Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bucs Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who gets your game ball for the Skins 16-3 win over the Bucs?
J. Norman 5 23.81%
P. Smith 0 0%
R. Anderson 4 19.05%
G. Stroman 2 9.52%
A. Peterson 1 4.76%
T. Way 7 33.33%
other 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #121
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If Fitzpatrick scrambled like Tarkenton, what do you think Watson can do? 2 legit receivers in Hopkins and Thomas. Remember the Falcons patched line? Redskins need to dominate on D to win this game, after to iffy performances on D they are due to play better.
Houston doesn't have the same receiving threats that the Bucs do. The Redskins D played it safe and kept the Bucs receivers in front of them all game. Hence why I think they allowed Fitz to scramble so much. After DeAndre Hopkins (who is an elite threat at receiver), I don't think any of their receivers scare anyone (we got lucky with Fuller being out).

Hopefully the Redskins D can contain Watson the same way they contained Cam. It'd be nice to have Dunbar back, last thing I want is to see Danny Johnson or Stroman covering Hopkins.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #122
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Nobody is talking about the skins.

Last 5 games = 4-1
VS the NFC = 6-2 (3rd best in conference)
Have not allowed over 17 points in 4 of the last 5.
+11 Turnover ratio.

4th in the NFL is Rush Defense.
Tied for 12th in sacks.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:05 PM   #123
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Let me see in the last 5 seasons we have 3 wins, 4 wins, 9 wins, 8 wins, and 7 wins, yet we have guys complaining about 6-3. As Vince Lombardi used to say "What the hell is going on here?" Do note I have only been a hardcore Redskin fan since moving from Cali in 2011, but I didn't think it was always Super Bowl or bust here, this is finally a step in the right direction, stop complaining and look forward to further improvement.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #124
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Nobody is talking about the skins.

Last 5 games = 4-1
VS the NFC = 6-2 (3rd best in conference)
Have not allowed over 17 points in 4 of the last 5.
+11 Turnover ratio.

4th in the NFL is Rush Defense.
Tied for 12th in sacks.
But we suck
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #125
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

A couple of thoughts:

1. I think the game plan on defense was a good one and worked. Obviously, they gave up all underneath and played double deep in the back. Kept everything in front of them. It could have gone south if the Bucs didn't do stupid stuff, but the Bucs have been doing stupid stuff all year (or since game 3). So it's a good scheme.

2. A couple of marginal holding calls really hurt us on O. Without them, I think we get another 7 points and this is feeling a bit better on O. We're not good at picking up 20 with this O.

3. Alex missed the dagger long throw. That sucked. But he hit some good throws, too. And no TOs. Is this surprising to ANYONE??? Who have you been watching, not just this year?

4. Specials have been just excellent this year! Way and Hopkins have been outstanding. We saw what a shitty kicker can do with the Bucs.

5. I'm not sold on Manusky, but the D is clearly better.

6. The O is what it is. Peterson is unearthly, but I worry about his durability. Alex does what he does and no more. Getting back the skill guys will help. BUt we need just a bit more out of old Alex if we're going to make the playoffs, I think.

7. I think we can get 3 more wins out of this. Houston will be tough--they're coming off a bye and they are healthy up front on D. And Watson is the real deal. We need a split with Philly, beat the gints, and jax, ten, or the roids on the road. Anymore is gravy. I had us at 8-8, so I'm certainly psyched.

8. Winning is so much fucking better than losing.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:40 PM   #126
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Houston doesn't have the same receiving threats that the Bucs do. The Redskins D played it safe and kept the Bucs receivers in front of them all game. Hence why I think they allowed Fitz to scramble so much. After DeAndre Hopkins (who is an elite threat at receiver), I don't think any of their receivers scare anyone (we got lucky with Fuller being out).

Hopefully the Redskins D can contain Watson the same way they contained Cam. It'd be nice to have Dunbar back, last thing I want is to see Danny Johnson or Stroman covering Hopkins.
Deandre Hopkins is 4th in the NFL in receiving yards. He has 5 TDs in the last 4 games and is on pace for 110+ receptions and 1500+ yards.

This guy is a matchup nightmare.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #127
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
But we suck
Wild and unbelievable stat: the Washington Redskins are in sole possession of first place in the NFC East in week 10 for the first time since 1991.

Another one
Old 11-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #128
httr198020
Special Teams

I'm thrilled to be 6-3, but I'm not impressed with this team. The defense is very good. They went up against the best offense in football and only gave up 3 points. They forced 4 turnovers which is impressive. Yet they gave up 500 yards of total offense and a lot of that was a result of poor tackling and being out of position. We beat them by double digits. But keep in mind we played the worst defense in the league and we could only put up 16 points? In my opinion, we need a qb change right now. Alex Smith is horrible. I don't see us continuing to win with this below average passing game.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #129
NorCall11
Camp Scrub

has anybody found out what all weapons we will have back next weekend? im getting sick of hearing about thompsons bruised ribs and then more bruised ribs. wear pads you idiot!
NorCall11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #130
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Norman was targeted 3 times yesterday.

0 Catches

1INT.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #131
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Norman was targeted 3 times yesterday.

0 Catches

1INT.
And some grabbing that he got away with. let's see what he does against Hopkins.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #132
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
A couple of thoughts:

1. I think the game plan on defense was a good one and worked. Obviously, they gave up all underneath and played double deep in the back. Kept everything in front of them. It could have gone south if the Bucs didn't do stupid stuff, but the Bucs have been doing stupid stuff all year (or since game 3). So it's a good scheme.

[...]
Exactly!

I really don't get why people complain about the yards given up, someone even said it was an "iffy performance" by the D...
With a starting CB out, 2 really unsure rookies rotating opposite Norman, and facing the top passing offense in the league, I say play "bend but don't break" D + don't get beat over the top + create turnovers is a smart way to game plan!

I give a lot of credit to Manusky for this game (game plan + getting over an awful outing + obviously asking for turnovers).
Old 11-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #133
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
And some grabbing that he got away with. let's see what he does against Hopkins.
Not many guys can shut down DHOP. Going to need Q back this week
Old 11-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #134
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Exactly!

I really don't get why people complain about the yards given up, someone even said it was an "iffy performance" by the D...
With a starting CB out, 2 really unsure rookies rotating opposite Norman, and facing the top passing offense in the league, I say play "bend but don't break" D + don't get beat over the top + create turnovers is a smart way to game plan!

I give a lot of credit to Manusky for this game (game plan + getting over an awful outing + obviously asking for turnovers).
I said iffy performance, were you not worried during the game? Tampa Bay and their mistakes helped somewhat, I know this D can dominate even with the backup CB's. I like Strohman and Johnson with more playing the better they will get.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #135
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Don't get me mixed in with being pissed off after a win, but without turnovers (and turnovers come in bunches) we don't win. You can't really count on turnovers every game to win. I mean with one less turnover, this game might have been extremely different.

Run defense played pretty well overall, but our zone couldn't have been designed to just let them march up and down the field at will.

Again, GREAT win, love it, but I can't pretend the pass defense played great. Bucs have one hell of a passing game and Fitz just slings that shit around, but it just seemed like no one was even in the vicinity of an open receiver half the time.