Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

RIP Dwayne Haskins

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-10-2022, 08:20 PM   #46
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: RIP Dwayne Haskins

I can't even imagine what his family is going through. It must be total shock. I still can't believe he died the way he did. Just so sad.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-10-2022, 09:33 PM   #47
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Just a complete asshole. Fuck him
I also wonder what people he has around him that thought it would be a good idea to stick a 90 year old in front of a mic to tell people what he thought about Haskins dying. I don't care how sentient any 90 year old is, I have a hard time believing they're all still there at that age.

Just saying Haskins dying feels weird. 24 years old. He literally was just a kid. Shame.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:01 AM   #48
MTK
\m/

Really have no idea what Shefter and Brandt were thinking. A young man just tragically lost his life and these morons show zero respect. His family and friends are hurting, have some common fucking decency. What's wrong with people?
Old 04-11-2022, 09:43 AM   #49
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Really have no idea what Shefter and Brandt were thinking. A young man just tragically lost his life and these morons show zero respect. His family and friends are hurting, have some common fucking decency. What's wrong with people?
People with a platform need to be especially careful. Even we should probably be careful and most of you are but I'm more willing to put my foot in my mouth.

Haskins made a lot of questionable decisions in his life. This was the final one. Those of us who are parents get this - you stop the car and your kid goes to get out - what's the first thing you do. Yell at them to wait and make sure nobody is coming because this is exactly what can happen.

I don't care if he was walking across the highway, or alongside it, or had just gotten out. Getting out of your car on a highway is a very, very bad idea. Unless you can pull 10 feet off and safely exit from the car with room to spare. Even then.

Shit happens and maybe his car failed or ran out of gas or whatever. Call roadside assistance, don't get out on the edge of the highway shoulder.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:12 AM   #50
MTK
\m/

Getting out of your car on a highway is extremely dangerous, no doubt. The time to second guess will come once we know more information.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:30 AM   #51
SunnySide
Playmaker

Rest In Peace Dwayne. Hope your family finds peace. He had a great natural smile.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:33 AM   #52
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Thought I would drop this here too since we're talking about the unexpected and tragic loss of life.

Remember - life is a gift, and you never know when your number is going to be up. Also, please recognize that there are people, maybe someone close to you, who may be fighting demons - and it might not be all that apparent.

I challenge all of you to check in on your brothers and sisters - especially those whom you haven't talked with in a while. I just learned last night that a friend of mine, father of two boys (14 / 16) took his own life. I haven't really spoken much to him since about November. Our boys hung out, we would do happy hour in the back yard on occasion before we moved across town. I wish I had checked in on him more often. He was one of those dudes who you would NEVER expect to do such a thing. Seemingly had everything together, wonderful family, job, etc.

You just never know. Check in on your peeps...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:50 AM   #53
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ma...Z2J?li=BBnbfcL

I'm still gonna wait to draw a conclusion, but I think we're all in agreement walking on or next to the highway is a very dangerous game to play. He paid the price for it. Hope it wasn't intentional.

+1 Chief, normalize reaching out to your friends and loved ones just to check in. It doesn't hurt.
Old 04-11-2022, 12:30 PM   #54
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Thought I would drop this here too since we're talking about the unexpected and tragic loss of life.

Remember - life is a gift, and you never know when your number is going to be up. Also, please recognize that there are people, maybe someone close to you, who may be fighting demons - and it might not be all that apparent.

I challenge all of you to check in on your brothers and sisters - especially those whom you haven't talked with in a while. I just learned last night that a friend of mine, father of two boys (14 / 16) took his own life. I haven't really spoken much to him since about November. Our boys hung out, we would do happy hour in the back yard on occasion before we moved across town. I wish I had checked in on him more often. He was one of those dudes who you would NEVER expect to do such a thing. Seemingly had everything together, wonderful family, job, etc.

You just never know. Check in on your peeps...
Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead. After that my own rule is to let everything alone.

-- from Great Gatsby.

Saw the Redford version Friday night and your post reminded me of this quote from the movie that had me thinking afterwards.
Old 04-11-2022, 02:16 PM   #55
MTK
\m/

@bepryor
When you think of Dwayne Haskins, think about his smile. Think of the positive impact he wanted to have on the people around him.

Our tribute from SportsCenter this weekend
Old 04-11-2022, 03:25 PM   #56
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Schefter’s initial, since-deleted tweet read: “Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning when he got hit by a car in South Florida, per his agent Cedric Saunders. Haskins would have turned 25 years old on May 3.”

--------------------

I thought Schefter's tweet was fine. Hes a reporter and people reading his news might not know who Dwayne Haskins is.

Seems harsh to us bc we know who Haskins is and are football fans so it seems like info he didnt need to put in there but probably important context to someone who didnt know who Haskins is.

Cardale Jones tweet can include personals like "son, brother, husband, Buckeye brother etc .."

Schefter is a reporter and he sent out a news report type tweet.

Brandt's on air comments were insensitive. Guessing about his personal life and choices etc things Brandt doesnt know anything about.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:31 PM   #57
MTK
\m/

Is it really necessary to point out his struggles though? Just say ex Washington/Steeler QB. That's all that was needed.

Gil Brandt's comments though were way out of line and uncalled for.
Old 04-11-2022, 04:37 PM   #58
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Is it really necessary to point out his struggles though? Just say ex Washington/Steeler QB. That's all that was needed.

Gil Brandt's comments though were way out of line and uncalled for.
agree, easily could have said former starter at washington and now backup qb at pitt.
Old 04-11-2022, 05:53 PM   #59
skinsfan69
Living Legend

What I remember most was the time he took that selfie w/ those kids when it was the end of the game. He got killed for it but I loved it. He got caught up in the moment a bit and went over to those kids and took that picture. The look on those kids faces was priceless. I personally just loved it. Thought the media made way too big a deal out of it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 09:39 PM   #60
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What I remember most was the time he took that selfie w/ those kids when it was the end of the game. He got killed for it but I loved it. He got caught up in the moment a bit and went over to those kids and took that picture. The look on those kids faces was priceless. I personally just loved it. Thought the media made way too big a deal out of it.
A lot of people did, not just media. Seems pretty small now doesn't it?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote