The Rage Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-03-2019, 07:42 AM   #46
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: The Rage Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
The Redskins won't be picking up Josh Doctson's 5th year option....this doesn't mean that they won't try to give him a deal in the offseason if he has a 95 catch 1500 yards with 12 TDs performance in 2019....but I'm glad that the Redskins are making a fuckin healthy football decision on this soft ass 1st round bust.....

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington...on--131700083/
That is about 3 years production out of Doctson.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-03-2019, 09:01 AM   #47
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Agreed. He is a draft bust and the only reason he's still playing is because the team let go of 1,000 WR like Garcon, Desean Jackson and Crowder. I never understood why we let go of BOTH Jackson and Garcon and kept Doctson.
I think the way things have shaken out with both Garcon and DJax, we made the right move in letting them go. The problem is we didn't replace them properly.

Doctson was a poor selection period, but there were significant amount of others in that draft who haven't worked out:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/nfl...alysis-results

That's a poor first round. The first five picks were great, after that, look out how poor it was.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:36 AM   #48
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
That is about 3 years production out of Doctson.
It's actually significantly better than Doctson's 3 years: 81 catches, 1,100 yards, 8 touchdowns.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:43 PM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think the way things have shaken out with both Garcon and DJax, we made the right move in letting them go. The problem is we didn't replace them properly.

Doctson was a poor selection period, but there were significant amount of others in that draft who haven't worked out:

That's a poor first round. The first five picks were great, after that, look out how poor it was.
That A grade on Doctson stings. Just goes to show how pointless grading drafts immediately afterwards is.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:12 PM   #50
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:

Interesting. Why were you happy about letting go of Desean and Garcon? I mean D. Jackson still has enough juice that the Eagles resigned him this season? I mean they were both 1,000 yd WR and we didn't really replace them.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:43 AM   #51
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Interesting. Why were you happy about letting go of Desean and Garcon? I mean D. Jackson still has enough juice that the Eagles resigned him this season? I mean they were both 1,000 yd WR and we didn't really replace them.
I would just point to their contracts and their production. I don't think either of them were worth the money they got.

I was so happy that we didn't pay them what they ended up getting from the 49ers and Bucs.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:23 AM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well there wasn’t an emotional high when I found out both DJax and Garçon were not returning. But what we found since, it was the right move...neither performed close to their contract. But we didn’t effectively replace them and this is why Bruce isn’t good at how to team build, you need to be drafting and developing all the time.

Big side note...thank you for your service!

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 05-04-2019 at 07:12 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:41 PM   #53
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Well there wasn’t an emotional high when I found out both DJax and Garçon were not returning. But what we found since, it was the right move...neither performed close to their contract. But we didn’t effectively replace them and this is why Bruce isn’t good at how to team build, you need to be drafting and developing all the time.

Big side note...thank you for your service!
It was a catch-22, you lose resigning them to contracts they wouldn't live up to, or you lose because you failed to adequately replace them.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:58 AM   #54
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It was a catch-22, you lose resigning them to contracts they wouldn't live up to, or you lose because you failed to adequately replace them.
The flip on that, though, is if doctson and crowder develop correctly...there are the replacements. Just didnt pan out, unfortunately. I really wanted doctson to be a baller. After he was out all of year 1 I lost my hope, though. Kind of how I feel about guice right now. I hope he plans out, but after missing his entire rookie campaign, I dont have high hopes.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #55
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:

You're right. I thought we'd sign one of them (DeSean or Garcon) and was kind of shocked when we let both of them go. Richardson has been a bust, mostly due to his injury, and we just have to admit that Doctson is a draft bust. Then we let Crowder go? I just don't get the reasoning for letting three 1,000 yd WR go in FA. I could see one or two but all three?

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:04 AM   #56
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
You're right. I thought we'd sign one of them (DeSean or Garcon) and was kind of shocked when we let both of them go. Richardson has been a bust, mostly due to his injury, and we just have to admit that Doctson is a draft bust. Then we let Crowder go? I just don't get the reasoning for letting three 1,000 yd WR go in FA. I could see one or two but all three?
Who is the third?
Old 05-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #57
MTK
\m/

Garçon and Jackson haven’t done squat since they left, we let them go at the right time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #58
Darrell_Green_28
The Starter

Hey what's taking so long to sign our rookies? lol
Old 05-05-2019, 04:34 PM   #59
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
The flip on that, though, is if doctson and crowder develop correctly...there are the replacements. Just didnt pan out, unfortunately. I really wanted doctson to be a baller. After he was out all of year 1 I lost my hope, though. Kind of how I feel about guice right now. I hope he plans out, but after missing his entire rookie campaign, I dont have high hopes.
Whoa, pump the brakes on Guice. He literally tore his ACL, which unfortunately is a common football injury that takes a year to heal from. It doesn't mean jack about his career being done, just means he has to wait a year to start. Bryce Love has the same problem, he might not even play this year. Only difference is he tore his ACL in college.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:36 AM   #60
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Whoa, pump the brakes on Guice. He literally tore his ACL, which unfortunately is a common football injury that takes a year to heal from. It doesn't mean jack about his career being done, just means he has to wait a year to start. Bryce Love has the same problem, he might not even play this year. Only difference is he tore his ACL in college.
I understand, but being a year removed, I have cautious optimism...based on history though, im not overly hooeful.