Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Invited a few of the Bucs Guys Over

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-11-2004, 06:56 PM   #16
jamf
Pro Bowl

galloway: what do you guys and gal think of him?

i thought he was going to be a superstar when he was drafted from THE ohio state university(redskins drafted westbrook ahead of him). he had a couple of nice years with seattle, but the injury bug ran him down.

everyone knows he has/had blinding speed, does he fit grudens system? i cant imagine him running routes across the middle.

btw, the biggest threat i see from tampa is garner. with our poor D-Line, the linebackers are going to have to over play the run and that will allow garner to get in space to make a catch. i'd expect a bunch of dump passes. hopefully we can stop that early.
jamf is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2004, 08:08 PM   #17
Big C
Mr. Brightside

i think what ran him down the most was the damn holdout he had for i cant remember how long. hes still a big play threat, but that holdout really killed his value. the cowboys def. overpaid to get him, was it 2 first rounders? i def. like the bucs trade to get him tho, i never liked meshawn.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:38 PM   #18
Bucs4Gs
Camp Scrub

Red face

Galloway won't be used to go over the middle. I think our Charles Lee and Michael Clayton will do that, maybe Brown a bit also. Galloway also didn't do well with the Coked Up Cowboy QB. Maybe that's why he's so happy to be in Tampa with Brad throwing to him? No, I expect Galloway to be heading waaaaaay upfield on his plays.
Bucs4Gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:09 PM   #19
Big C
Mr. Brightside

also florida is a nice place to live, texas is a shithole!! who wants to be a cowboy anyways!!
Old 09-11-2004, 09:14 PM   #20
EEich
The Starter

I'd rather be in TX than FL over the past (and next) few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
also florida is a nice place to live, texas is a shithole!! who wants to be a cowboy anyways!!
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:27 AM   #21
UdinG
Camp Scrub

You guys who think the Bucs D Line is a weakness are in for a big shock. They are strong at that position even without Sapp.
UdinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:28 AM   #22
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf
(redskins drafted westbrook ahead of him).
Damn, Jamf, you gave me a headache when I read that dickhead's name. :smashfrea
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 03:03 AM   #23
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdinG
You guys who think the Bucs D Line is a weakness are in for a big shock. They are strong at that position even without Sapp.
our D-line is worse than yours right now I just think our O-line will have a good shot at some containment... no one can deny your sackmaster.

if anything, i'd say A) lack of a #1 WR, and somewhat lacking talent there overall, and B) you're running game isn't top-notch... BJ isn't going to shock anyone, but he's not going to lose the game either, much like brunell...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 05:36 AM   #24
jrocx69
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
watch yourself now, i lived in plenty of places including alot of europe and texas is a great place to live. you just have to live here to find out. its no-where near what anybody thinks. anyways i am and always will be a skins fan. i even got my truck keyed last week for a skins decal, lmao
jrocx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 06:57 AM   #25
Big C
Mr. Brightside

yeah...of course its better than a lot of places...point was really about the cowboys
Old 09-12-2004, 08:28 AM   #26
GoSkins!
The Starter

Let me say that I do like the Bucs and thier coach. How can anybody not respect a guy that sends home meshaw because of the way he was breaking up the team chemistry. Now I haven't watched many of the Bucs games from last year, but the one thing that Brad seems to always have trouble with is pressing to hard when the game is tight. The guy forced throws and about 60% of the time bad things happened. With Tampas revampt D, Brad may not feel the comfort zone he had back in 2002 and may press more.
I'll be interested to see how he responds against the Skin's new high pressure D. I'm sure Gruden will game plan plenty of short drop off passes, but what if they really want to get the ball down field? I think we may see some bad balls thrown into tight coverage.
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 09:19 AM   #27
Bucs4Gs
Camp Scrub

Talking

Texas isn't so bad, half my family lives there. I had zero respect for Quincy though. I didn't follow him much since he's not in our division, but we beat him once when we had no right. You know one of those games where the defense seems to forget the word "tackle", the WR's think they're playing hot potato,etc.
Galloway still runs a 4.2, and I think he got to Dallas with 2 #1 draft picks and about $60 mil? He was slated to make over $7 mil this year there? I can't say much about how he'll do, Gruden didn't play the starters much at all because we lost a ton of guys last camp for the year and he wanted everyone healthy this year. The problem with Keenan is that he doesn't even realize that Gruden's offense doesn't really have a #1 WR or TB. It looks like it's all "by committee", and works best that way. So, the Buc fans are as much in the dark as anyone. As I said though, in camp Joey was going for the "big play" and succeeding.
Overall, we have much better depth everywhere (learned the lesson via injuries last year) and a much better ST. They brought back one of our favorites Jeff Gooch (LB) to be captain of ST, and Keith Burns (LB) another ST maniac.
As far as Florida, most of our tailgate folks have headed for our homes in western NC this week, me included! So, we're all set. It was getting to be too much like Groundhog Day.
Bucs4Gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:06 PM   #28
That Guy
Living Legend

lol, yeah, gibbs is a big ST coach too, we have a LOT more LBs and starters on coverage and blocking (last year we had DTs on the ST blocking team for chad morton, who's... uhh... REALLY fast, no good).

we're also better on depth this year, except for CB (we have depth, its a big step down though)
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:41 PM   #29
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

its game time, time to but all these arguments to rest!!!