17,000 More Troops Afghanistan

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: 17,000 More Troops Afghanistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
LOL... Read through the thread without realizing most of it was from a year ago.

Sorta proves the point about the media coverage.

Why the lack of interest by America? Is it b/c the economy, health care and the snow storm have driven it from our minds? How long does Obama plan to be there? Are we trying to establish a client State? Are our efforts in this country in vain?

We have lost ~ 1,000 men in "and around" Afghanistan. Where is the discussion as to the neccesity, or lack thereof, for there sacrifice?

Just curious.
That was my point exactly. Amazing that we could discuss the nuances of Iraq daily for 8 years, while soldiers have been in the mountains of Afghanistan, with much of the same dangers and tasks, and not hear nearly as much discussion. I would tend to think that Iraq was Bush's war, and the Dem's saw it as a way to make political hay. Conversely, Afghanistan is a joint Rep/Dem war, and Republicans aren't generally going to bash military action, so there is no significant counter to an ongoing military siege. It just simply amazes me. Could anybody imagine a 7 day siege and advance in Iraq, or Vietnam, or any past war not receiving Major headlines??
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote