The Josh Johnson Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-20-2018, 01:09 PM   #61
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: The Josh Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'd be pretty surprised. Hopeful for it, but very very surprised.

The Jaguars were 6th in defensive yards per game allowed but the Titans are 7th in yards, and 2nd in points allowed. You shouldn't expect to score more than 13 points against them, which is what JJ just led us to against the Jags defense.

Except Tennessee brings a much more competent offense with a RB on a tear. They don't put up a ton of yards or points, but they also don't lose the turnover battle like the Jaguars do.

Vegas has this game at Titans -10 with a 37 point over/under. That means they see this sucker ending 23 - 13 or something like that. If the Titans don't turn it over more than we do, that will be the result.

We need to force fumbles and get picks to have a chance because our offense can't move the ball on a defense like this.
The last line is critical, when we were winning that is what we were doing. I know the RB is on a tear, but the defense can stop a one threat back, they did it often early on. And Tennessee doesn't have a ton of offensive receiving weapons. Mariota has 11 TD to 8 INT this year, he also has 9 fumbles. Our backfield can cover that type of production, and get turnovers based on our pass rush.

The only reason we lose this by more than a FG is JG doesn't have them ready for a Saturday game. Otherwise this team will win or lose in a nailbiter at the end. (that said I will be walking my dog in case it's a blowout I don't want to watch)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #62
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The last line is critical, when we were winning that is what we were doing. I know the RB is on a tear, but the defense can stop a one threat back, they did it often early on. And Tennessee doesn't have a ton of offensive receiving weapons. Mariota has 11 TD to 8 INT this year, he also has 9 fumbles. Our backfield can cover that type of production, and get turnovers based on our pass rush.

The only reason we lose this by more than a FG is JG doesn't have them ready for a Saturday game. Otherwise this team will win or lose in a nailbiter at the end. (that said I will be walking my dog in case it's a blowout I don't want to watch)
I hope you're right and it will be a Merry Christmas if you are. As they say, that's why they play the games.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #63
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Another Prime time game for Jay... what could go wrong?
Old 12-20-2018, 02:11 PM   #64
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Here's the thing, the curse is in a no-win situation this week. If it leads to us losing we don't make the playoffs and we get an even better draft pick and if we win then we have a shot to get into the playoffs so this week the curse is just playing the odds for next week when it can deal us another soul crushing 8-8 season.

Thus we win this week and next in a fashion that brings Skins nation to its feet and full of hope. Only to be dashed when KC leads the vikings over the bears next week.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:19 PM   #65
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't know if id call 430 game in Tennessee a Prime time game, more like happy hour in the sticks. My suggestion is drink up.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:12 PM   #66
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I disagree. I posted earlier, the Titans are our kind of team. We can stop a runner first team if they don't have a very good passing game compliment.

If JJ is able to play at any consistent level then Gruden can win with him. But the Titans are very much in the playoff hunt, so no slack, and this is a game that JG needs to have the Skins ready for.
I'm always one to hope for a win. But I have a really hard time seeing us winning this game.

Our offense really didn't look good against the Jags and I don't think the Titans are far behind them defensively.

So we have to hope for a great game by our D, could happen but they would really have to make Mariota look like Cody Kessler, and he's not. He's no Aaron Rodgers either but he's still way better than Kessler. And the offense around him is not what Kessler had around him either.

Now, I didn't have much more hope we could beat Jacksonville so hopefully they prove me wrong again.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2018, 03:13 PM   #67
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
If the defense hold Henry under 70 yards rushing the Redskins will win this game...Gruden has to do a good coaching job and somehow outcoach Mike Vrabel in order for the Redskins to overcome the Titans on the road...
Old 12-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #68
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I'd be pretty surprised. Hopeful for it, but very very surprised.

The Jaguars were 6th in defensive yards per game allowed but the Titans are 7th in yards, and 2nd in points allowed. You shouldn't expect to score more than 13 points against them, which is what JJ just led us to against the Jags defense.

Except Tennessee brings a much more competent offense with a RB on a tear. They don't put up a ton of yards or points, but they also don't lose the turnover battle like the Jaguars do.

Vegas has this game at Titans -10 with a 37 point over/under. That means they see this sucker ending 23 - 13 or something like that. If the Titans don't turn it over more than we do, that will be the result.

We need to force fumbles and get picks to have a chance because our offense can't move the ball on a defense like this.
Worth noting the Skins have won outright 6 games as a dog this year.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #69
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Worth noting the Skins have won outright 6 games as a dog this year.
Were we 10 point dogs in any of them?
Old 12-20-2018, 06:44 PM   #70
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Were we 10 point dogs in any of them?

I don’t know but they were getting 7.5 last week which definitely seems ridiculous now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #71
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I’ll say this...Josh Johnson has been extremely solid. Colt shouldn’t play this week, josh earned the start over colt.

Josh Johnson play solidified the move over anybody else. Sanchise was a retard Bruce/Danny move...josh has been a plesent surprise. Tennessee is a fucking good defense period. period. Josh and jay combo has been good. QBR again great this week mid 70s.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:46 PM   #72
MTK
\m/

I feel ok if we go into next season with JJ and Colt with Alex easing back in if he can. Still would like to get a rookie in here too of course. But in the short run there’s a lot to like about JJ.

Old 12-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #73
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I feel ok if we go into next season with JJ and Colt with Alex easing back in if he can. Still would like to get a rookie in here too of course. But in the short run there’s a lot to like about JJ.

Yeah hes not a bad QB. I'd keep him over Colt honestly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2018, 02:56 PM   #74
Burgold
Special Teams

I say invite the dude to camp and let him compete for the backup spot...Colt Mc Coy is through and Alex Smith might be too.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 03:07 PM   #75
MTK
\m/

If Jay is back guaranteed that Colt will be too