Best win in a long time against all odds post game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-08-2020, 09:03 AM   #91
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Stopped the streak!! Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Steelers Twitter all upset that the league made them play in a short week lol get outta here
RG3 and the Ravens second and third team AND PRACTICE SQUAD players nearly beat them ON EXTRA REST last week. They can't use that excuse, their luck has just run out.

The Ravens were missing 17 players, mostly starters, and promoted 10 practice squad guys for that game.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...-face-steelers

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2020, 09:12 AM   #92
MTK
\m/

Re: Best win in a long time against all odds post game thread

Don't want to hear any excuses from the Steelers side. They blew a 14-0 lead and we lost Gibson right off the bat.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:27 AM   #93
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Great win. Nice to see another team snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I have never seen an offense so afraid to run the ball when up by 14 as the Steelers were. My favorite part was the emergence of Cam Sims. We now have two WRs.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:28 AM   #94
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Fuck yes!
Hopkins
Sweat
Young
McKissic
Thomas
Cam the man Sims
Monday night. Undefeated team. Their house. Down 14-0. Lose one of our best playmakers. Countless bad calls. Countless near turnovers including that shit show by Sprinkle. Everything said loss. The heart of this fuckin team said no. Not tonight!
Game balls all around. Smith looked rattled at times, but he dropped some dimes too, and got them in the right plays based on his read of Pitts D, so I'd add him to this list.

WFT is 9-5 with Smith under center. Pretty nice considering the roster in 2018.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:32 AM   #95
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Still have some things to clean up - missed tackles, penalties, and spotting the opponent two or more scores.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:33 AM   #96
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Game balls all around. Smith looked rattled at times, but he dropped some dimes too, and got them in the right plays based on his read of Pitts D, so I'd add him to this list.

WFT is 9-5 with Smith under center. Pretty nice considering the roster in 2018.
Didn't seem to be bothered much to me. He faced a really fierce pass rush all night and didn't make any mistakes resulting in turnovers. Looked poised to me.

Haskins would have had at least 5 turnovers against this defense.

And he was the only one who wasn't worried about his blood-soaked leg.

Old 12-08-2020, 09:38 AM   #97
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Ron has changed this team’s attitude into winners, the team is believing. I can see them winning the rest of their games barring injury, covid infections and playing with a sense of urgency. We need Gibson back and would love to activate AGG, let’s see what that kid has, I know he can play and produce.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:40 AM   #98
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Didn't seem to be bothered much to me. He faced a really fierce pass rush all night and didn't make any mistakes resulting in turnovers. Looked poised to me.

Haskins would have had at least 5 turnovers against this defense.

And he was the only one who wasn't worried about his blood-soaked leg.

No, he was great - held on to the ball when being pressured, didn't make any mistakes...that was my main point and why he also gets a game ball. But just watch highlights of him in the pocket this year compared to him in the pocket in 2018. He doesn't have the same presence/confidence. There's a big ass reason for that, obviously. Maybe he'll work through that as the season winds down, or it could just be the new normal for him.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:58 AM   #99
SunnySide
Playmaker

I thought Alex Smith looked scared for the first time since coming back from injury. Early on he got sacked with the LB flying up the middle and got hit real hard when he scrambled and dumped the ball off late. A couple of times after that he was dumping the ball off for no gain on 3rd and 9 when he had time. He also seemed to hesitate on some quick hit plays, there was a goal line play in particular where he had Steve Sims on a quick hit but just didnt throw it then the window collapsed.

4/17 on 3rd down conversions. The stat entering the 4th quarter was something like we averaged 10 yards needed on 3rd down conversions.

45 total rushing yards on 21 attempts

9 accepted penalties, I think twice we had back to back pre snap penalties to start a drive. A real dumb block in the back on a punt return.

Dontrelle Inman slow off the snap and not getting the block at the point of attack on that 4th and 1 play.

Roethlisberger should consider retiring.

I can appreciate that our DL was coached to play the quick pass but yet another game with 0 sacks and just 2 QB hits/pressures.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:04 AM   #100
MTK
\m/

For a good laugh check out Joe Banner's Twitter page. Dude is salty AF when it comes to the WFT. He was the genius that after the season opener said

Quote:
By the end of the season the Washington team will have proven that the Eagles yesterday lost to one of the worst teams in football
Yeah, that didn't age well. And he's currently making excuses for the game last night.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:04 AM   #101
irish
Playmaker

The play of the game was when Alex Smith ran off the field with the ball just before halftime. If he doesn't do that WFT doesn't get that kick off because the clock runs out. WFT was dead in the water at that point and getting those 3 points gave them life and hope for the second half. If they go into halftime down 14-0 they don't win.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:11 AM   #102
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
The play of the game was when Alex Smith ran off the field with the ball just before halftime. If he doesn't do that WFT doesn't get that kick off because the clock runs out. WFT was dead in the water at that point and getting those 3 points gave them life and hope for the second half. If they go into halftime down 14-0 they don't win.
I don't know about that.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:13 AM   #103
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I thought Alex Smith looked scared for the first time since coming back from injury. Early on he got sacked with the LB flying up the middle and got hit real hard when he scrambled and dumped the ball off late. A couple of times after that he was dumping the ball off for no gain on 3rd and 9 when he had time. He also seemed to hesitate on some quick hit plays, there was a goal line play in particular where he had Steve Sims on a quick hit but just didnt throw it then the window collapsed.

4/17 on 3rd down conversions. The stat entering the 4th quarter was something like we averaged 10 yards needed on 3rd down conversions.

45 total rushing yards on 21 attempts

9 accepted penalties, I think twice we had back to back pre snap penalties to start a drive. A real dumb block in the back on a punt return.

Dontrelle Inman slow off the snap and not getting the block at the point of attack on that 4th and 1 play.

Roethlisberger should consider retiring.

I can appreciate that our DL was coached to play the quick pass but yet another game with 0 sacks and just 2 QB hits/pressures.
They didn’t need to sack him, 7 batted balls and like 5-6 TFL plays that’s equal to sacks.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:16 AM   #104
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
They didn’t need to sack him, 7 batted balls and like 5-6 TFL plays that’s equal to sacks.
Yeah still some big plays, and a huge impact the front four had. We just have to get used to the fact that QBs are going to be trying to get the ball out quick against this D. They have to. That translates into less sacks, but as you can see from last night, that doesn't mean no big plays.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:17 AM   #105
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Logan Thomas, what a game.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote