At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2018, 09:45 AM   #61
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
^ The missed PAT was from the usual TV angle right behind the posts. No idea what you're talking about. Can you post screenshots?
Not that it matters but the skins missed extra point they never showed the TV angle from right behind the post. I don't have a screen shot but both me and my cousin commented on it at the time. Then Dallas had the kick that was very close and some how they could show that TV shot from behind the goal. Again me and my cousin looked at each other asking where that angle was when we kick. It really doesn't matter just something I noticed.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2018, 09:47 AM   #62
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
NFL has a clear bias to the teams they want to succeed, Dallas is the #1 profit to the league and when they win games it makes for better ratings. There is no fucking way u can sit here and tell me the refs just didn't see the helmet to helmet penalty or the ridiculous holding calls on M Thomas. Yeah they won the game but the refs helped a ton.
Dallas is by far the most valuable franchise but the Skins are #5 on the list and for a long time #2. If there was a bias wouldn't it make sense to really make the rivalry between two of the most storied and valued franchises a marquee every year? I just don't buy it. If you ask me are they more likely to get a call by the refs from time to time? I won't argue but I just don't buy a league conspiracy.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:03 AM   #63
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Dallas is by far the most valuable franchise but the Skins are #5 on the list and for a long time #2. If there was a bias wouldn't it make sense to really make the rivalry between two of the most storied and valued franchises a marquee every year? I just don't buy it. If you ask me are they more likely to get a call by the refs from time to time? I won't argue but I just don't buy a league conspiracy.
Nope because the league wants us to change our name, I know I sound like a whiner and making excuses but I'm seriously questioning it all now.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:32 AM   #64
MTK
\m/

Officiating all around sucks. It's not a team specific issue. Every team thinks there's a conspiracy against them. There's not.

Sit down and watch any game this weekend. Watch it objectively and you'll see missed calls happen to everyone. Sometimes does it seem like it's unbalanced against one team? Sure. But there's no league wide conspiracy against any one team.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:02 PM   #65
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Nope because the league wants us to change our name, I know I sound like a whiner and making excuses but I'm seriously questioning it all now.
If the league wanted the name changed there are economically more viable ways then trying to alienate and drive a way the fan base of one of their most valuable teams through poor officiating and favoring their rival.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:06 PM   #66
Meks
Pro Bowl

Last night was atrocious. And after the cowgirls last two games, one against us, it's easy to see why ppl would claim bias. And I'm not opposing that view. When someone is touting better ratings I look at the bigger picture. They have been making the NFCE closer for about 3 weeks now. Include that Houston game which potentially Hopkins seals for us with a 37 or so yarder.... That shit was beyond a joke and a blatant middle finger from the league. As we're the calls/non calls last night. As for Sandjackass's argument about yards and calls - of course they wanna make the stat line look plausible when they give you the game sealing INT that hit the ground, amari Cooper's non catch and take away the Michael Thomas catch. It's not about the.numbers at all, it's about the plays in which they CHOOSE to call the way they do. You don't think the calls are opportunistic? Even a blatant hold going uncalled or hey, we should call it this time let's keep this thing close. Sure Matty, there are bad calls in every game but I'll be damned if there isn't starter in some games and some divisions by the league. The NFCE go alot tighter and the team the league wants to take it this year(possibly) is now in first and starting with that fucking Houston game.... The former 1st place team is fading fast with 3 division games left and 2 against the media lovefest first time ever SB champion eagles.... It's all .... TOO coincidental for me.... Way too much so. And it's been like that for years.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:16 PM   #67
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Last night was atrocious. And after the cowgirls last two games, one against us, it's easy to see why ppl would claim bias. And I'm not opposing that view. When someone is touting better ratings I look at the bigger picture. They have been making the NFCE closer for about 3 weeks now. Include that Houston game which potentially Hopkins seals for us with a 37 or so yarder.... That shit was beyond a joke and a blatant middle finger from the league. As we're the calls/non calls last night. As for Sandjackass's argument about yards and calls - of course they wanna make the stat line look plausible when they give you the game sealing INT that hit the ground, amari Cooper's non catch and take away the Michael Thomas catch. It's not about the.numbers at all, it's about the plays in which they CHOOSE to call the way they do. You don't think the calls are opportunistic? Even a blatant hold going uncalled or hey, we should call it this time let's keep this thing close. Sure Matty, there are bad calls in every game but I'll be damned if there isn't starter in some games and some divisions by the league. The NFCE go alot tighter and the team the league wants to take it this year(possibly) is now in first and starting with that fucking Houston game.... The former 1st place team is fading fast with 3 division games left and 2 against the media lovefest first time ever SB champion eagles.... It's all .... TOO coincidental for me.... Way too much so. And it's been like that for years.

I watch film for a living and I can tell you that after seeing last nights film myself and others feel the same way u do. I never want to say the NFL or any sports has a little "rigging" going on, nobody wants to see that or admit that is possible but after the last 2 PRIMETIME games for the #1 marketable team in the league, it sure as hell seems a little fishy. The INT was a tough overturn but the P.I on Lattimore was bullshit, if u call that but don't call the one on Doc fuck u NFL. Ratings are a HUGE factor for revenue in the NFL and oddly enough last night was the highest rated TNF game of the yr. HMM
Old 11-30-2018, 01:21 PM   #68
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
So why do you even attend and watch games? Everything is a blatant conspiracy to allow certain teams favor over the rest of the league.

Do you even comprehend the depth of conspiracy you are proposing? Literally hundreds of league officials and executives would have to be involved. And there is not one 'voice of opposition'?

I am not so much concerned about your train of thought. I'm more worried that you are also allowed to vote and drive cars.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:38 PM   #69
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
So why do you even attend and watch games? Everything is a blatant conspiracy to allow certain teams favor over the rest of the league.

Do you even comprehend the depth of conspiracy you are proposing? Literally hundreds of league officials and executives would have to be involved. And there is not one 'voice of opposition'?

I am not so much concerned about your train of thought. I'm more worried that you are also allowed to vote and drive cars.
The leagues been around long enough and plenty of the same "league officials" have been as well. I barely attend games and the upcoming game I'm attending was a gift. I already tried selling my ticket after the skins we're robbed of the Houston game. Vote and drive cars lol, has nothing to do with football nor watching people cheat in professional sports, as if that's never occurred before 😂😂. Good day sir.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 11-30-2018, 01:40 PM   #70
Meks
Pro Bowl

I watch games cuz I love the game and I love my team. I watch clinging to some narrow minded hope that we won't continues to get screwed when it counts year after year, game after game. You don't need to share my opinion or view or condescend upon it like you know everything
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 12-03-2018, 08:29 AM   #71
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Will the line judge from the steelers/chargers game be suspended for missing a blatant false start which led directly to a chargers td?

Or will they issue their weekly apology for game altering bad officiating.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:33 AM   #72
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

I think we’re at a point where an unbiased third party panel of judges should overlook the players and league, and should review plays like this. 9 judges made up of retired refs, coaches, and players. If they determine a call was missed they issue fines against the NFL. The amount of the fine would be graded on the nature of the missed call, how blatant it was, and the damages it cost the other team. If a team lost a game because of a missed call the damages could reach 1 million. If the NFL can fine a player for wearing the wrong colored socks, why can’t it go both ways??

The monies from these fines would go into a retired NFL players fund, to the team the missed call was against, or education.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #73
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
I think we’re at a point where an unbiased third party panel of judges should overlook the players and league, and should review plays like this. 9 judges made up of retired refs, coaches, and players. If they determine a call was missed they issue fines against the NFL. The amount of the fine would be graded on the nature of the missed call, how blatant it was, and the damages it cost the other team. If a team lost a game because of a missed call the damages could reach 1 million. If the NFL can fine a player for wearing the wrong colored socks, why can’t it go both ways??

The monies from these fines would go into a retired NFL players fund, to the team the missed call was against, or education.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not completely disagreeing with you, but... "If a team lost a game because of a missed call".

Scenario: 1 minute to go, team is 4 points behind
  • 1st and goal - dropped pass in the endzone, receiver was completely uncovered
  • 2nd and goal - receiver again completely uncovered, overthrown
  • 3rd and goal - RB stopped for no gain
  • 4th and goal - Field Goal missed, blatant and brutal roughing the kicker, not called
So... has the missed roughing call lost the team the game? Or was it the inability to catch or throw to a wide open receiver?
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:48 AM   #74
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Yesterday in the Chargers Steelers game there was such a blatant false start and it was on a Rivers td pass. How does a ref miss something that obvious? These bums need year around training. It has to improve. The zebras are determining the outcomes of games.

The calls and no calls against us, you just have to wonder. I mean that Texans game with the phantom PI against Norman and then the no call against Docston? How do you explain that? The flat out inconsistent nonsense. That literally cost us a win and another example of refs determining the outcome of a game.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:50 AM   #75
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Will the line judge from the steelers/chargers game be suspended for missing a blatant false start which led directly to a chargers td?

Or will they issue their weekly apology for game altering bad officiating.
Perhaps the worst no call I've ever seen. The tackle started the play like 2 seconds before everyone else... lol.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote