Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on.....

Thread Hell

Old 12-05-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
NIKNIK_28

WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on.....

Maybe it seems a bad titile for the thread, but i have always been a supporter of bringing in D. Hall. Dude is a beast, anyways redskins.com is listing him as having 6 INT's on the year. Thats only 1 behinf polamolu the leage leader, yet on NFL.com it only shows him for the 2 he recorded in the 3 games he played with us? How do we get this injustice fixed Matty? Just goes to show how UN "washed up" he really is

Advertisements
Old 12-06-2008, 12:41 AM   #2
QueensRedskinsFan
Camp Scrub

Re: WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on.....

What are the chances we sign him to a long term contract next year?
Old 12-06-2008, 12:52 AM   #3
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I wish I had this on my clipboard permanently so I could just paste it...who cares!

It's just an error, and hall isn't all that great he still gets burned in coverage, but he gets a pick once in a while
Old 12-06-2008, 12:54 AM   #4
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Strange to say but I think it benefits the B & G if "everyone" else thinks he's not all that.

My sense is Hall gets a contract w/ us. He's home and I'd bet money things are "working" better for him than ever before because of the many, many high character guys we have in our locker room and indeed just the overall quality of the team. Maybe Hall is the type of guy that loses control of himself w/o solid, high character vets surrounding him... well, our locker room is pretty well guaranteed to be full of 'em for at least a few more years to come. Good situation for Hall - I really bet he wants to stay and gets to. Great friggin move by the FO on this guy, although I'm not sure it completely redeems the J. Taylor bust.

(I say Taylor's a bust hoping and praying he plays out of his f'ing mind Sunday night. Even one huge game where he is the game-changer is enough for me.)
Old 12-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #5
DarkKnight
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I wish I had this on my clipboard permanently so I could just paste it...who cares!

It's just an error, and hall isn't all that great he still gets burned in coverage, but he gets a pick once in a while

yea, we could always bring back archeleta if that make you feel better, get outta here, anyone will get burned in that oakland defense, D has came here and got us two picks, name a starting CB for washington that has done that in 3 games or less........yea, so to answer on member questions, D-hall should be on our longterm plan, cut smoot, cut springs....and lets get him across from rogers, that is a pretty good tandem, get a monster like hanyesworth up the middle with our speed DE.........top 5
Old 12-06-2008, 01:39 AM   #6
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Did you not watch the game? Picks are great and I love Dhall for them but he got burned ATLEAST 4 times. And his pick wasn't anything brilliant either, it was a bad throw.

Is he better than Smoot? Sure, but not Springs or even close to Rogers.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:43 AM   #7
jrocx69
Special Teams

we need a 3-4 d.... with those corners and taylor and carter on the ends would spell touble for alot of teams offenses. dump washington and rocky and fletcher in the middle.

we need to draft a stout NT.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:26 AM   #8
afredskinsfan11
Camp Scrub

He's an assest to the team and thats the bottomline.....he catches picks that can turn games around and kill momentum. So he gives up 6 and 7 yard passes here and there but he eliminates the deep threats and makes a qb pay when they make a mistake. Rogers has been known to drop game changing int's and Springs has been battling injuries. Not to mention if given a chance he would probably be one of the most deadly punt returners in the league. Sign him for 3 more years!!
Old 12-06-2008, 02:59 AM   #9
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Did you not watch the game? Picks are great and I love Dhall for them but he got burned ATLEAST 4 times. And his pick wasn't anything brilliant either, it was a bad throw.

Well that's the whole point. Rogers and Springs are #1 and #2, we're not looking to replace them, but we are need of an upgrade from Smoot. Thus Hall is not good, but he is good enough.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:11 AM   #10
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

D-Hall needs to stay in Washington next year...Bottom Line, if you think different...well f~k what u think. We could definetly use the same depth we have this year next year. Rogers, Springs, D-Hall, Smoot=Great CB Depth...geez....if only we had A LITTLE Pash Rush youd see how valuable they are.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:21 AM   #11
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:

having springs and rogers on one team is solid enough, you want champ bailey on it or aso? d hall is the best 3 or 4 in the league probably
Old 12-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #12
theJBexperience
Impact Rookie

DeAngelo has been an upgrade to the rotation of CBs we have going. He's not going to replace Shawn Springs or Carlos Rogers as a starter, but he's played better than Smoot and Torrence. He's been a good nickel and pretty strong in the rotation of covering a #1 WR. I would like to keep him around, but we do eventually need to find a replacement for Springs, and he's not it. Maybe, improving our pass rush through the draft will make our secondary better, and we can hold tight with who we have for another year. As a unit, they generally do pretty well in man coverage when we blitz. We've just got to start getting to the QB and not leaving out there alone for jump balls.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #13
vallin21
The Starter

I would sign Hall before I sign Rogers given that he has been to more pro bowls and has more picks this season than Rogers. Yeah he gets beat but he can recover and make the pick. Rogers gives up too much space in coverage and he got beat by Hixon twice on a slant. If Hall gets a few more picks he should be considered for pro bowl, but I'm thinking its to late to vote for him, but his 5 picks (overall are tied for the highest in the NFC).
Old 12-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #14
dmek25
MVP

its all about making plays. and sure, he gets toasted once in a while. but what corner doesnt?
Old 12-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #15
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJBexperience View Post
DeAngelo has been an upgrade to the rotation of CBs we have going. He's not going to replace Shawn Springs or Carlos Rogers as a starter, but he's played better than Smoot and Torrence. He's been a good nickel and pretty strong in the rotation of covering a #1 WR. I would like to keep him around, but we do eventually need to find a replacement for Springs, and he's not it. Maybe, improving our pass rush through the draft will make our secondary better, and we can hold tight with who we have for another year. As a unit, they generally do pretty well in man coverage when we blitz. We've just got to start getting to the QB and not leaving out there alone for jump balls.

i pretty much agree with you but notice the part in bold. i think hall will be a fine replacement for springs, if the team decides to cut him to save money. rogers would be our #1, hall #2 and keep smoot as #3, they have that rookie as #4. you are right about the d-line, that needs to be addressed in the off season.