Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Grade the signing of Adrian Peterson (5 the best, 1 the worst)
5 11 26.19%
4 10 23.81%
3 13 30.95%
2 3 7.14%
1 1 2.38%
0 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2018, 03:11 PM   #76
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson

He’s wearing #26 in case anyone was worried about that

Advertisements
Old 08-21-2018, 03:27 PM   #77
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I was already looking forward to game 3, as that's typically the best one to watch. Just got a bit more interesting.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:30 PM   #78
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

and since then has been accused multiple times of child abuse . . . abusers will always say they are sorry and have changed . . . but almost always they don't and when you continue to be accused, you haven't period . . . he should be in prison, thats all!!!
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:44 PM   #79
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Great article.. I think this is a great example of how important it is for everyone to get full context before judging anyone.

What I gather is outside the time he beat a 4 year old with a stick on the arms legs back and nuts and than said he didn’t mean it is that he is a pretty good dude. Uh...yeah no.
I mean as far as full context before judging someone there is literally nothing that you could put in front of the words ...”and that is why i beat the 4 year old over his entire body with a stick” that would make it ok. Hold a gun to my head and order me to do such things and my reply would be “pull the trigger”.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #80
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I couldn't even finish readying that bullshit article. AP hit a 4 year old in the fucking nuts with a tree limb. Just stop and think about that.

I realize that a lot of NFL players are not going to be Kirk Cousins or Darrell Green types. And I can tolerate a lot of shit, drinking, drugs, gambling and so on. It's all part of life and growing up. Young guys w/ money are going to screw up all the time. But when you do what he did, or what Ray Rice did, that's where you have to draw the line and say.. " this guy just can't play here."
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #81
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I couldn't even finish readying that bullshit article. AP hit a 4 year old in the fucking nuts with a tree limb. Just stop and think about that.

I realize that a lot of NFL players are not going to be Kirk Cousins or Darrell Green types. And I can tolerate a lot of shit, drinking, drugs, gambling and so on. It's all part of life and growing up. Young guys w/ money are going to screw up all the time. But when you do what he did, or what Ray Rice did, that's where you have to draw the line and say.. " this guy just can't play here."
couldn't agree more!!
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #82
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

And that's your opinion, which you are entitled to.

My issue with your comments is that you make it sound like we gave up a first rounder for AP and/or gave him a ton of guaranteed money; and that this was such a TERRIBLE football move. It is not a terrible football move, nor it is the best football move, it is JUST a football move. That's it.

From my personal experience, growing up in a culture where child punishment was similar or worst to APs situation (and experiencing it myself), I feel that what he did was terrible and inexcusable. Yet, I also realize that it somewhat undid his career and his status of an elite player to just a guy off the street type of player.

But like I said, you are entitled to your personal opinion to what he did and how you feel about him playing in the team given that.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:48 PM   #83
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Agreed, physically abusing a women or child are two things that are unforgivable as far as I am concerned.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #84
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
What I gather is outside the time he beat a 4 year old with a stick on the arms legs back and nuts and than said he didn’t mean it is that he is a pretty good dude. Uh...yeah no.
I mean as far as full context before judging someone there is literally nothing that you could put in front of the words ...”and that is why i beat the 4 year old over his entire body with a stick” that would make it ok. Hold a gun to my head and order me to do such things and my reply would be “pull the trigger”.

First of all, I do not condone AP's action at all. Second, what the article explained - it is about how AP was taught, the community around him gave children same or similar punishments. The most important thing (which I think lot of people were quick to disregard) is that AP showed remorse and changed his behavior after realizing that that kind of punishment is no longer acceptable today in this era. How some people react to AP, even after he admitted that it was a mistake - it is essentially like being angry at one person for learning what their parents taught that person. I can understand your respond if AP was like, "fuck you all, I'm going to do whatever I want", heck I would hate him if he said that but that is not the case.

Again, I emphasize I do not support any kind of abusive behavior/action regardless of reasons behind it.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:18 PM   #85
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
First of all, I do not condone AP's action at all. Second, what the article explained - it is about how AP was taught, the community around him gave children same or similar punishments. The most important thing (which I think lot of people were quick to disregard) is that AP showed remorse and changed his behavior after realizing that that kind of punishment is no longer acceptable today in this era. How some people react to AP, even after he admitted that it was a mistake - it is essentially like being angry at one person for learning what their parents taught that person. I can understand your respond if AP was like, "fuck you all, I'm going to do whatever I want", heck I would hate him if he said that but that is not the case.

Again, I emphasize I do not support any kind of abusive behavior/action regardless of reasons behind it.

1)All criminals show remorse after the fact.
2) if you didn’t already realize lacerating the scrotum of a 4 year old boy with a tree branch was unacceptable than u belong in a mental ward. It is the year 2018 for crying outloud.
3) i do not think u condone his actions obviously, but i think u r buying his bullshit apology/playing dumb bullshit
4) i do not know why im numbering my thoughts
Old 08-21-2018, 05:23 PM   #86
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Im leaning more and more towards your train of thought man. I personally did not want him signed because he is either a piece of shit or a dumbass for thinking it was ok. I mean did he live under a rock? As far as a football move i say again it makes perfect sense though, but yeah it is going to be really hard to root for him. I give second chances or third chances to most anyone except you have to draw a line somewhere. Beating a four year old child with a stick crosses it by a country mile. And the more i think about his excuse of not knowing it was wrong the more it irks me.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:02 PM   #87
MTK
\m/

Hitting a child is definitely disgusting and beyond comprehension to me.

But it also makes me think about what fucked up situation AP must have gone in his life to become the type of person that could hurt his own child. Abuse is a pretty fucked up circle of violence and unfortunately it's not easy to break out of it.

I hope that he is truly remorseful and has learned from his actions. We don't know the guy so who's to say he's not?

Either way I'm not going to lose sleep over him playing football for the Redskins. The law and the league has already dealt with him.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:07 PM   #88
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Were people up in arms this much when we signed Stallworth? Just curious, because I honestly can't remember. And I think that was the last time the team signed someone with a troubled past/issue.

Technically Gallette was, but I don't think nothing came about of that alleged video of him in a fight.

I feel that for the most part, the team has stayed away from these type of players/situations (unlike Dallas).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:43 PM   #89
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Hitting a child is definitely disgusting and beyond comprehension to me.

But it also makes me think about what fucked up situation AP must have gone in his life to become the type of person that could hurt his own child. Abuse is a pretty fucked up circle of violence and unfortunately it's not easy to break out of it.

I hope that he is truly remorseful and has learned from his actions. We don't know the guy so who's to say he's not?

Either way I'm not going to lose sleep over him playing football for the Redskins. The law and the league has already dealt with him.
He is 33, so he was born in 85, his parents likely were born in the 1940's, as a society, we have come a long way in a generation or two from what was socially acceptable. But individual families are not all so enlightened as the wise members of the warpath.

It's terrible to whip your kids like he did, but I do remember the paddle that hung in our laundry room as a reminder/warning, and I think my older brother may have felt it's sting once or twice.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:32 PM   #90
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Holy crap, he gave the kid a beating that made welts and drew blood. Anyone who claims that was normal discipline for a kid back in the day did not look at the pictures or has a perception of the past that is 100% wrong. I grew up in the 60's, the rule of thumb was if it left a mark that was there the next day or drew blood it was child abuse. My dad was a cop and a child abuser, he made sure he inflicted his pain without leaving lingering marks or drawing blood.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote