Who will make the cut?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #61
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: Who will make the cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think it's probably more likely riht now we can get a mid to late round pick for Todd Collins, maybe even Colt.
So maybe we could package Colt with one of our young defensive tackles and get a decent (not world-beating, just decent) offensive lineman?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #62
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

I wouldn't trade Collins for a draft pick. Colt . . . . eh maybe, probably not.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:49 AM   #63
Hamoskinz
Special Teams

I hope Antonio Dixon makes the cut. He is relentless. Dominique Dorsey I thought did alright, I hope he continues to make strides in his running game to garner a second look. I'm sold on Marko Mitchell, given the opportunity, he'll make a good backup should Thomas or Kelly go down this year. Another unsung hero yesterday was Hunter the punter, he is consistent and powerful punts.

Bugel

Last edited by Hamoskinz; 08-24-2009 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Grammatical error
Hamoskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:21 AM   #64
bedlamVR
Special Teams

The problem I see is Dorsey and Mason . Rock is a safe pair of hands in the return game . Dorsey can offer more as the No3 back spelling Portis and Betts but has had issues with ball security . He showed in the Steelers game he has some skills but the edge always goes to the incumbent .

Mason doesn't play teams so he is compeating with Betts - which is never going to happen . Lets not forget Mason has been bumming around the league for a few years now and hasn't been able to break into the main rotation . He looked okay going up against dubious NFL talent but I still don't think he has done enough .

I also want to temper the Daniel hype . He is playin with a similar play book as Colt was last year . Colt is now trying to consume the real NFL offense . Colt is showing everyone that there was a very good reason he was a 6th round pick ... poor footwork, poor decisions and is proving to be uncoachable ...
bedlamVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:03 AM   #65
an23dy
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlamVR View Post
The problem I see is Dorsey and Mason . Rock is a safe pair of hands in the return game . Dorsey can offer more as the No3 back spelling Portis and Betts but has had issues with ball security . He showed in the Steelers game he has some skills but the edge always goes to the incumbent .

Mason doesn't play teams so he is compeating with Betts - which is never going to happen . Lets not forget Mason has been bumming around the league for a few years now and hasn't been able to break into the main rotation . He looked okay going up against dubious NFL talent but I still don't think he has done enough .

I also want to temper the Daniel hype . He is playin with a similar play book as Colt was last year . Colt is now trying to consume the real NFL offense . Colt is showing everyone that there was a very good reason he was a 6th round pick ... poor footwork, poor decisions and is proving to be uncoachable ...
I heard Mason say in an interview that he had been returning punts over the past few years and he was working on his kickoff return game while he had been bouncing around the league. He said he was trying to make himself more versatile in order to make teams.
an23dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:35 AM   #66
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

I think we have to cut 5.

My five are Batiste, Grant, Hackett, Jackson, and Skolnitsky. There are a few more that need to go now but I think you keep some of the o-lineman on the roster for as long as you can just to take some reps off of the regulars.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote