Special Teams

They didn't pay him $100M for nothing. Hope that he produces! And fast!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:23 AM   #12
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

He was good from what I saw. I need to see him play a whole game. If he gets a little tired than so be it. We've got a rotation that is deeper than the Atlantic. We actually have to cut good players? Man, maybe Vinny isn't the scum sucking douche that I thought he was? Time will tell.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #13
CooleyAsCanBe
Special Teams

Redskins Insider said his heavy breathing was mainly due to a mis-sized jersey which was constricting his chest and keeping him from getting enough air. The jersey was altered at halftime. Skip down to the paragraph about Haynesworth.

Redskins Insider - Here's What I Think ...
Old 08-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #14
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyAsCanBe View Post
Redskins Insider said his heavy breathing was mainly due to a mis-sized jersey which was constricting his chest and keeping him from getting enough air. The jersey was altered at halftime. Skip down to the paragraph about Haynesworth.

Redskins Insider - Here's What I Think ...
Boy with that and Ladell Bettis, how hard is it to get these guys the right uniforms.

Interesting thoughts on Brennan and Chase. CB definitely has an air of confidence about him.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #15
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Boy with that and Ladell Bettis, how hard is it to get these guys the right uniforms.

Interesting thoughts on Brennan and Chase. CB definitely has an air of confidence about him.
Because of statements by both Colt and Zorn, I have wondered if Colt's (over)confidence does not make him somewhat uncoachable.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote