Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why Haven't We Signed Brian Brohm

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Why Haven't We Signed Brian Brohm

I think that this would be the best signing we could make. We could cut Williams or Batiste and sign him. For that matter cut Mason. This guy was a second round draft choice and he has played fairly well this preseason. Then next year we would have him and Colt and maybe even Woodson competing for the one, two or three spots depending on how Campbell does this season. Another guy we could sign is Jamon Meredith of GB's practice squad. He could develop into a good left tackle.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Re: Why Haven't We Signed Brian Brohm

God please no more quarterback talk. Colt couldn't beat out Todd Collins for the backup spot with the whole staff backing him and Brian Brohm got cut by the Packers despite the fact that he was a second round pick. He must have been so bad that they figured he didn't even have enough potential to keep around for their practice squad. Give JC the year and if it doesn't work out, go after a top tier talent not waiver fodder like CB and Brohm.
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
God please no more quarterback talk. Colt couldn't beat out Todd Collins for the backup spot with the whole staff backing him and Brian Brohm got cut by the Packers despite the fact that he was a second round pick. He must have been so bad that they figured he didn't even have enough potential to keep around for their practice squad. Give JC the year and if it doesn't work out, go after a top tier talent not waiver fodder like CB and Brohm.
He is on the practice squad and they only kept two QBs.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
MTK
\m/

Brohm was a 2nd rounder last year and he's on the PS? That can't be good.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Cause we don't play his former team Week 1
Old 09-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #6
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

No thanks. The Pack must have a pretty good reason to let a second round pick go to the practice squad. LOL... Skinny.. classic...

Anyway I just don't see how the id would improve our team.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
celts32
Playmaker

Actually, he was the name that intrigued me more then any other cut this weekend. He was a top NFL prospect 2 years ago after his JR year with Bobby Petrino. His 1st year in the league was also spent learning the West Coast Offense with Green Bay. I am not saying that he's going to take Jasons job or anything but I think he is worth a spot at the end of the roster. I would much rather be developing a QB with the 53rd spot then keeping a 3rd string Mason who contributes nothing to special teams.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
Carnage
Special Teams

Brohm was projected to be a top 5 pick if he came out early. He lost sooo much money.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Cause we don't play his former team Week 1

Exactly why we must sign Brock Berlin before week 2; and Timmy Chang before week 3
Old 09-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #10
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Actually, he was the name that intrigued me more then any other cut this weekend. He was a top NFL prospect 2 years ago after his JR year with Bobby Petrino. His 1st year in the league was also spent learning the West Coast Offense with Green Bay. I am not saying that he's going to take Jasons job or anything but I think he is worth a spot at the end of the roster. I would much rather be developing a QB with the 53rd spot then keeping a 3rd string Mason who contributes nothing to special teams.
Prospect means nothing unless you show something during the process of you being a player in the NFL. Colt & Chase were Heisman candidates. We just cut one of them and put the other one on IR. So what are you really saying? Woodson on the other hand had many accolades also. Could have sworn at one point he was in Heisman contention. So just to say we should sign Brohm because he was a top prospect is ridiculous.

Also if in case you haven't notice. The Redskins aren't into grooming QB's from rookies. Our fan base and ownership are too impatient and we will never use the word "rebuilding" for that matter.

Mason will contribute to special teams "he has no choice". He is our insurance policy because Betts hasn't been productive and Rock doesn't really service us at RB. So the need for him being on the roster is more pressing. Especially if anything happens to Portis. He will get just as many touches if CP gets injured as Betts in my opinion. Betts is good for catching the ball out of the backfield. That's why he is here and because he is a vet and knows the offense. Other than that he is not a threat at RB. That is why Mason is here.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Prospect means nothing unless you show something during the process of you being a player in the NFL. Colt & Chase were Heisman candidates. We just cut one of them and put the other one on IR. So what are you really saying? Woodson on the other hand had many accolades also. Could have sworn at one point he was in Heisman contention. So just to say we should sign Brohm because he was a top prospect is ridiculous.

Also if in case you haven't notice. The Redskins aren't into grooming QB's from rookies. Our fan base and ownership are too impatient and we will never use the word "rebuilding" for that matter.

Mason will contribute to special teams "he has no choice". He is our insurance policy because Betts hasn't been productive and Rock doesn't really service us at RB. So the need for him being on the roster is more pressing. Especially if anything happens to Portis. He will get just as many touches if CP gets injured as Betts in my opinion. Betts is good for catching the ball out of the backfield. That's why he is here and because he is a vet and knows the offense. Other than that he is not a threat at RB. That is why Mason is here.

agreed. good post.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #12
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
AMEN! I really hope, above all, that this preseason ends all talk about the QB position for at least 6 months. We've got our #1 and #2 QB set in stone for the 2009 season. If there's a need in 2010 then Shanahan will bring in whomever he wants (I'm on the record stating it will be Derek Anderson BTW) but let's all hope, pray and plan that we won't be having that discussion next spring.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
AMEN! I really hope, above all, that this preseason ends all talk about the QB position for at least 6 months. We've got our #1 and #2 QB set in stone for the 2009 season. If there's a need in 2010 then Shanahan will bring in whomever he wants (I'm on the record stating it will be Derek Anderson BTW) but let's all hope, pray and plan that we won't be having that discussion next spring.
Matt Leinart
Old 09-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #14
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Agreed. There are plenty of things to discuss now that the season is starting. Let's leave the "what ifs" for the offseason.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #15
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I think that this would be the best signing we could make. We could cut Williams or Batiste and sign him. For that matter cut Mason. This guy was a second round draft choice and he has played fairly well this preseason. Then next year we would have him and Colt and maybe even Woodson competing for the one, two or three spots depending on how Campbell does this season. Another guy we could sign is Jamon Meredith of GB's practice squad. He could develop into a good left tackle.
OMG put down your crack pipe. Brohm sucked this pre season and that's what got him cut. Like it or not JC is our best option this year and probably next year at QB. Woodson, Colt and Brohm competing for #1 next year?? Yeah right. lol.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote