Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Idiots at the Skins vs. Vikings Game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #46
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Idiots at the Skins vs. Vikings Game

going to a game is so much better, funner and more enjoyable when you realize the opposing fans are people that just so happen to wear a different color on sunday.

ive come along way, still have a ways to go thoo, it is something i am proud of to the extent that looking back just a few years ago on my behavior it makes me down right embarrassed.

it feels good thoo, i mean real good. unfortunately when guys like me grow up and start acting our age there is just another dumber, drunker version of me waiting to take my place.

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #47
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
My experience at games say about 95% of those is attendance are cavemen and like you since I dont want to deal with them I dont go. The last thing they want to do is cut back on the cash cow that is beer sales.

These teams have built up the idiotic notion that the fans are the 12th man and part of the team and the fans actually take that stuff seriously. Why would anyone be surprised that the 12th man, fueled by booze, gets jacked up and violent?
You raise a good point in that respect. I think it goes back to what I was saying earlier. We as adults should exercise personal responsibility. But, those who do, usually don't go to the games.

I have a sneaky suspicion my girlfriend might be getting me Redskins tickets for the Giants game the day after New Year's. If so it will be my first Redskins game ever live! But, if so, I'm kind of apprehensive in going if what I've seen in these you tube videos is what I am going to have to deal with.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #48
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
going to a game is so much better, funner and more enjoyable when you realize the opposing fans are people that just so happen to wear a different color on sunday.

ive come along way, still have a ways to go thoo, it is something i am proud of to the extent that looking back just a few years ago on my behavior it makes me down right embarrassed.

it feels good thoo, i mean real good. unfortunately when guys like me grow up and start acting our age there is just another dumber, drunker version of me waiting to take my place.
That's what I call learning to take responsibility for your actions. That's the first step towards recovery, so many people can't get to the point where they can admit that to themselves.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #49
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post

Yeah, but at least the good thing is you see how much more enjoyable going to the games can be now, although I'm sure even more so when the Redskins finally start winning on a consistent basis. :cheeky-sm
Old 11-30-2010, 03:24 PM   #50
44ever

The funniest part is how that scronny kid says "whats up bro you want some" and then hides behind 98 dude, then finally shows his face, then gets clocked.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #51
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Well if you are at FedEx the amount of Redskins fans to opposing team fans ratio lends this to be true. If you are drunk and want to fight most likely the closet folks to you are skins fans.

It is the same at all stadiums.

If you want a fun filled family sporting outing in this country anymore take your family to a minor league baseball game. I go to about 10 a year everyone in the family has a great time. Never see a fight, rarely hear a swear, always something fun going on between innings and the price plus everything that goes a long with it for 10 games cost half of going to one NFL game.
Yea, if you want to take a nap for 3 1/2 hours. Is that even considered a sport? Golf is more exciting.

Something fun between innings is watching paint dry.

The only thing cheaper to see a minor leagues baseball game is the ticket. After that beers are $8 hot dog $5 and so on.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #52
MTK
\m/

I have to agree that minor league baseball is fun. It's cheap and they do a good job at keeping it family oriented. Beers are $5 where I go, and it's a local brewery too.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:45 PM   #53
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Yea, if you want to take a nap for 3 1/2 hours. Is that even considered a sport? Golf is more exciting.

Something fun between innings is watching paint dry.

The only thing cheaper to see a minor leagues baseball game is the ticket. After that beers are $8 hot dog $5 and so on.

Not in my neck of the woods.

I enjoy baseball. Games are like 3 hours tops BTW.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #54
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
And also when I get away from my wife and kids Iwant to just get drunk and rowdy, what are we cavemen?

Probably 95% of the folks at the game create a family atmosphere it is the 5% that ruin it for the rest. I don't go because I don't want to deal with the 5%.

IMO if the stadiums up the security and too ka hard stand on fighting and drinking the 5% would easily dwindle to manageable 1%.
I'd say its probably more like 99% make it a family atmosphere. Thats only 5 rows back, 5 rows foward, 4 rows one way and 5 the other. Thats a small section and if you have one ass in that space you will know.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #55
hagams
Impact Rookie

I'm coming back from three years in Japan this week, and I'm taking my whole family to the Bucs game. This is my first game at Fed Ex, and this is the type of crap I'm worried about. I plan on drinking, and my wife plans on wearing her Dolphins gear (I know right?). We'll see what happens, but those looked like two big dudes.....have to push em down the steps
Old 11-30-2010, 03:52 PM   #56
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Not in my neck of the woods.

I enjoy baseball. Games are like 3 hours tops BTW.
I just hate baseball. They could give me free behind home plate tickets to Wrigley Field, free food/beer and the VIP treatment and I would still think it sucked. Oh, they did give me those and it SUCKED. LOL
Old 11-30-2010, 03:52 PM   #57
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
This is just embarrasing. The Redskins need to be a little more responsible in over serving and removing fans who have had too much to drink.

YouTube - Redskins Vs. Vikings FAN fight
I go to most Redskins home games and there really are not a lot of incidents like this one. It's unfortunate for the people who had to sit near this mess.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #58
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I have to agree that minor league baseball is fun. It's cheap and they do a good job at keeping it family oriented. Beers are $5 where I go, and it's a local brewery too.
Agreed. My son loves games...he's gone to a few already. Even at age 2, he'd sit and watch all 9 innings.

His favorite part is hit batters...and there are plenty at the low-level independent team games in our town.

I'm also very apprehensive to take my family to an NFL game. Beer in large quantities usually ruins family events, whether it's a football game or a wedding reception. :cheeky-sm
Old 11-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #59
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I just hate baseball. They could give me free behind home plate tickets to Wrigley Field, free food/beer and the VIP treatment and I would still think it sucked. Oh, they did give me those and it SUCKED. LOL
Of course it would suck...it's a Cubs game.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #60
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagams View Post
I'm coming back from three years in Japan this week, and I'm taking my whole family to the Bucs game. This is my first game at Fed Ex, and this is the type of crap I'm worried about. I plan on drinking, and my wife plans on wearing her Dolphins gear (I know right?). We'll see what happens, but those looked like two big dudes.....have to push em down the steps
Don't take too much from this thread. I have been to 15 or 20 games and have never seen any fights around us. Only once did we have a guy trying to cause problems but after he was ignored he shut up. Take your family and enjoy the game and welcome home.