Old 10-03-2021, 08:41 PM   #46
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Falcons postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
It’s ugly but it’s a win.
We take what we can get.

Whoa, when did the giants QB do South Park?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2021, 09:28 PM   #47
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Love what TH did in this game, but ATL had 2 or 3 dropped picks that could have changed the game. I'll take the ugly win anytime though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 09:43 PM   #48
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This is why I don't understand why they played their last possession, before we took the lead, so conservatively. Their offense was kicking our defenses ass all game and their defense wasn't really stopping us at all. Why would they neuter their offense that was dominating, to trust their defense, that was not? Coaches just love playing it safe even if the whole game says otherwise.
Yep. Smith started coaching like he didn't want to win the game.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 09:44 PM   #49
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I'll take 2-2. I'll take the W. I'll take the Heinicke excitement along the ride, that's fun to watch.

Positives: OL, McKissick, McLaurin, Carter for the KO return TD (how long had it been before this one?)

Negatives: This. Defense. Sucks. Ass.

The call on CY might be a little ticky tacky, but it is an elbow to the head and neck area, or close to it, and you know in 2021's NFL, it's gonna be a flag 90% of the time. How about going for a good ol football form tackle ? As has been said, he's not in a good mental space right now, that's a typical example of "oh imma blow him out it's gonna look good in the highlights" vs making what you're supposed to do. Then you see him running to check his guys after the play is over on TFLs he had nothing to do with while his squad has given up 30 points to a bad offense.
This is partly on the coaching staff, he's a kid, get him in the right place, he is clearly not right now.

One last thing, let's not act like we didn't get many breaks too. That flag on McTyer doesn't get picked up 98% of the time. Falcons dropped many balls, and at least 3 easy INTs, including one in the endzone...
Old 10-03-2021, 09:52 PM   #50
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

People picking on the int's dropped, I have three thoughts:
1) we have seen lots! of cb's drop ints. As has been said, that's why they are CB's not WR's

2) nearly all of us wanted our qb's the last few years to put the ball up and give our WR's a chance. That's why 50/50 balls are called 50/50 balls.

3) On at least one of the "dropped" ints, McLaurin did the job of a receiver and broke up the int when he couldn't pull it in.

Finally, we had 0 turnovers, no fumbles, no ints. That's the stat that counts, not the almost's or shoulda coulda's
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:02 PM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
People picking on the int's dropped, I have three thoughts:
1) we have seen lots! of cb's drop ints. As has been said, that's why they are CB's not WR's

2) nearly all of us wanted our qb's the last few years to put the ball up and give our WR's a chance. That's why 50/50 balls are called 50/50 balls.

3) On at least one of the "dropped" ints, McLaurin did the job of a receiver and broke up the int when he couldn't pull it in.

Finally, we had 0 turnovers, no fumbles, no ints. That's the stat that counts, not the almost's or shoulda coulda's
Yeah agree. McCain had an int (CY questionable call), Holcomb made an awesome play but the ref blew the fuckin whistle too early to negate a fumble, and Fuller dropped a tip ball int…end the end, zero turnovers by both teams.

I just love the fight by TH, Terry and the rest of the offense. I think we scored two TD in the last 6 minutes of the game to win it. Boom, that’s good shit man.

He Gets Us
Old 10-03-2021, 10:03 PM   #52
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

William Jackson and Landon Collins are expensive busts, I haven't seen shit from Jackson except getting burned constantly. Both Suck!! Time to cut Hopkins too.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:05 PM   #53
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yeah our DBS are garbage right now. Fuller has been toast all season too
Old 10-03-2021, 10:07 PM   #54
Coff
Impact Rookie

I’m watching a defensive line that to a man generates zero pressure, and a secondary that can’t cover a twin bed with a king sized sheet, and so many people think replacing JDR will do anything. Lol. I’m not saying del Rio is doing a good job, but this defense has got to be one of the least talented Washington defenses I’ve ever seen.

As for Heinicke. Man oh man. The guy is a total gamer, constantly engineering drives in clutch situations and everyone is talking about what he can’t do. Jesus Christ, he’s had five career starts. We’re complaining that he’s taking to long to go through his progressions? He’s missing open receivers? Yeah. He’s had five career starts. My goodness.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:08 PM   #55
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah our DBS are garbage right now. Fuller has been toast all season too
At least he has made a few plays here and there, McTyer, Jackson, Collins and McCain haven't done shit. Again, Jimmy Moreland should have been kept. I would cut Collins tomorrow and start Reaves.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 10-03-2021, 10:09 PM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fuller been bad. But Collins and Bostic should be benched. Even cut. They don’t help.

I can’t believe how incompetent Ron and the front office didn’t upgrade the LB. we got 5 strong safeties and not one free safety, big mistake by the front office again. McCain hasn’t been good. He blew the long td coverage and missed multiple tackles. He can get the fuck off the team too.

He Gets Us
Old 10-03-2021, 10:12 PM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
At least he has made a few plays here and there, McTyer, Jackson, Collins and McCain haven't done shit. Again, Jimmy Moreland should have been kept. I would cut Collins tomorrow and start Reaves.
Seriously, Moreland played a lot better in slot than Fuller.

These dumb fucking coaches. Last year Everett, Curl and Reaves were much better than McCain and Collins at Safety. It’s not a fuckin argument

He Gets Us
Old 10-03-2021, 10:12 PM   #58
mredskins
MVP

Judon tonight is what we need from CY
Old 10-03-2021, 10:13 PM   #59
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I am done with the defense. They were supposed to be the strength but they aren't. Clearly the offense needs to put up 35 or better to win. The good thing is that they have shown the ability to put points on the board and with Samuel's getting on the field it clearly made a difference.

We have taken the Cowboys plan from last year... Crazy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:15 PM   #60
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Seriously, Moreland played a lot better in slot than Fuller.

These dumb fucking coaches. Last year Everett, Curl and Reaves were much better than McCain and Collins at Safety. It’s not a fuckin argument
The three that really piss me off are Collins, Jackson and McCain, I would seriously put in Reaves and Everett in place.

Purveyor of fine Filth