Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the No Fun League - Week 7

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #1
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Around the No Fun League - Week 7

Interesting article about Bill O'Brien. I remember when he was the hot hire. After watching him on Hard Knocks, seeing his results over the last few years, the article makes me a little less stupid for thinking O'Brien is just not all that.

You can’t blame Osweiler for Houston’s problems — The Undefeated

It's also pretty good at diving into some of the deeper concepts of football. We routinely talk about "adjustments" but this goes into detail on some of the types and the true match-up games that go on in-game between teams (well, teams with solid coaching).

Advertisements
Old 10-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Around the No Fun League - Week 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Interesting article about Bill O'Brien. I remember when he was the hot hire. After watching him on Hard Knocks, seeing his results over the last few years, the article makes me a little less stupid for thinking O'Brien is just not all that.

You can’t blame Osweiler for Houston’s problems — The Undefeated

It's also pretty good at diving into some of the deeper concepts of football. We routinely talk about "adjustments" but this goes into detail on some of the types and the true match-up games that go on in-game between teams (well, teams with solid coaching).
Screens aren’t just for the blitz

Most coaches only see the screen pass as the answer to a blitz-happy defense, but it can be deadly against some two-deep coverages. A well-designed running back screen against any 2-deep coverage can result in one tackler against two linemen and a running back. You only need to hit one to change the way the defenders play for the rest of the game. Suddenly, their zone drops won’t be as deep, creating bigger gaps in the downfield coverage.

Play action for intermediate, not deep

When you are running the ball as well as the Texans did against the Colts, conventional football logic would tell you that the safeties will start to creep closer and closer to the line of scrimmage. And the proper response to that is a play-action deep post route, attacking the area vacated by the safety. However, the Colts and many of the other teams that have faced the Texans refuse to go into single-safety coverages. They are content to let Miller run the ball, but not give up big plays to Hopkins. That doesn’t mean that the Texans should abandon the play-action all together. They should design play-action passes that target the backs, tight ends, and slot receivers because, while the safeties won’t bite on the run fake, the linebackers will.

good stuff here

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:18 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Eddie Lacy has reportedly gained back all the weight he lost in the offseason - CBSSports.com

note to self...don't draft garbage Alabama running backs. Lazy and fat

update...

lazy, fat, and gimpy: Eddie Lacy having surgery, will be placed on injured reserve | ProFootballTalk

He Gets Us
Old 10-20-2016, 05:39 PM   #4
Bangee7
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
that kid was a stud at Alabama...I guess the big money "softened" the fire inside
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:45 PM   #5
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangee7 View Post
that kid was a stud at Alabama ...
... as was Trent Richardson.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:05 PM   #6
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

If it was anyone else not a peep would have been said.
Steelers notebook: Team files formal complaint saying Ndamukong Suh kicked Ben Roethlisberger | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Who's playing tricks on me?.?..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:14 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Matt Barkley warming up for the bears...ugh...what a product

Va tech Miami much better game

He Gets Us
Old 10-20-2016, 09:45 PM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Thursday night NFL game is unwatchable. Switched to the college game and baseball playoffs.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:13 PM   #9
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I've been watching baseball but GB sucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 10:32 PM   #10
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Thursday night NFL game is unwatchable. Switched to the college game and baseball playoffs.
If the baseball game wasn't on next to the football game I would've stayed home myself. Instead I stopped by Tilted Kilt after work. The girls don't hurt either.

Packers just scored a TD on a fade pass. Must be nice.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:44 PM   #11
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Giants owner: Brown told us he abused wife

I really hope this Josh Brown shitshow comes back to bite the Giants and John Mara in the ass. Admittedly I still hold a grudge, but that's what happens when your rival owner who has a vested interest in your downfall is the head of the "competition" committee that is in charge of keeping the game "fair." Suck a nut John Mara.

The hilarious part of this article is the fact that when the allegations first broke, Mara/NFL made a statement that they did their due diligence on the accusations and were comfortable standing by him. Now they won't even invite him to London because they need to "review" these new allegations. Bitch, you should have "reviewed" this shit initially when his wife came out with the shit, now that the story is gaining traction you are trying to save face again. F your weak ass investigation and f you for trying to save face yet again. The NFL said it would punish franchises that place talent over ethics, they should start by making an example out of the Giants for protecting their average ass wife beating place kicker. I wish there was video evidence so the public would be outraged like they were with Ray Rice.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:00 AM   #12
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Giants owner: Brown told us he abused wife

I really hope this Josh Brown shitshow comes back to bite the Giants and John Mara in the ass. Admittedly I still hold a grudge, but that's what happens when your rival owner who has a vested interest in your downfall is the head of the "competition" committee that is in charge of keeping the game "fair." Suck a nut John Mara.

The hilarious part of this article is the fact that when the allegations first broke, Mara/NFL made a statement that they did their due diligence on the accusations and were comfortable standing by him. Now they won't even invite him to London because they need to "review" these new allegations. Bitch, you should have "reviewed" this shit initially when his wife came out with the shit, now that the story is gaining traction you are trying to save face again. F your weak ass investigation and f you for trying to save face yet again. The NFL said it would punish franchises that place talent over ethics, they should start by making an example out of the Giants for protecting their average ass wife beating place kicker. I wish there was video evidence so the public would be outraged like they were with Ray Rice.
The Giants owner owns Roger as well. They'll make some excuse for them. Who woulda thought, a kicker would be the worst abuser in the NFL (humans only, Vick), in at least the last 10 years. And he'd play for the FaGiants.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:32 AM   #13
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Robbie Gould to replace Josh Brown as Giants kickerÂ*in LondonÂ*
Old 10-21-2016, 09:51 AM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Got a feeling Josh Brown is done.

And the Giants not looking good on this:

Giants sacrifice reputation with Josh Brown decision - New York Giants Blog- ESPN

Giantone, what you think?

He Gets Us
Old 10-21-2016, 10:39 AM   #15
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Got a feeling Josh Brown is done.

And the Giants not looking good on this:

Giants sacrifice reputation with Josh Brown decision - New York Giants Blog- ESPN

Giantone, what you think?

I think the Giants have been fucking up for a while now going back to the Coughlin BS. First Jerry Reese should have been gone not Coughlin.That is evident in the BS with ODB,great talent but an idiot and no one on the team will do a damn thing about it.Now this,they should have canned his old kicking ass in the pre-season.
Now while I do have a different opinion on some other issues with John Mara and things he has and has not done,on this he has fucked up bad!