Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2019, 08:03 PM   #46
SolidSnake84
Playmaker
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,591
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Is there any chance that Bill Callahan becomes the HC next year? Say if he were to somehow get the team to finish "respectable" at 7-9 or 8-8?

Does anyone know if Callahan even has interest in being the HC next season?
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2019, 08:19 PM   #47
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,144
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Is there any chance that Bill Callahan becomes the HC next year? Say if he were to somehow get the team to finish "respectable" at 7-9 or 8-8?



Does anyone know if Callahan even has interest in being the HC next season?
There is a fair shot if for no other reason than the Manusky situation from last off season; nobody else wants to come here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:50 PM   #48
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,485
Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Is there any chance that Bill Callahan becomes the HC next year? Say if he were to somehow get the team to finish "respectable" at 7-9 or 8-8?



Does anyone know if Callahan even has interest in being the HC next season?


Indian Brave is that you? 7-9. 8-8? That is not ever happening.
Like D- Young said. There is a good chance nobody wants to come here and it is his by default. If he finishes 7-9 or 8-8 with this team not only make him the HC, put him in the ring of honor. Shit put him in the Hall of fuckin Fame.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:11 PM   #49
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,529
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well it is that time again, although this turn seemed a bit overdue. Gruden was terrible at calling plays, and terrible at selecting his staff. He failed miserably at selecting a DC. He was horrible at halftime adjustments. So imo he was the wrong guy, up against Dan and Bruce or not. Who will the next guy be? Who donyou want it to be? I cant stop thinking Urban Meyer. He isnít currently coaching and Haskins and McLaurin are a draw for him.
Does it even matter though? Will DS and BA say all the right things about team control and than pull their strings from yachts and luxury boxes? Will the new HC have the insight to let DS know BA has to go?
I'm betting someone from Ohio State, who was the QB coach there when Haskins was there?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:16 PM   #50
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 13,676
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

If Haskins is a project, which by all means it looks like he is, then it was a bad pick. On a bad team you need that #15 pick to be playing. Instead he's playing behind a couple of cast offs who may be out of the league this time next year. Callahan today seemed like he wan't in a rush to play him and said he wasn't playing him against a pathetic football team that's tanking.

This one is on Dan if it doesn't work out. And he will take no responsibility for it if it doesn't.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:34 PM   #51
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,485
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I'm betting someone from Ohio State, who was the QB coach there when Haskins was there?


Hmmm. Didnít think about him. Went right to Urban, of course. Has some NFL experience too.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:44 PM   #52
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,485
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If Haskins is a project, which by all means it looks like he is, then it was a bad pick. On a bad team you need that #15 pick to be playing. Instead he's playing behind a couple of cast offs who may be out of the league this time next year. Callahan today seemed like he wan't in a rush to play him and said he wasn't playing him against a pathetic football team that's tanking.



This one is on Dan if it doesn't work out. And he will take no responsibility for it if it doesn't.


Dan is the type of squirmy little piece of shit that will be a laughing stock for years and years and just constantly fire and blame others, than if fortunes ever turn he will be front and center taking all the credit.
Maybe he will get caught doing something illegal or racist and be forced to sell the team.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:56 PM   #53
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,794
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Relax on the Haskins bust talk. No one is performing well outside of Tress Way and two good games from McLaurin. Thereís no realistic opportunity for success for our QBs this year.
TEs and RBs have virtually no production outside of CT junk yards. OLine is a mess right now with Scherff playing poorly because of injuries. Penn looks like he is starting to breakdown. Jay had no intention of playing Haskins and didnít do anything to invest in his development. Iím not grading Haskins on anything that goes on the rest of the year. This isnít a good situation to be in. OConnell isnít McVay.

With that said, Dwayne needs snaps! Get the kid on a plan and roll him out week 9 when things settle for a few weeks.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:08 PM   #54
Defensewins
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,562
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

If there is one thing that interests me is not seeing Grudenís predictable shit play calling and offense. Maybe see some I formation, maybe a FB. Not go immediately to three WRís all the time. Be less predictable. Run the ball, be balanced. Play action.
Defensewins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:35 AM   #55
Warthog
Special Teams
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 465
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
If there is one thing that interests me is not seeing Grudenís predictable shit play calling and offense. Maybe see some I formation, maybe a FB. Not go immediately to three WRís all the time. Be less predictable. Run the ball, be balanced. Play action.


I agree. Jayís play calling was extremely predictable and the poor offensive stats show it. Iím really interested to see if OíConnell has any juice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:01 AM   #56
Warthog
Special Teams
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 465
Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

My question is this: with BA and Snyder still running the show and their horrible record - what serious NFL HC (outside the organization) would come here?

Just a guy who wants to make $5 mill a year for five years and knowing he will have a piss poor win/loss record at the end to show for it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 10-08-2019 at 04:10 AM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:21 AM   #57
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,154
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan said heís not ready to start rookie QB Dwayne Haskins. Said Wants him to continue building his game. Decision for Miami and time being is either Case Keenum or Colt McCoy.
More money in my wallet. What a waste of a football season.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:25 AM   #58
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,144
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
My question is this: with BA and Snyder still running the show and their horrible record - what serious NFL HC (outside the organization) would come here?

Just a guy who wants to make $5 mill a year for five years and knowing he will have a piss poor win/loss record at the end to show for it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gregg (extra G is for genius) and Bowles.

Both have a history with the team which is important to Dan. Retreads.

Both aren't getting HC jobs anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #59
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,627
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

SVP nailed it last night on his one big thing segment, look it up if you haven't seen it yet.

20 years of this garbage, nothing is changing, the Skins are who they are.

I stopped investing much emotionally a few years ago, I used to watch every single snap, now if they fall behind I turn it off or turn to a better game. Or if better plans come up I'll record the game and go back and watch it after (which I rarely do since they're just not worth watching most of the time). Haven't bought any Skins merch in at least 2 years either. At this point I look forward to the Mets season much more than the Skins.

Sucks but it is what it is. Snyder has wrecked this team.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:35 AM   #60
gibbsrcnfan
Camp Scrub
 
gibbsrcnfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 48
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
SVP nailed it last night on his one big thing segment, look it up if you haven't seen it yet.

20 years of this garbage, nothing is changing, the Skins are who they are.

I stopped investing much emotionally a few years ago, I used to watch every single snap, now if they fall behind I turn it off or turn to a better game. Or if better plans come up I'll record the game and go back and watch it after (which I rarely do since they're just not worth watching most of the time). Haven't bought any Skins merch in at least 2 years either. At this point I look forward to the Mets season much more than the Skins.

Sucks but it is what it is. Snyder has wrecked this team.
I saw it too and couldn't agree more ..ive been long gone Ö

truly a travesty
__________________
We Have Quarantine Virus . Holding On Past Glory
Doesn't Guarantee Future Success...Can't drive something that sparks and sputters then blows up.
Dan & Bruce in 2020 .. To remove themselves
gibbsrcnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.14877 seconds with 10 queries