Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Jags postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who gets your game ball for the Skins 16-13 in over the Jags?
Johnson 11 37.93%
Kerrigan 4 13.79%
Allen 9 31.03%
Way 2 6.90%
Hopkins 1 3.45%
other 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2018, 10:22 PM   #31
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Jags postgame

Loooool. That made my night.

Advertisements
Old 12-16-2018, 10:24 PM   #32
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Also totally forgot to mention this, Ryan Kerrigan quietly becomes the all-time sack leader in Redskins history. And in true RK fashion, nobody remembers, because most people think he isn't that good. Congrats to him and to Josh Johnson for the first career win.

Edit: I said that because I swear I remember hearing the CBS crew say that (unless I'm going crazy, in which case carry on).

However according to PFR Manley is the career sack leader with 91 for the Skins, Mann is second with 82. Kerrigan just passed Mann for second with 82.5. Which still, is impressive regardless considering nobody thinks Kerrigan is any good because he's not JJ Watt or Von Miller.

Double secret ninja edit:
Has anyone looked at our career sack leaders list? JFC.

1. Manley - 91
2. Kerrigan - 82.5
3. Mann - 82
yuuuuuuuuuuge gap
4. Coleman - 43.5
6. Orakpo - 40
12. Preston Smith - 24
23. Phillip Daniels (LOL) - 17.5
It is crazy that by next year he could be the all time sacks leader. Like you said he gets very little recognition for what he does.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:24 PM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Also totally forgot to mention this, Ryan Kerrigan quietly becomes the all-time sack leader in Redskins history. And in true RK fashion, nobody remembers, because most people think he isn't that good. Congrats to him and to Josh Johnson for the first career win.

Edit: I said that because I swear I remember hearing the CBS crew say that (unless I'm going crazy, in which case carry on).

However according to PFR Manley is the career sack leader with 91 for the Skins, Mann is second with 82. Kerrigan just passed Mann for second with 82.5. Which still, is impressive regardless considering nobody thinks Kerrigan is any good because he's not JJ Watt or Von Miller.

1. Manley - 91
2. Kerrigan - 82.5
3. Mann - 82
yuuuuuuuuuuge gap
4. Coleman - 43.5
6. Orakpo - 40
12. Preston Smith - 24
Very impressive on Kerrigans part. Good for him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2018, 10:28 PM   #34
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Was it question 3?
The redskin post game I was referring to was the tv show .. I did not realize that somebody had a link to the byron Marshall missed tackle allready out on this thread.. sorry for confusion !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:57 AM   #35
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:

1. Manley - 91
2. Kerrigan - 82.5
3. Mann - 82
yuuuuuuuuuuge gap
4. Coleman - 43.5
6. Orakpo - 40
12. Preston Smith - 24
I could have sworn Dexter had 97.5 career sacks...not sure how many he had as a Redskin.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:52 AM   #36
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The thing w/ Kerrigan is although he is a good player, a solid player, he doesn't make any game changing type of plays. He's been very durable and lines up every week but will never be a great impact player.

Had Dexter been able to keep himself straight he was going into the HOF.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:59 AM   #37
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Hey I'll take the W, the no TD allowed by the D and the 16 points scored by our 4th string QB behind a depleted Oline on a defense that shut out the Colts a couple of weeks ago.

For the first time this year I really had no hope at all we were going to win this game (until kickoff, when I switch to full "we can beat anybody anytime and go to the SB" mode).

So credit this team, they looked pretty fired up too... even Mason Foster had a solid game after this week mess IMO.

Now... I really don't see us beating the Titans. Even before Colt went down this was the game I had the less confidence we could win. They beat the Pats a few weeks ago and their offense seems to be clicking on all cylinders for 3 weeks in a row now.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:33 AM   #38
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It would be a cool story. Also it's a huge wonder why JJ wasn't the #2 or at least #3 QB all year? He's better than Colt and Mark IMO. He can move around well and has a Cannon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I think JJ has to realize that he's playing for a contract in 2019 with the Skins especially considering the team's question marks at QB. If he keeps playing like he did yesterday he deserves one. He does have a cannon but he need to get it firing more accurately.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:16 AM   #39
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I could have sworn Dexter had 97.5 career sacks...not sure how many he had as a Redskin.
He does, points to you for the accurate memory. 6.5 were as a Buc though, he has 91 for the Skins.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:29 AM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The redskins are now 7-0 this season when scoring first in such games, and are also 7-0 this season when holding an opponent to under 20 points.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:30 AM   #41
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The thing w/ Kerrigan is although he is a good player, a solid player, he doesn't make any game changing type of plays. He's been very durable and lines up every week but will never be a great impact player.

Had Dexter been able to keep himself straight he was going into the HOF.
His strip/sack that led to Preston's TD against the Cowboys wasn't a game-changing play?

Kerrigan's a stud. Glad to have him on the team and locked in for the next couple years.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:36 AM   #42
MTK
\m/

Yeah to say he doesn't make game changing plays is silly, 25 forced fumbles over his career. He's been a rock solid player for us, definitely underappreciated by too many.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:38 AM   #43
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah to say he doesn't make game changing plays is silly, 25 forced fumbles over his career. He's been a rock solid player for us, definitely underappreciated by too many.
I have been one that is hard to RK, I will admit he is a damn good player. Is he a Great Rusher? No but he's in the top 20 for sure.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:07 AM   #44
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
His strip/sack that led to Preston's TD against the Cowboys wasn't a game-changing play?

Kerrigan's a stud. Glad to have him on the team and locked in for the next couple years.
IDK, to me he just seems to disappear for long periods of time. Great accomplishment though.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:11 AM   #45
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Zac Kerin played 19 snaps yesterday at LG and only allowed 1 pressure. That is not bad