Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

It's Freakin' Dallas Week! HTTR!!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-28-2017, 02:56 PM   #16
metalskins
The Starter

Re: It's Freakin' Dallas Week! HTTR!!!

I have to admit, it's not normal having such a big, rivalry game on Thursday Night (unless it's Thanksgiving.) But, the upside is that the next day is Friday and if I have to stay up late, I can suffer through one sleepy day at work before the weekend.

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #17
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Whew, Cowboys talking heads giving some respect to the Skins:

"Why Cowboys can't look past the Redskins:

Think about it: The Redskins are sitting at 5-6, too. They're playing without seven starters. They lost two of their three best pass rushers early on, Trent Murphy in training camp and Jonathan Allen in the first month of the season. Three offensive linemen are gone. [Kirk] Cousins loses his two best receivers, Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson in free agency. His next-best-guy Jordan Reed can't stay healthy, can't stay on the field. He's down to his third running back, and yet they're still 5-6. They're competitive. Cousins is second only to [Tom] Brady in passing yards. He's averaged 8.1 yards a pass. They're doing it with an injury-riddled roster without weapons, I don't know why the Cowboys can't.
You look at the Vikings, you lose your quarterback in the first game, your running back three weeks in. And that was supposed to help your defense. Well, their defense doesn't need any help. You need good coaching, you need good depth. And right now the Cowboys lack both."

lol...that's right

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...boys-next-year

Some fans here need to understand that too...especially when its comes down to the job Jay G has done....

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #18
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Think about it: The Redskins are sitting at 5-6, too. They're playing without seven starters. They lost two of their three best pass rushers early on, Trent Murphy in training camp and Jonathan Allen in the first month of the season. Three offensive linemen are gone. [Kirk] Cousins loses his two best receivers, Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson in free agency. His next-best-guy Jordan Reed can't stay healthy, can't stay on the field. He's down to his third running back, and yet they're still 5-6. They're competitive. Cousins is second only to [Tom] Brady in passing yards. He's averaged 8.1 yards a pass. They're doing it with an injury-riddled roster without weapons, I don't know why the Cowboys can't.
You look at the Vikings, you lose your quarterback in the first game, your running back three weeks in. And that was supposed to help your defense. Well, their defense doesn't need any help. You need good coaching, you need good depth. And right now the Cowboys lack both."

lol...that's right

Some fans here need to understand that too...especially when its comes down to the job Jay G has done....
I think Jay has done an outstanding job. Give him a season where there's a limited number of players going to IR and Cousins with a full compliment of weapons, and see if Gruden can't get them into the playoffs. If not, then yeah, kick him to the curb, but this team could've easily packed it in by now.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #19
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Dallas Cowboys: Kickoff time changed for Dec. 10 Giants game | Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Kickoff time changed for Dec. 10 Cowboys-Giants game

More news about the most overrated franchise in the world...looks like the networks are flexing back the prime slot the game equivalent of the Hindenburg vs Titanic. Best part is they are making the 'Boys take a back seat to a Jags game. Would love to see Jerry's reaction when that came across his desk.

He Gets Us
Old 11-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #20
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys: Kickoff time changed for Dec. 10 Giants game | Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Kickoff time changed for Dec. 10 Cowboys-Giants game

More news about the most overrated franchise in the world...looks like the networks are flexing back the prime slot the game equivalent of the Hindenburg vs Titanic. Best part is they are making the 'Boys take a back seat to a Jags game. Would love to see Jerry's reaction when that came across his desk.
I wish we weren't in PT either.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:05 PM   #21
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I like Dak, but what has transpired since last year's playoff game, leaves no question in my mind that Romo should've been the starter in that playoff game, and perhaps he would be the starter still... I know of Romo's troubles staying healthy, but when healthy, is there any doubt that Romo was a superior QB? Oh well, another season down the crapper...

cowboyuptx, Friday at 1:34 AM #3
WillieBeamen, Old'Boyfan, jwooten15 and 14 others like this

^^ ouch, 17 posters agree with this.

I feel a little better now.
Dak has shown he is an average QB without a Star Running game. I have also noticed Alfred Morris was a product of the Shanahan system and not all that talented.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:08 PM   #22
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:

lol...that's right

Good post. Show why we need to sign KC and keep Gruden for a few more years.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:47 AM   #23
MTK
\m/

Quote:

lol...that's right

First off, at 5-6 why would the Cowboys be looking past anyone??
Old 11-29-2017, 09:25 AM   #24
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Dak has shown he is an average QB without a Star Running game. I have also noticed Alfred Morris was a product of the Shanahan system and not all that talented.
You know Eli's stats are better than Dak's ,no star running back, no star receivers,no star O line.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #25
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

According to Cooley, we will wear B ON B tomorrow night, not the all gold
Old 11-29-2017, 10:09 AM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You know Eli's stats are better than Dak's ,no star running back, no star receivers,no star O line.
Eli deserves a lot better than he got...not cool

He Gets Us
Old 11-29-2017, 10:17 AM   #27
over the mountain
Playmaker

Im having trouble getting pumped up for this game. Just bummed that we have a good team who played well enough to be playoff contenders but injuries and a crazy NFC standings have made even 10-6 not likely to be WC.

I saw a blue chrysler 300 this morning with a dallas sign on it and I was all ready to cut in front of it and slam on my brakes ... but i just couldnt do it. Didnt have the energy. Didnt have that white searing blinding hate that turns me into a mad man.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #28
skinsfan69
Living Legend

We'd be in better position for the playoffs had Gruden not choked the Saints game away. He's doing a great job getting all the guys prepared to play and they play hard, that seems to never be an issue. What I'd like to see these last 5 games is no game management issues. No issues during 2 minute.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #29
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Eli deserves a lot better than he got...not cool
See, not hard for us to agree on things.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:32 AM   #30
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I said in the Week 13 thread that Eli's stats are about equal to his career stats.