Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Packer's Post-Game: How do you like me now?!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-21-2016, 03:40 PM   #46
MTK
\m/

Re: Packer's Post-Game: How do you like me now?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Did you see the countless holdings that weren't called?

Yeah seems like these days unless you bring someone to the ground they're just not going to call holding.

Advertisements
Old 11-21-2016, 03:43 PM   #47
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
How much is a 32 year old career back up going to get on the open market? IMO that is a guy you may have to overpay to keep around.
he may be a career backup, but he is only in his second year . . . there is very very very little wear on his body . . . he should be good for a while . . . and if he plays the next 2 games like he did this one, he will demand a good amount of $$$ (ton to me) as he is a LT and LT's are EXPENSIVE.

Nice to have excess quality offensive lineman instead of one of the worse group of onlineman in the league isn't it?
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:45 PM   #48
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I don't think many teams will be lining up for him. I'd be surprised if we can't keep him around.
i completely disagree with this statement. He may be 32, but has almost no wear on his body as he is only in his second year in the league . . . he'll be fine for another 5 - 7 years, and he'll get a big $$$ contract somewhere as left tackles are not easy to come by.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:51 PM   #49
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
he may be a career backup, but he is only in his second year . . . there is very very very little wear on his body . . . he should be good for a while . . . and if he plays the next 2 games like he did this one, he will demand a good amount of $$$ (ton to me) as he is a LT and LT's are EXPENSIVE.

Nice to have excess quality offensive lineman instead of one of the worse group of onlineman in the league isn't it?
Remember Ray Brown? Same deal.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:54 PM   #50
MTK
\m/

Quote:
i completely disagree with this statement. He may be 32, but has almost no wear on his body as he is only in his second year in the league . . . he'll be fine for another 5 - 7 years, and he'll get a big $$$ contract somewhere as left tackles are not easy to come by.

He's played plenty of football in the arena league so the wear and tear argument doesn't really fly. He's on the wrong side of 30, teams aren't going to want to make any big commitment.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:58 PM   #51
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
He's played plenty of football in the arena league so the wear and tear argument doesn't really fly. He's on the wrong side of 30, teams aren't going to want to make any big commitment.
When a team is desperate for a starting caliber T in this case an LT, some foolish team just might give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder. LT's don't grow in trees.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-21-2016, 03:59 PM   #52
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Remember Ray Brown? Same deal.
no even close to the same deal . . . Ray Brown was in his 19th season when he signed with the skins (i am assuming your are talking about his second stint with the Skins as he got a big contract from the 49ers after his first stint in Washington) . . . not his second . . . Ray Brown was 42 (not 32) years old and in his 19th season . . . and still played damn good . . . Nsekhe is 32 and in his 2nd year . . . HUGE DIFFERENCE
Old 11-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #53
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Best line.

Quote:
If I must explain this grade for Kirk Cousins to you, well, go take off your No. 10 jersey and actually watch the game.

Redskins vs. Packers report card: Coach and QB get top grades | CSN Mid-Atlantic
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:03 PM   #54
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
fine, though . . . in minor leagues, players will have a little wear and tear, but he was going up against guys much smaller and less talented then him . . . i'm sure he didn't have to work as hard or take as many blows to the knees which are the most crucial for wear and tear on a lineman . . . but either way, offensive lineman play into their late 30's quite a bit . . . quality left tackles are extremely hard to find and his is playing like a top 3 LT .. . . he will get paid by someone, and if the skins want to keep him he will be the 2nd highest paid o-linemen on the team behind TW . . . plus Alex Mac just signed a huge contract in Atlanta and he is 31 and just a center . . . centers make far less than tackles
Old 11-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #55
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
no even close to the same deal . . . Ray Brown was in his 19th season when he signed with the skins (i am assuming your are talking about his second stint with the Skins as he got a big contract from the 49ers after his first stint in Washington) . . . not his second . . . Ray Brown was 42 (not 32) years old and in his 19th season . . . and still played damn good . . . Nsekhe is 32 and in his 2nd year . . . HUGE DIFFERENCE
He was like 28 when he played he first for the skins and sat on the bench for a few years, then he started, signed with the 49ers in his 30's and dominated during that time. That's what I meant.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-21-2016, 04:12 PM   #56
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
He was like 28 when he played he first for the skins and sat on the bench for a few years, then he started, signed with the 49ers in his 30's and dominated during that time. That's what I meant.
k . . . but he got a big contract with the 49ers . . . and that is what everyone seems to think will NOT happen with Nseskhe . . . he will get $7 - $10 mil per year minimum for 3 - 5 years . . . write it down and feel free to hold it against me if it doesn't happen.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #57
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
k . . . but he got a big contract with the 49ers . . . and that is what everyone seems to think will NOT happen with Nseskhe . . . he will get $7 - $10 mil per year minimum for 3 - 5 years . . . write it down and feel free to hold it against me if it doesn't happen.
I have no doubt, starting caliber LT's don't grow in trees.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-21-2016, 04:19 PM   #58
MTK
\m/

Mack was far more established. If someone wants to give a relatively unproven LT on the wrong side of 30 big money I say let them. I don't see it happening but we shall see.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:23 PM   #59
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

He is going to get paid some good cash. I'm sure the Skins money team already has a certain amount they would match, and if its above that he's probably gone. Hopefully we can keep him. If not, that's how it works sometimes. Bring in a younger guy and hope he can be a solid (and cheaper) backup.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:28 PM   #60
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Mack was far more established. If someone wants to give a relatively unproven LT on the wrong side of 30 big money I say let them. I don't see it happening but we shall see.
he was far more established, with everyone saying he was washed out and done . . . now he is playing at an all pro level, at the cheapest offensive line position there at 32 years of age making $9 million per year for the next 4.5 years . . . it will be a big $$$ contract, but it won't be here. There are too many teams with putrid olines . . . jacksonville, LA, Seattle, San Fran, etc. . . . they would LOVE him!!