Moss on how Redskins must play now

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #16
irish
Playmaker

Re: Moss on how Redskins must play now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
This could be the last hurrah! for Santana anyway. This team needs to stop uttering the word playoffs and begin concentrating on what it needs to do to get better.
I agree, I think a lot of familiar faces will be gone this offseasn.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #17
MTK
\m/

Moss is still a quality player, he would be a nice #2.

He's on pace for 90 catches and 1,132 yards.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #18
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

The only ones who have mentioned anything about playoffs have been the overly optimistic (for just a short moment anyway) and the highly demanding fans who are just not realistic.

1. MS knows what he is doing. He was only out of coaching for one, maybe two seasons. He hasn't lost anything. He is not a miracle worker. My goodness, some of you people think the Redskins were 12-4 last year. THEY WERE 4-12! At least Shanny has already improved upon that stat! Geez... it takes time to build a team into a consistent winner. I would say that so far, this regime is doing everything promised. They have already put a very competitive team on the field. Much more so than a year ago! I don't remember Allen saying he was going to bring home a Super Bowl trophy in 2010, although that is always the goal to be sought after. He promised to bring the Redskins back to their glory days, and that don't happen overnight. I am as frustrated by the narrow losses as anybody else, but those are just things this team will have to endure before they get better.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #19
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Let's not get too cocky with having ONE more win that we had last season. This offense is still woeful and the skins could easily tank and go 5-11.

I still say we will finish up at 8-8. Not a bad number for a team that will go into full rebuild mode.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #20
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

I hope we try to extend him a couple years, add V Jackson and continue to develop Armstrong, pick up a #4 with a late draft pick....suddenly the WR corp is looking pretty tight. Moss always has played hard, said the right things, never injured and is generally a cool mf'er...like to keep players like him around

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #21
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Let's not get too cocky with having ONE more win that we had last season. This offense is still woeful and the skins could easily tank and go 5-11.

I still say we will finish up at 8-8. Not a bad number for a team that will go into full rebuild mode.
The point is, a lot of fans are disappointed and calling for heads to roll and a mass exodus of players out of Washington when it wasn't promised that this team would be a playoff team this year. It's a process that me, personally, I'm willing to be patient for since I know this team has talented coaches and a head coach who has two Super Bowl rings. Even if we had picked a fresh face coach, I would still give them a free pass the first year.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #22
scowan
The Starter

Shanahan and Allen are bringing in better players than we had in the past, unfortunatley this team has had a lot of bad parts and it will take another year for the Skins to start being a winner week end and week out. It s a QB league and the Skins have a better than average one right now. What they don't have is an OL or a RB, due to injuries or lack of talent or whatever you want to call it. They need a few more pieces on Offense, but that's all they need, is a few more pieces. For some perspective however, look what the Skins did to the Titans now. Without Vince Young, who I say won't be coming back next year after his temper tantrum, they are starting completely over looking for a new QB. At least the Skins don't have to address that next year. On Defense Carlos Rogers and Fat Al need to go and they need an upgrade at a couple of DL positions and maybe another LB. Banks is great, and Gano is not a liability and I think he will get better.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #23
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Did Moss or Rogers use the word playoffs?
Probably more media driven than player. The local media is still trying to create scenarios how we can make the playoffs and continue to insinuate there's a way until we're mathematically eliminated. Playing the way we are, that will be shortly.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #24
Swarley
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Santana should concentrate on catching the balls instead of dropping them and keep his mouth shut.
I really hate reading posts like the above...
Did the guy do something wrong or was he just answering questions? Which were then turned into a story btw.

Anyways, let me just mention that we weren't playing well until the last 5 games of the season when we made our last two playoff runs. In other words if we were to turn it around it would be the same story.
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #25
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

At the moment, Moss is the ONLY semi-dependable reciever we have.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #26
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Its hard for a team to run off 6 wins in a row when you cant score 21 points a game. Not happening.. 8-8 at best
Old 11-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #27
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
I really hate reading posts like the above...
Did the guy do something wrong or was he just answering questions? Which were then turned into a story btw.

Anyways, let me just mention that we weren't playing well until the last 5 games of the season when we made our last two playoff runs. In other words if we were to turn it around it would be the same story.
Santana has always had the dropsies once in a while. It's a flaw in his game, and to put it under the rug is kinda lame when everyone can see it, i.e the Todd Collins pick because he let up, the EJ Henderson pick in which it bounced off of him. .

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:24 PM   #28
Swarley
The Starter

Not exactly sure what you mean by put it under the rug? Did he avoid the question in the above article.
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #29
maroonandblack30
Special Teams

Playoffs or not 8-8 is a huge success IMO. Big improvement from 4-12.

The bottom line is that Snyder and Cerrato's incompetence has finally caught up to the Skins...they severly lack talent at essentially all positions.

Hopefully Allen and Shanahan can turn it around by building through the draft and finding diamonds in the rough (Peyton Hillis), its going to take more than just a year or two to fix what Snyder and Cerrato have been breaking for the past decade.

I'm actually impressed Shanahan hs us at 5-6 with the schedule we've played and the talent level on the roster.
maroonandblack30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #30
saden1
MVP

Even if the Skins win-out they may not make the playoffs. Looking at the NFC there will definitely be at least one 10-6 team that doesn't make the playoffs.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote