Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-10-2022, 08:48 PM   #31
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: 2022 off season thread part 1

Resign the following:

Scherff (5 pro bowls, don’t want to see him go to the HOF wearing another teams jersey like TW).

Settle (better than Payne)

McKissick

Sims, Humphries, Carter (friendly cost effective contracts)

Extend:
McLaurin

Trade:

Payne

Cut:

Bostic
Collins unless he restructures for a lot less

Don’t bother resigning:

McCain

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2022, 08:58 PM   #32
HTTR
Special Teams

The pressure to name a franchise QB this off-season scares me. Snyder can’t possibly keep his hands off this, and with no true GM, I think there’s at least a 50/50 chance this could set us back even further, a la RG3 and Haskins.

Maybe our real needs are GM, QB, MLB, WR, etc.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:10 PM   #33
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
The pressure to name a franchise QB this off-season scares me. Snyder can’t possibly keep his hands off this, and with no true GM, I think there’s at least a 50/50 chance this could set us back even further, a la RG3 and Haskins.

Maybe our real needs are GM, QB, MLB, WR, etc.
We have a true gm in Martin Mayhew.

And if Mayhew, Wright and Rivera can't choose their own qb over Snyder then the franchise qb thing will never have one.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:26 PM   #34
oldfan
Camp Scrub

I agree with those of you that think we need a quarterback. It should be the number one priority. Heinicke isn't it and neither is Allen. I would hate to see the WFT trade for Wilson. Yes, he is better than anything here now, but he is declining and will not be productive much longer. If Seattle is willing to trade him, he is done or almost done as a player. Watson would be better but will be costly. Pay it!

I often see posters wishing that we still had Cousins. You need to understand that Cousins was not going to stay here, no matter what. He went to the University of Minnesota, his and his wife's families are in Minnesota, he indicated that he wanted to be drafted by Minnesota before that year's NFL draft and the Vikings were always cautiously indicating that they wanted him. In that Gruden is right, Washington should have gotten a lot more for him. The only reason he was here for the length of time was because of the Franchise Tag.

From what I have read, the draft doesn't have any real outstanding quarterbacks in it so the outlook for next year's Quarterback is not good.

I hope the WFT renews Sherff. He has been a solid player since he came. Samuel's was a bust signing. He was injured before he signed and stayed injured for most of the season. When he did play, he was useless IMO.

I would love to see Rivera gone but that won't happen this year. I am hoping for next year. I have never been a Rivera fan as you can tell. The only problem is there isn't any better out there right now. Rivera is just another Gruden but is respected more.

I think we should be ready for the same next year. I hope not.
oldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:41 PM   #35
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
I agree with those of you that think we need a quarterback. It should be the number one priority. Heinicke isn't it and neither is Allen. I would hate to see the WFT trade for Wilson. Yes, he is better than anything here now, but he is declining and will not be productive much longer. If Seattle is willing to trade him, he is done or almost done as a player. Watson would be better but will be costly. Pay it!

I often see posters wishing that we still had Cousins. You need to understand that Cousins was not going to stay here, no matter what. He went to the University of Minnesota, his and his wife's families are in Minnesota, he indicated that he wanted to be drafted by Minnesota before that year's NFL draft and the Vikings were always cautiously indicating that they wanted him. In that Gruden is right, Washington should have gotten a lot more for him. The only reason he was here for the length of time was because of the Franchise Tag.

From what I have read, the draft doesn't have any real outstanding quarterbacks in it so the outlook for next year's Quarterback is not good.

I hope the WFT renews Sherff. He has been a solid player since he came. Samuel's was a bust signing. He was injured before he signed and stayed injured for most of the season. When he did play, he was useless IMO.

I would love to see Rivera gone but that won't happen this year. I am hoping for next year. I have never been a Rivera fan as you can tell. The only problem is there isn't any better out there right now. Rivera is just another Gruden but is respected more.

Dear Old fan,

I respectfully disagree on Wilson's skills declining, just look at what he did yesterday. Wilson is a competitor and is in great shape, he's not like the others, I say he probably has another 5 productive years. However I would not give more than our 1st and Payne for him.

I view Pickett, Corral and Howell at the same level, any of them will be a crapshoot maybe it will pan out. I agree on resigning Scherff and also Settle who I think is better than Payne.

We need an ILB badly and a solid safety to complement Curl, Collins is too expensive and limited as a S.

If Rivera doesn't have a better year next year, I would clean house by firing him and his cronies rehire Kyle Smith and have him hire Kevin O'Connell.

Hail Old Fan!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-10-2022, 10:01 PM   #36
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post

- Cousins went to Michigan State. But otherwise I agree with you. As do the majority of Vikings fans.

- Completely agree with you on paying whatever it takes for a QB. But ... I disagree with you on Wilson. This day and age, QB's play well into their late-30's early-40's (those QB's not named Tom Brady). Wilson is 33. 5- 7 more seasons with Wilson, who, despite his size and penchant for scrambling, missed his first starts in his career this year, and that was only 3 games. If Russell Wilson will listen, you go hard for him.

- Disagree on Sherf -- unless he gets reasonable on price. Otherwise, he's waaaaay to expensive for a guard.

- I don't know what to make of Rivera. I have never been excited by him, but he does seem to have the respect of his players, and that is something that can not be under sold. I would rather continue to give him time, than turn into Miami, burning through coaches every 2 years, trying to "find the perfect guy".

Should be an interesting off season.

Next year NEEDS to be a winning one.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:03 PM   #37
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
We have a true gm in Martin Mayhew.

And if Mayhew, Wright and Rivera can't choose their own qb over Snyder then the franchise qb thing will never have one.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Sorry, I don’t consider any GM in a “coach-centric” arrangement to be a true GM. This is where Snyder’s management has really failed (Vinny, Bruce, Scott, Shanahan’s deal, JG 2.0). RR says personnel is collaborative and disagreements are taken to Snyder.
Old 01-10-2022, 11:09 PM   #38
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I’d give 2 ones right now for Wilson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2022, 11:26 PM   #39
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I’d give 2 ones right now for Wilson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would do this years number one and Payne but they wouldn’t
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 11:30 PM   #40
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I would do this years number one and Payne but they wouldn’t
Throw in a 4th

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-10-2022, 11:31 PM   #41
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Who do we draft at QB ? Desmond Ridder, Kenny Pickett, Matt Coral( my personal favorite) or Malik Willis ? We will end up drafting one of these QBs.
Old 01-10-2022, 11:38 PM   #42
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Who do we draft at QB ? Desmond Ridder, Kenny Pickett, Matt Coral( my personal favorite) or Malik Willis ? We will end up drafting one of these QBs.
Don't forget Howell, he might be the best of the bunch.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-10-2022, 11:53 PM   #43
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Stetson Bennett, kids got heart!!

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-11-2022, 12:04 AM   #44
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfredskin View Post
stetson bennett, kids got heart!!
go dawgs!!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:12 AM   #45
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
go dawgs!!!
Loved to see Alabama get beaten soundly. If Lewis Cine declares for the draft, I draft his ass.

Purveyor of fine Filth