Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #16
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

ESPN released an article the other day that said since 2008 Haynesworth has constantly been one of the 5 best DT's in the game, when he was on the field.

Study: Haynesworth still a top-three DT - NFC East Blog - ESPN

Quote:
Fair to say things haven’t gone exactly to plan in Washington for the former Titan. Staggeringly though, when he’s been on the field he continues to be as good a DT as there is out there (even though he may be as scrutinized a defensive player as there is). Despite the pretty low sack totals in Washington, in his first year there, he was a top five defensive tackle and not that far off his best year. Even last year he generated pressure in the sub package defense. If you can get him playing his best then he’s a bargain whatever the price.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #17
musicmaster45
Special Teams

Well hopefully that translates into good picks
Old 07-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #18
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
ESPN released an article the other day that said since 2008 Haynesworth has constantly been one of the 5 best DT's in the game, when he was on the field.

Study: Haynesworth still a top-three DT - NFC East Blog - ESPN
No ,ESPN didn't say it... 'Pro Football Focus " did...Espn just discussed the artical.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #19
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No ,ESPN didn't say it... 'Pro Football Focus " did...Espn just discussed the artical.
Splitting hairs.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #20
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Splitting hairs.
Well the difference is we drive revenue from releasing the article...but we don't profit from it.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:06 AM   #21
bigdaddy2348
Camp Scrub

I say we should keep him and let him rot. I am tired of everyone saying cut him, because he is a "distraction" bull. From what I see right now we suck. We are working to get better but don’t give in to this slob. Make him suffer or give the money back. You have already paid him a huge bonus, so make some team give you an offer you can’t refuse for him then he can leave. What is going to happen if he gets cut is some team is going to pay him and he is going to find this new found desire to be a team player, then he could cry “it was all the Redskins fault” I wanted to play or it was the “Shanahans” they were the problem when it was his fat butt being lazy. You know some Skins basher would take his side and write a bunch of garbage about us. We will have another disgruntle player leaving DC and talking a bunch of smack of how bad it was there. Either make someone take him from us or let him rot.
bigdaddy2348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:48 AM   #22
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy2348 View Post
I say we should keep him and let him rot. I am tired of everyone saying cut him, because he is a "distraction" bull. From what I see right now we suck. We are working to get better but don’t give in to this slob. Make him suffer or give the money back. You have already paid him a huge bonus, so make some team give you an offer you can’t refuse for him then he can leave. What is going to happen if he gets cut is some team is going to pay him and he is going to find this new found desire to be a team player, then he could cry “it was all the Redskins fault” I wanted to play or it was the “Shanahans” they were the problem when it was his fat butt being lazy. You know some Skins basher would take his side and write a bunch of garbage about us. We will have another disgruntle player leaving DC and talking a bunch of smack of how bad it was there. Either make someone take him from us or let him rot.
With regards to "getting back the money"
They aren't getting it back, just like you expect folks with low credit scores to pay their debts voluntarily or expecting some advance fee scammer to pay you what they promise. NOT happening. There were rumors that they already tried to take it back last offseason, but nothing came of it. And yeah, the fat bastard was sued by Clayton Bank & Trust for not paying back a 2.38 million dollar loan.

With regards to the media bashing
Who gives a shit? Let the media babble. The team is in the business to win a Super Bowl, not in a beauty pagent for "most beautiful reputation".

"Make someone take him from us"? How? By pointing a gun to Tom Coughlin's head? Most teams would be overjoyed at having an opponent have only a 52 man roster over a 53 man roster. It takes two to complete a transaction, and the buyers won't be overspending over an unreliable player with only a short-term return. We'll probably cut him or trade him for cheap to Cincy.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #23
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy2348 View Post
And why is that important?

I understand the team wanting to recoup something financially. But I don't understand the whole "let's not cut him to teach him a lesson" or "let's not cut him so he doesn't do well in another team" philosophy.

Part of this was the team's fault, it was their fault for going after a player like this, paying him a ton of money, and then pin their hopes this past season on him to play NT. As I have always said, Vinny's f*ck ups are not going to be cheap to fix, and this one is the biggest one of them all.

Haynesworth needs to be gone from this team period. You know how Shanahan and BA can change the culture of the team? By NOT GOING AFTER FAT HEAD CASES AND PAYING THEM $41 DOLLARS IN GUARANTEED MONEY! That's it, there's no need to waste a roster spot on this guy, no need to keep paying, and no need to carry on this circus.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #24
MTK
\m/

By keeping AH and "making him suffer", you're also making the entire team suffer. The best thing the team can do is get rid of him as quickly as possible. Even if it's for a low round pick, just get him outta here.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #25
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

I find it unlikely that any possible ramifications of.....ditching/keeping BIG have been overlooked by the Shanahan's or BA. While I would love to be done with it and move on, I will defer to their knowledge and expertise in this case. Fans know.....little of what is REALLY going on behind closed doors in the NFL........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #26
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
By keeping AH and "making him suffer", you're also making the entire team suffer. The best thing the team can do is get rid of him as quickly as possible. Even if it's for a low round pick, just get him outta here.
I don't agree. If he continues to be non-compliant we should have the legal discourse to retain his contract while deactivating him from the 53-man roster. I don't think our options are limited to:

- Keeping him and paying him
- Releasing or trading him

We should be able to Keyshawn his ass if he's not living up to his contract. I doubt any mediator would side with Haynesworth in a situation where he's knowingly and purposely not doing what he's told.

It's in our best interests to keep him and let him come around. What's he going to do, pout forever? Eventually, once you realized you had no option, wouldn't you want to make an impact again? If he continues to be a non-compliant piece of junk you Keyshawn him and get him out of your locker room. But you don't have to give him away for nothing.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #27
MTK
\m/

I'm just tired of the circus, as I'm sure many in Redskins Park are too as well. We've got more important things to worry about. Get him outta here and let's move on.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #28
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
we should trade him to anyone..even philly
Trade him to Philly, which will motivate him twice a year against us...and playing for his old D-line coach that made him a Pro Bowler? Great idea...there's a reason why the Eagles really want him.

Eagles eagerly anticipate start of free agency - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

If they want him, they're going to have to pay a high price.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #29
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Trade him to Philly, which will motivate him twice a year against us...and playing for his old D-line coach that made him a Pro Bowler? Great idea...there's a reason why the Eagles really want him.

Eagles eagerly anticipate start of free agency - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

If they want him, they're going to have to pay a high price.

interesting video,

anyway I think that A) it's just two games, so I don't really care/ I'm not that worried that he'll go out and have a great game against us. B) You're going to get more of a high pick out of the eagles than any other team.
C) I'll take my chances against him for 2 games out of a 16 game season, even though he also gets injured a lot and sits out for half of a game.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #30
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm just tired of the circus, as I'm sure many in Redskins Park are too as well. We've got more important things to worry about. Get him outta here and let's move on.
Bingo.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote