Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

HTTR Always

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #16
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: HTTR Always

I don't really care who starts but it would be fun to watch them combine for 25 or so carries per game. Get Scherff back, draft a stud LG, and keep feeding those 2 all season. Teams wouldn't like playing us.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #17
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I'm hoping the best news comes after Sunday's game, saying Bruce Allen was canned. This would make my season.
Yes! That would be greatly positive. Freshen up the place. Get the stench out.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #18
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Devils advocate here.

After his performance this season, why would AP be the back up?

He was awesome this year.

We don't know what DG will be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Guice was a 2nd rounder starting his second year and is the future RB. I’m sure things will playout at training xamp.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:46 AM   #19
Defensewins
Playmaker

Let rookies (Guice) prove they should start. Dont give away something that someone should earn.
AP played hard for us with a painful shoulder injury. Never complained or used it as an excuse.
Guice was a great college player. He has not proven it in NFL yet. I hope he becomes a star.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #20
MTK
\m/

It's not as if Guice is a mystery, he was here all last offseason and through a good part of camp and he was definitely looking the part. The coaches have a good idea of what he can do.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #21
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It's not as if Guice is a mystery, he was here all last offseason and through a good part of camp and he was definitely looking the part. The coaches have a good idea of what he can do.
Rest assured, Bruce will start the RB who gives us the best chance to win.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #22
Schneed10
A Dude

Yeah I'm confused by all this 'we don't know what Guice is' talk. The coaches all saw him in camp, so did his teammates, and so did the reporters. Everyone raved.

Did everyone just forget about that?
Old 12-28-2018, 11:12 AM   #23
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
And call me crazy, but I'd be excited about seeing what Colt McCoy can do with a fully healthy offense and an offseason of reps as the starter (since Alex will still be healing).
Yes you are crazy.I've always liked Colt and I think he could put up some good numbers,but he can't stay healthy,he's good for a backup and thats it,this year finally proved that to me.2 games and he's out for the season.Last time he had any significant playing time splitting with RG3 he got hurt also,and he was what 5 years younger? If he's our starter next year we will need a good backup because I dont think Colt would last past 5 games
Old 12-28-2018, 12:11 PM   #24
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
As frustrating as this year was, it's the NFL. You're never as far away as you think. What could have been if our QB didn't break his leg and we kept Brandon Scherff healthy in particular.

Let's see what happens in the offseason - if we get a new coach there's a lot of reason to believe the defense could be better under a new coach. If Jay stays and coaches Colt with Guice, there's reason to believe the offense could be surprising next season when healthy.

I think there's more of a foundation here than the despair in the air would lead you to believe.
Agreed 100%. Saturday showed we are not that far away.

Get the injured guys back, have a good off season, hopefully get a new HC, at the very least a new DC that plays this D to its full potential, hope for less injuries next season, drink a sip of kool aid and believe we have the tools to make some damage in 2019!

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2018, 12:21 PM   #25
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I don't really care who starts but it would be fun to watch them combine for 25 or so carries per game. Get Scherff back, draft a stud LG, and keep feeding those 2 all season. Teams wouldn't like playing us.

25 combined minimum. I’m thinking we might be best suited for a run first offense, like the saints the past couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #26
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeah I'm confused by all this 'we don't know what Guice is' talk. The coaches all saw him in camp, so did his teammates, and so did the reporters. Everyone raved.

Did everyone just forget about that?

I remember when they raved about Kelly and Perine too. Not knocking guice at all. But he’s never taken a regular season snap in the NFL. If AP comes back, guice has got to earn his workload.

If we keep AP, i want over 2,000 rushing yards combined between them with a fairly even split.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:25 PM   #27
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Yes you are crazy.I've always liked Colt and I think he could put up some good numbers,but he can't stay healthy,he's good for a backup and thats it,this year finally proved that to me.2 games and he's out for the season.Last time he had any significant playing time splitting with RG3 he got hurt also,and he was what 5 years younger? If he's our starter next year we will need a good backup because I dont think Colt would last past 5 games
Agree...I like colt but he can’t stay healthy.. After the last several years, im all in for getting rid off the often injured. Reed, Luavo, Colt, Doctson, even CT and it pains me to say that....

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:12 PM   #28
sandtrapjack
The Starter

The expectation of draft picks in rounds 1, 2 and even 3 is they are supposed to be starters week 1. Example DeRon Payne.....

Guice was the starting running back. Selected in round 2. If this team ends up with Peterson starting in front of Guice week 1 of 2019 season, it is just a demoralizing kick in the crotch to your scouting department and the ability to draft as a whole. If Guice is not the starter, you've wasted a second round pick.

I do not see Peterson coming back next season. With 9 draft picks in this years draft, your backup running back is not on the roster yet.

Rookies cost less than veterans.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:52 PM   #29
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
AP knows full well he would be looking at splitting carries with the young buck in the building.
I think we could see more of a 2 headed monster with those two.....if Gruden can wise up and be more creative he can find ways to have AP and Derrius both in the backfield simultaneously....the defense wouldn't be able to key on both of them...reminds me of Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson together for the Raiders back in the day.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:05 PM   #30
MTK
\m/

If I'm the Skins I'm in no rush to re-sign AP unless he's down for something like a one year $1M or $2M deal. I don't see any team out there rushing out to sign a 34 year old RB. He'll likely be in the same spot he was last year, hanging out waiting for a camp injury.