Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #46
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Best QB on our roster for the current team and system

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
There are two possibilities:

1. If he is physically able to play in Week 1, he will start regardless of the quality of his performance against B-More. It is a mandate from Snyder.

2. If he gets broken in half by the Ravens defense and is physically unable to play in Week 1, then Kirk will start.
Number two is a real possibility.

Same scenario last year. Ravens 3rd pre season game, Griffin was terrible and that was a sign of things to come. Let's see if Griffin has anything at all. It's only pre season but he REALLY needs to show something Sat. I want to see him play well, as I do KC and McCoy.

But if Griffin goes out there and shits all over himself then some tough decisions need to be made, and Gruden needs to show that he has a set of balls.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #47
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
How would you see anything from KC that would indicate he can limit the turnovers when he's not been allowed to play. He hasn't turned it over this pre-season, and that's the only time he's played. Can't show you anything from the bench.

What tantalizes a lot of KC supporters, myself included, is all the other stats he piled up. Interceptions and his response to them is a concern, but he wouldn't be the first QB to improve in both areas with more experience. As much of a turnover machine some people would have you think he is, he still had more TDs last year than interceptions. If he solves that issue, his stats put him in the top 5-10 in the league.
If a frog had wings then the Pope wouldn't shit in the woods.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:57 AM   #48
81forHOF
Impact Rookie

Cousins.

The only knock they have on him is he made mental mistakes. Isn't that what inexperienced QBs do? How come the media can be patient with other young QBs but were quick to turn Cousins into a laughing stock???

I understand that that Giants game was REAL bad but take that off of his stats and look what you got. Every young QB deserves an occasional mulligan.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:06 PM   #49
30gut
Playmaker

How come fans can complete dismiss Colt.

If were talking about Jay's offense, and we look at the important situations 3rd downs and plays that take longer then 2.5s no one on this roster is better then McCoy.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:29 PM   #50
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post

If were talking about Jay's offense, and we look at the important situations 3rd downs and plays that take longer then 2.5s no one on this roster is better then McCoy.
His regular season sample size is so small it makes any of his stats nearly moot. Robert is really the only QB with a large enough sample size since 2012 worth talking about.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #51
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:

Because he is what he is. You arent going far with McCoy unless you have a very solid team around him. He also wont be improving much, if any, due to his age. He may be better than the other two as it pertains to Jays system. Thats not an endorsement of McCoy though, its an indictment of our QB position as a whole.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:48 PM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

How come fans dismiss RG3 constant fumbling problems, but point to Kirk's ints?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:52 PM   #53
mredskins
MVP

This article pretty much sums up our QB situation.

Closet Filled with Washington Redskins QB Jerseys Is the Saddest Closet of All | Bleacher Report
Old 08-27-2015, 12:53 PM   #54
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
How come fans dismiss RG3 constant fumbling problems, but point to Kirk's ints?
What does this post have to do with mine?

Absolutely nothing sing it again I said....
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:35 AM   #55
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
colt mccoy sucks period end of story. He is a career third stringer. He was even cut this off season and no other team even looked at him. People get over mccoy, outside of the cowboy win he has not done jack shit.
lmao
Old 08-28-2015, 04:55 AM   #56
skins89moss
Playmaker

Robert has all off season to learn Jay's offense so this should not be a issue of knowing the system. I understand that practicing and playing live game action is another story. That's why you practice so when the game starts everything is done on memory and reaction. Robert still needs to play loose and let the game come to him. If RG3 doesn't play well with the 1st team and Kirk plays well I think you have to think about making a change a QB for Week 1. Maybe its better for RG3 to sit and wait for Kirk or Colt to get injured or poor play to get another chance to start. I want RG3 to play well but I don't know how the coaches or players feel about him as a person. When RG3 was winning people tolerated him , but since he is down everyone is taking shots at him now. They love you when your winning but if you start losing then your a bum. RG3 was beloved by Redskins Nation his rookie year but many fans have jumped off the bandwagon and want Kirk or Colt. I just want anyone of these QB to manage the game give us a chance to win. We don't need 1 guy we need a team effort to turn this shit show around. Jay Gruden is on the Hot Seat this year, so they better show improvement.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:13 AM   #57
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
What does this post have to do with mine?

Absolutely nothing sing it again I said....
My guess is that Chico was following your "how come fans dismiss..." theme as opposed to your specific point.

Sent from my S6 Edge
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:32 AM   #58
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

Colt can not consistently push the ball down field. He can't stretch the field. See Dallas first half last year. I love his competitiveness and all, and to me he is the perfect backup. If he has to play for a long period of time he'll be exposed, see St. Louis last year.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #59
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Kirk Cousins is the best QB on the team
This is why we are in trouble. Kirk looks good in preseason, BUT he can't handle the mental aspect of making mistakes when it counts. He is awful. He has proved this time and time again. The mental part of his game is what will be his downfall. But Redskins fans still have some belief that he can play. Go re-watch all of his Redskins tape from games that count. HE shits his pants. Constantly. He's a spot backup only in DC with this s-show at QB is he considered a starter.

McCoy, just like RG III cannot stay healthy. McCoy's next concussion in the NFL will be his last. Unless he is just to stupid to retire.

RG III, well he isn't any good either.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:08 PM   #60
over the mountain
Playmaker

i dismiss McCoy bc his lack of arm strength limits the play calling, defenses can push up the safeties to a degree and desean jackson will be one pissed off dude all season long being underthrown to.

like it has been said, mccoy is a decent backup.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote