Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
GMScud
Swearinger

Obama spending tracking website found lacking

Yet another huge waste of money.

I find this pretty ironic.

Obama-backed website on government spending is found lacking - latimes.com

I'm pulling for Obama (even though I didn't vote for him) because he's our President. But I could help laughing at a joke a co-worker told me today:

Did you hear Lindsey Vonn gave her gold medal to Obama? Yeah, no one can go downhill faster than he has.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: Obama spending tracking website found lacking

While on the topic of the President, I found this article in WaPo really interesting. It was from a few weeks ago. I've thought for a while Rahm was the problem. I still don't really care for him, but I've thought it was his ego that was hurting the Presidency. Turns out that may not be the case:

washingtonpost.com
Old 03-14-2010, 03:00 AM   #3
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

If it was up to date you'd complain that they have too much money tied up into it :p
Old 03-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yet another huge waste of money.

I find this pretty ironic.

Obama-backed website on government spending is found lacking - latimes.com

I'm pulling for Obama (even though I didn't vote for him) because he's our President. But I could help laughing at a joke a co-worker told me today:

Did you hear Lindsey Vonn gave her gold medal to Obama? Yeah, no one can go downhill faster than he has.

Here's another massive waste of money from him...I just heard on ESPN Radio a commercial with the President telling men to be better fathers and to go to www.fatherhood.gov. Seriously...FATHERHOOD DOT GOV? Are you joking? Not only does the Government have a place telling people how to parent...but actually having a site like this being run by the Government? I know there's a huge issue with single mothers and multiple fathers in urban communities, but it's just not the Government's place to tell people they have to be responsible for lives they create. Do they honestly think they can impact anyone?

"Yo man, your baby momma needs some cash for diapers".

"So what, I gotta pay my cell bill, she'll get it when I have it".

"But Obama said you need to step the #$&@ up as a dad."

"Really, he said that?"

"Yeah man, go check out his site about it!"

"Wow, this changed my life, dawg. I'm moving back in with Jr. and no more ladies for me other than his mom".

Seriously?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #5
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post

Here's another massive waste of money from him...I just heard on ESPN Radio a commercial with the President telling men to be better fathers and to go to www.fatherhood.gov. Seriously...FATHERHOOD DOT GOV? Are you joking?
Those are the things you get when goverment thinks it can solve all our problems. Maybe if we stopped given these girls getting knock up assisstance and replacing the man with goverment they might think twice about gettin knock up by some looser with no job or income.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
saden1
MVP

Quote:

Here's another massive waste of money from him...I just heard on ESPN Radio a commercial with the President telling men to be better fathers and to go to www.fatherhood.gov. Seriously...FATHERHOOD DOT GOV? Are you joking? Not only does the Government have a place telling people how to parent...but actually having a site like this being run by the Government? I know there's a huge issue with single mothers and multiple fathers in urban communities, but it's just not the Government's place to tell people they have to be responsible for lives they create. Do they honestly think they can impact anyone?

"Yo man, your baby momma needs some cash for diapers".

"So what, I gotta pay my cell bill, she'll get it when I have it".

"But Obama said you need to step the #$&@ up as a dad."

"Really, he said that?"

"Yeah man, go check out his site about it!"

"Wow, this changed my life, dawg. I'm moving back in with Jr. and no more ladies for me other than his mom".

Seriously?
By your stupid-super-retarded logic one is left to ask "do any public service announcements make an impact?"

Because Buster, well, is a stupid man incapable of meaningful thought it must be pointed out the ads were done in-corporation with organizations in the PSA business and wasn't paid for by the government. The campaign was the product of National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse (NRFC) and the Ad Council with DHS/White House merely making a guest appearance. Since 2008 media organizations across the country, including ESPN, have donated 38 million dollars in free advertising to the NRFC's campaign.

As for the real question of whether the government should be in the business of encouraging fathers to be fathers? I would tend to think the answer is fairly straightforward from moral and social welfare argument.

-Jenkins
Old 03-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #7
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
By your stupid-super-retarded logic one is left to ask "do any public service announcements make an impact?"

Because Buster, well, is a stupid man incapable of meaningful thought it must be pointed out the ads were done in-corporation with organizations in the PSA business and wasn't paid for by the government. The campaign was the product of National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse (NRFC) and the Ad Council with DHS/White House merely making a guest appearance. Since 2008 media organizations across the country, including ESPN, have donated 38 million dollars in free advertising to the NRFC's campaign.

As for the real question of whether the government should be in the business of encouraging fathers to be fathers? I would tend to think the answer is fairly straightforward from moral and social welfare argument.
Not everyone has the same morals. You're right, the government does such a wonderful job.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Not everyone has the same morals. You're right, the government does such a wonderful job.

I suppose fake Christians like Buster and twisted daemons like you tend to have their own set of morals. Fortunatly you're in the minority.

-Jenkins
Old 03-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #9
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
I suppose fake Christians like Buster and twisted daemons like you tend to have their own set of morals. Fortunatly you're in the minority.
You and DMEK have a very short memory. I expect it from him. You try to bill yourself as smarter than everyone on here, yet you go back to your condescending little playbook everytime.

1) Not a Christian

2) Hate GWB, Lindsey Graham, McCain and every other RINO.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Excuse me?

There's your definition of a bigot, Dmek.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #11
dmek25
MVP

you guys hiding the last 8 years all this wasteful spending was going on? because you really seem like bigots now to bring it up
Old 03-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
you guys hiding the last 8 years all this wasteful spending was going on? because you really seem like bigots now to bring it up
Maybe some, but most people were fed up with the wasteful spending on the Republican side as well. Now it just looks partisan, but everyone in this country should want the government to at least try to shed some of its waste.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #13
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
DO you even know what "bigot" means?

Yes, President Bush was far from Conservative in his last term, but also remember it was also a Dem-controlled Congress getting those spending plans on his desk, he's not the only one to blame. With that said, President Obama makes President Bush look like a penny-pincher. On top of that, the Bush tax cuts are not going to be renewed in a recession and soon we'll be paying a lot more in taxes, especially small businesses. The average American will be paying $2,087 more in taxes when they're allowed to expire by this Administration. Like President Bush personally or not, you have to admit his tax cuts (for everyone, not just the "rich" as his opponents like to falsely claim) helped boost the economy greatly after 09/11. The days of paying less in taxes are long gone as long as Democrats are in control.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #14
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:

Yes, President Bush was far from Conservative in his last term, but also remember it was also a Dem-controlled Congress getting those spending plans on his desk, he's not the only one to blame. With that said, President Obama makes President Bush look like a penny-pincher. On top of that, the Bush tax cuts are not going to be renewed in a recession and soon we'll be paying a lot more in taxes, especially small businesses. The average American will be paying $2,087 more in taxes when they're allowed to expire by this Administration. Like President Bush personally or not, you have to admit his tax cuts (for everyone, not just the "rich" as his opponents like to falsely claim) helped boost the economy greatly after 09/11. The days of paying less in taxes are long gone as long as Democrats are in control.
No pass for W. His tax cuts were nice. Not as nice as they could have been had he figured out how to not spend the money he was not collecting.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
dmek25
MVP

Quote:

why don't you enlighten me?
Closed Thread