Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Sean Taylor's Performance

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-10-2004, 10:46 AM   #16
d151b
Special Teams

In all honesty, the D-line suprised me. I thought they were going to be just horrible, but they actually did a great job. I saw them do things in this game that I haven't seen from our d-line in quite some time. They were doing their job and doing it well... shooting the gap, getting pressure up the middle and off the ends. Trust me, I taped the game and went back and watched it again. As for what Quentin Griffin did, ... he will do that to every team all season long. He is built in the same mold as barry sanders and will have a similar career. I've followed him all throughout college and he's gonna be bad @ss in the pros. The guy can squat 800 lbs. He has the balance and vision....... Denver won't miss Portis all that much.
d151b is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-10-2004, 11:10 AM   #17
memphisskin
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d151b
In all honesty, the D-line suprised me. I thought they were going to be just horrible, but they actually did a great job. I saw them do things in this game that I haven't seen from our d-line in quite some time. They were doing their job and doing it well... shooting the gap, getting pressure up the middle and off the ends. Trust me, I taped the game and went back and watched it again. As for what Quentin Griffin did, ... he will do that to every team all season long. He is built in the same mold as barry sanders and will have a similar career. I've followed him all throughout college and he's gonna be bad @ss in the pros. The guy can squat 800 lbs. He has the balance and vision....... Denver won't miss Portis all that much.
I thought the d line did pretty good too. They were creating pressure on their own, and even kept Denver out of the end zone until late in the game. I like what I saw, especially out of Marcus Washington and Sean Taylor.
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:22 AM   #18
Cush
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d151b
I thought they did a good job against the pass, but they still had problems against the run
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:45 AM   #19
Bozzy
The Starter

Yeah, and put those 6's together and you get the sign of the devil! ooooooh! lol
Bozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:24 PM   #20
kingerock
Special Teams

I think having 1 week of training camp under the belt we looked great. Pass protection, front 4 collapsing the pocket on passing downs, great play from the secondary. Washington (SLB) moves so quick! Taylor was incredible. Still want to see more from the offense, but what can you expect with the 1st team in and out that fast and only 1 week of training camp. It's good to see Tim do well and know we have 3 good QBs that can play the system well. Can't wait to see this team once it's a well greased machine!
Old 08-10-2004, 12:55 PM   #21
redrock-skins
Impact Rookie

That was a fine performance by Taylor. After hearing all the side stories and "this and that" about Taylor, it was nice to see him just go out there and play well. I really don't care what he thinks about his contract. If he plays more like this, he will be rewarded even more down the road.
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:28 PM   #22
That Guy
Living Legend

imagine if taylor plays an entire game that way , he could break the int/season record easily lol. yeah yeah, preseason, 1st string went in and out quickly etc...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:35 PM   #23
RedskinPete
The Starter

Taylor is he that good?

I have to say one thing....... He looks bigger then everbody around him. Just think when he really gets what is going on he will make this look easy. We haven't seen him put on a great hit yet! I see us not remembering who Champ who was and see Tayor becoming a great Redskins and a Pro bowler! PS Winslow still is at home!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:22 PM   #24
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Taylor's second INT for the TD was an outstanding play.

His first INT was a pass that should never have been thrown and probably will not be thrown by any 1st string QBs. It was a deep pass to a man that was double covered and it was underthrown. Yes he made a good play on the ball, but if he gets another one like that this year he should be most thankful.

The D-Line still stinks.

Linebacking was very solid. Tackling was much better than last season.

Derrick Dockery is still fat and slow. He cannot bet to the corner to block for Portis because Portis would have to tie his shoe to wait for Dockery to get there. Bugel might teach him pass protection technique and drive blocking technique, but unless Bugel can put wings on his feet, this guy is LIMITED.

Rock Cartwright is a special teams player at best on a top shelf team.

Neither Brunell nor Ramsey seemed comfortable in the passing offense.

There is still LOTS of work to do.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:46 PM   #25
jasonskin
Special Teams

Cant wait to see Taylor in with the starters.
jasonskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:07 PM   #26
Riggo44
The Starter

Taylor looked great! I was glad that our D-line played ok!
Old 08-10-2004, 04:41 PM   #27
kingerock
Special Teams

[QUOTE=sportscurmudgeon]Taylor's second INT for the TD was an outstanding play.

His first INT was a pass that should never have been thrown and probably will not be thrown by any 1st string QBs. It was a deep pass to a man that was double covered and it was underthrown. Yes he made a good play on the ball, but if he gets another one like that this year he should be most thankful.
QUOTE]

I think you'll see McNabb do it, because he always does it if you go back and watch past games. Warner will make some bad reads as well under Coughlin's system which isn't a timing system but more a read and react system. Testeverde puts alot of air under his passes and that's all Taylor needs to get react and get to the ball.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:50 PM   #28
jdlea
Playmaker

The D Line did get a push I didn't much expect. They were suspect against the run and as fast as our LBs are, they were no match for the speed of Quentin Griffin. I think our defense will be fine, I'm sure there was a lot of miscommunication that comes from only having really been playing together for about a week. If they are still leaving huge holes like that in week 3, then I'll worry.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:26 PM   #29
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Has anyone read the Boswell article on washingtonpost.com?

I like how he had to kinda eat his own words on Taylor, "Seldom, if ever, has a high Redskins draft pick -- No. 5 overall, in this case -- announced his appearance so emphatically. Taylor can fire all the agents he wants if this night was an indication of his ability."

I like how Taylor just let his playing do the talking for himself. That is just cool...
Old 08-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #30
MTK
\m/

I heard a guy on espn radio today and he said Taylor definitely shut up the media with his play last night, also said that he really needed that kind of performance. The heat the media was putting on him should cool off considerably.