Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Pats Pregame Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2019, 10:28 PM   #46
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 2,124
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
he does, he was laughing and all jokes before the game Sunday
One of two things will happen:

1. The Skins show a surprising amount of mettle, and make it closer than expected but lose -- something like 26-19. People start to think maybe they're not as terrible as they are -- until the Dolphins beat them 27-6 the following week.

2. The get slaughtered -- I mean 52-6 slaughtered.

My bet is #2.

I see Indian-Brave (who I am sure is neither) has the Skins winning 34-21. Right. We couldn't score more than 3 against the Giants, but we'll hit an order of magnitude higher against NE. Right. That's as likely as our D holding the Pats to 21. Right.
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2019, 11:51 PM   #47
VTSkins1961
Special Teams
 
VTSkins1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 236
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

Game will be over before half time.....
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:14 AM   #48
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,189
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

We can't have crazy man being right. Go Patriots! Win by 50.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:40 AM   #49
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,212
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

The only thing that matters is will Jay and Manusky get fired after this game or not.

I actually am not really sure what would be best for the team anymore:

I want Jay and Manusky gone, but Bruce Allen won't get fired in season, and what if starting a new HC now gives him a reason to stay. Like "we've made a big change, let's see how it works like that"...
Versus waiting the end of the season and going for a complete swipe (Jay+Manusky+BA).

Maybe there should be no connection between these 2 decisions, but I feel like with DS there kinda would...
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:59 AM   #50
mooby
Living Legend
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 15,676
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

I feel as confident as anything that we are going to lose and Jay and/or Manusky is going to be fired before Miami just so whoever is his temp. replacement will get an easy opponent to prepare for.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:06 AM   #51
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,189
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
The only thing that matters is will Jay and Manusky get fired after this game or not.

I actually am not really sure what would be best for the team anymore:

I want Jay and Manusky gone, but Bruce Allen won't get fired in season, and what if starting a new HC now gives him a reason to stay. Like "we've made a big change, let's see how it works like that"...
Versus waiting the end of the season and going for a complete swipe (Jay+Manusky+BA).

Maybe there should be no connection between these 2 decisions, but I feel like with DS there kinda would...
Doesn't matter what we do this year. It won't be the right decision. Plight of having Dan Loser, Smithers, Gruden, and Manusky making choices for the team.

You poor bastard, you could've picked any team across the pond, and no one would argue it. And you picked us. Glad you did for selfish reasons, you're a gold star member at Warpath. But damn, you deserve better!!!
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:18 AM   #52
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,212
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Doesn't matter what we do this year. It won't be the right decision. Plight of having Dan Loser, Smithers, Gruden, and Manusky making choices for the team.



You poor bastard, you could've picked any team across the pond, and no one would argue it. And you picked us. Glad you did for selfish reasons, you're a gold star member at Warpath. But damn, you deserve better!!!
Haha as I said to the many people that asked "why" last year at FedEx: you don't pick who you fall in love with !

(And sometimes that bitch will stomp your heart to pieces but what are you gonna do?)

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:25 AM   #53
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,189
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Haha as I said to the many people that asked "why" last year at FedEx: you don't pick who you fall in love with !

(And sometimes that bitch will stomp your heart to pieces but what are you gonna do?)

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Lol. Yep, I get it. I'm from California, never even been to D.C. But for whatever reason, when I was 7 or 8 I loved Gary Clark, and therefore the Redskins.

And I still love the team. I couldn't root for another team in any seriousness if I tried.

We have amazing fans. Its actually the only positive thing you can say about this franchise right now.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:16 AM   #54
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,212
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Lol. Yep, I get it. I'm from California, never even been to D.C. But for whatever reason, when I was 7 or 8 I loved Gary Clark, and therefore the Redskins.

And I still love the team. I couldn't root for another team in any seriousness if I tried.

We have amazing fans. Its actually the only positive thing you can say about this franchise right now.
See, being from California you could be cheering for a SB team and yet here you are with the rest of us suffering for no apparent reason. HTTR man !
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:22 AM   #55
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,400
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
This is the one time that I think he might actually have some merit to what he said lol. While I do believe gruden is a clueless clown and really doesn't know who will start (based on this week's practice), I do also believe he already has chosen Colt and this is just an easy opportunity to try and gain a competitive edge (not that it will work, at all).
You really think it matters if the Patriots can't specifically plan for Keenum, McCoy or Haskins?

Belichick could prepare for none of the above, just wing it on Sunday and outsmart all of the Redskin coaches.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:37 AM   #56
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,146
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
You really think it matters if the Patriots can't specifically plan for Keenum, McCoy or Haskins?



Belichick could prepare for none of the above, just wing it on Sunday and outsmart all of the Redskin coaches.
They are planning for all those plus Tress Way.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:47 AM   #57
kct1975
The Starter
 
kct1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,534
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

My final score prediction...

NE Patriots 49
Washington Redskins 3

And I think that the Redskins get the Field Goal in Garbage Time close to the end of the game when the Patriots finally have all of their Backups in the game.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
__________________
KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
kct1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:24 AM   #58
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 17,469
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

From Keim Thursday

Jay Gruden did not name a starting QB. Wants to see how McCoy and Keenum respond after a day of work. When we were at the field McCoy was the first QB in some of the drills.


If McCoy runs the swinging gate play i am outta here.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:37 AM   #59
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 2,124
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
From Keim Thursday

Jay Gruden did not name a starting QB. Wants to see how McCoy and Keenum respond after a day of work. When we were at the field McCoy was the first QB in some of the drills.


If McCoy runs the swinging gate play i am outta here.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
So Haskins not in the mix at all here. Of course.
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:15 AM   #60
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 13,702
Re: Pats Pregame Thread

I don't think Haskins suits up on Sun. Look around the league, so below average QB's that are either 2nd string or even playing. Had Colt not got hurt Haskins would be 3rd string, behind Colt and Case. Two guys who define journeymen. Jay and the rest of the staff obviously see him everyday and we don't. Honestly the signs so far are not good.

I go back to 2012 when both RG3 and Cousins were drafted. Shanahan kept Grossman around and he was 3rd string. Not 2nd but 3rd. Either Jay and his staff suck at developing and putting in simple stuff for him, or he just can't run the offense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.13063 seconds with 10 queries