Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Forgetting the Titans and Doctson Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2018, 10:46 PM   #31
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Forgetting the Titans and Doctson Post Game Thread

Idk how anyone can draw conclusions on that Doc play. There's only a few people that know what was supposed to happen on that play, and the one responsible for the call put out the official word that it was on JJ.

Did Doctson quit on the route? Idk.
Did JJ have a miscommunication and throw to the wrong spot? Idk.
Did Gruden lie and put it on JJ to cover for Doctson quitting on the play? Idk.
Did Doctson slow up to run an out route then did a WTF? when he saw where the ball went? Possibly.

Either way, it was the deciding play. And it sucked. But after shutting down the Titans all game, Gabbert and Henry ate us up on the last drive. Our fourth string qb did enough to win, if we had held them on that drive we could be talking about a different result. And I've seen enough out of Manusky to know it's not a one-week occurrence either, our D is as inconsistent as its' ever been. They don't have an injury excuse either.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2018, 10:48 PM   #32
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Tired of his bullshit.
Man, I swear we're so 50/50 on Swearinger week to week. The problem with him being a talker is that he's gonna talk regardless. If you're gonna have him on your team you have to be willing to put up with him talking to the media.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:12 AM   #33
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fuck Dan Snyder. Fuck Bruce Allen. Fuck Jay Gruden. Fuck Greg Manusky. Fuck Josh Doctson. Fuck about 80 % of the entire team actually.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 07:39 AM   #34
MTK
\m/

Re: Titans Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Why was there no extra point on the last TD? The spread was about 10 points

They changed that rule you don’t have to kick it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2018, 07:57 AM   #35
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Fuck Dan Snyder. Fuck Bruce Allen. Fuck Jay Gruden. Fuck Greg Manusky. Fuck Josh Doctson. Fuck about 80 % of the entire team actually.
No argument here. For the record that was Blaine Gabbert's highest rated, 123.7 game of his career. How you let that guy beat you is beyond me.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #36
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Crowder will be a free agent.... he is gone
Whether #80 re-signs or not the Redskins should be scouting slot WRs already....Crowder was hurt for most of the season....hell they can put Paul Richardson in the slot..
Old 12-23-2018, 08:15 AM   #37
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Man, I swear we're so 50/50 on Swearinger week to week. The problem with him being a talker is that he's gonna talk regardless. If you're gonna have him on your team you have to be willing to put up with him talking to the media.

Becoming clear why he’s bounced around the league a bit.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:21 AM   #38
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Payne and Allen had a great game....the defense limited Henry. I'm still thinking about Swearinger's post game comments....was Manusky wrong for calling man coverage instead of zone? This has been the most frustrating season ever...to start off so well and then crumble like we did....reminds me of 2008....
Old 12-23-2018, 08:38 AM   #39
EdmundDorf
The Starter

While I would be the last to defend Manusky, I think that Swearinger needs to shut up while so many tackles are being missed.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:42 AM   #40
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyne8r View Post
Say what you will about the coaching, players, schemes, etc. it was an entertaining game. With our team's situation at this point in the season all I could ever hope for was for us to just be competitive and be in it until the end. One of the few games this year I stuck around for all four quarters.

I broke my damn tv after that second Johnson interception.....fortunately it's watchable enough until I get a replacement....this team was doomed as soon as they went below .500. To go from 6-3 with a 2 game division lead to where they are now iritates the fuck out of me....I commend Jay Gruden for coaching a broken team for a 2nd straight year....but from what I've observed since the Texans game the defense was the main reason for the team's collapse....they are currently ranked 17th in the NFL....but that's a far cry from where they were after the team was 5-2....

Manusky needs to evaluate what he does after each game...because most of the problem is the play calling....
Old 12-23-2018, 09:38 AM   #41
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I broke my damn tv after that second Johnson interception.....fortunately it's watchable enough until I get a replacement....this team was doomed as soon as they went below .500. To go from 6-3 with a 2 game division lead to where they are now iritates the fuck out of me....I commend Jay Gruden for coaching a broken team for a 2nd straight year....but from what I've observed since the Texans game the defense was the main reason for the team's collapse....they are currently ranked 17th in the NFL....but that's a far cry from where they were after the team was 5-2....

Manusky needs to evaluate what he does after each game...because most of the problem is the play calling....
I share your frustration. Years and years of disappointment as a fan have lowered my expectations greatly and I too have been tempted to destroy my TV on multiple occassions LOL. But I've learned to adapt and find a distraction elsewhere to get my mind off yet another f'd up year. Just hope to see a true turnaround before I take a dirt nap.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:51 AM   #42
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
While I would be the last to defend Manusky, I think that Swearinger needs to shut up while so many tackles are being missed.
Totally agree, this should stay in house but it certainly defines further what appears to be a divided locker room and doesnt speak well of Manusky's ability to run the D.

Last edited by Dlyne8r; 12-23-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Dlyne8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:29 AM   #43
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I have had some time to calm down and have come to this conclusion. Fuck Dan Snyder still. Fuck Bruce Allen still. Fuck Jay Gruden still. Fuck Manusky still. Fuck Doctson still. And actually, fuck about 90% of this team. We let Blaine fucking Gabbert end our season. That is enough to possibly ruin football forever for me. As if im not basically already there.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #44
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I have had some time to calm down and have come to this conclusion. Fuck Dan Snyder still. Fuck Bruce Allen still. Fuck Jay Gruden still. Fuck Manusky still. Fuck Doctson still. And actually, fuck about 90% of this team. We let Blaine fucking Gabbert end our season. That is enough to possibly ruin football forever for me. As if im not basically already there.
That was Gabbert's highest QB rating ever.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #45
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Titans Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyne8r View Post
I share your frustration. Years and years of disappointment as a fan have lowered my expectations greatly and I too have been tempted to destroy my TV on multiple occassions LOL. But I've learned to adapt and find a distraction elsewhere to get my mind off yet another f'd up year. Just hope to see a true turnaround before I take a dirt nap.

Aaaaand here we have ANOTHER blunder made by the front office. Another bad decision in a LOOOOOOONG line of Piss poor decision making.

They had the chance to get Wade Phillips to run the D before picking this clown, and let him walk. Instead our old offensive coordinator McVay (another blunder by this shit team) was smart enough to grab him. Phillips is one of the best 3-4 Coordinators in the modern era.

Our front office thought Manusky could do a better job. With the amount of talent we have Phillips would be running a top 5 easily

5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote