Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-03-2020, 09:28 AM   #2176
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

For someone that is anti media and you use the "dailywire" as a link ?

Where in your link did it say Mr Floyd deserved to die?

Advertisements
Old 06-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #2177
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
For someone that is anti media and you use the "dailywire" as a link ?

Where in your link did it say Mr Floyd deserved to die?
What’s wrong with dailywire? They are a conservative opinion media and opinion website...they explicitly state it.

Adding context and data to the issue.

I haven’t read any opinions backing the police actions in the case of George Floyd...most, like the daily wire, have stated it was murder and the officers involved should be charged.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:08 AM   #2178
MTK
\m/

I find it impossible that race is not a factor in arrests, prosectution, or sentencing.

In order to believe that the criminal justice system would have to be the only known institution in the world to have successfully removed all racial bias from every cop, judge, prosecutor, etc.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:28 AM   #2179
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Nightline and the NY Post are part of the media last I checked.

Regardless of his past, did he deserve to die?

If your answer is no why bring this up?
He did not deserve to die, all of the cops involved deserve to be punished. Chauvin deserves 2nd degree murder charges as far as I am concerned, the others need the highest charges they can legally be hit with.

My problem with not bringing up Floyd's criminal past and painting him as a saint provides a false narrative that his life style did not contribute to negative interactions with the police. The media only telling one side of the story does more harm, it puts a fear of police, that doesn't need to be there, into law abiding citizens that could cause them to panic when interacting with law enforcement.

I have had many interactions with police. I would call most of it harassment.
It first started with driving what boiled down to a street legal Nascar in college. They would think I didn't see them riding in my blind spot waiting for me to go on a speed run. I once had a cop follow me for 9 straight right hand turns and I did nothing wrong. Fast forward a couple years I lived in the So Cal mountains. My street was mostly vacation homes, I was the only full time resident. Ever hear of Les Richter? I used to have poker parties, even though he was way down the street from me and no one came near his house on weekends he would call the cops on me making up lies. I stayed away from cops for decades till I took multiple trips cross country. Out of state plates on Suvs attract cops like flies in drug corridors. I got pulled over almost a dozen times for bs excuses and never written a ticket. I was being PROFILED and I am white.

I would estimate I have interacted with cops 3 dozen times or so at least, probably a lot more as those mountain cops hated me. After the first visit I became as uncooperative as I could without going to jail. Richter was wealthy and they probably were catering to him. The first time he called saying people were in the front yard breaking bottles in the street, yet there was no glass to be found.

The morale of the story, pretty much every interaction I had with police went as I dictated, cooperative with hands on the steering wheel had the drug corridor ones last 90 seconds. In college I would just pull over and stop when they started tailing me. I still keep my hands in sight but called them every name in the book. That would get them to go over my car with a fine tooth comb looking for anything they could ticket me on. Sometimes I would be detained for 15 minutes and let go, again no ticket.

Why doesn't the media constantly educate people on how to interact with police to insure the best chances of avoiding a negative outcome? Even the worst cops aren't going around killing people for signing too loud in church. The media is escalating people's fear of police, that does nothing but harm.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:03 AM   #2180
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I don't think his actions in the past dictated his interactions in what happened recently. All accounts already say he was in custody when the incident happened. I also have not seen anything painting him as a saint. The incidents you have mentioned have been documented in stories in WaPo, NY Times, Fox News etc.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:07 AM   #2181
MTK
\m/

This blame the media stuff is so tired. Sorry, not buying that people fear police only because of the media.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:49 AM   #2182
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post

The morale of the story, pretty much every interaction I had with police went as I dictated, cooperative with hands on the steering wheel had the drug corridor ones last 90 seconds. In college I would just pull over and stop when they started tailing me. I still keep my hands in sight but called them every name in the book. That would get them to go over my car with a fine tooth comb looking for anything they could ticket me on. Sometimes I would be detained for 15 minutes and let go, again no ticket.
Bob -- your whole post is a shining example of white privilege. For the most part, being white helps tremendously. Or being good looking etc. its not 100% of the time, or even 50% of the time .. but being white in this country has huge advantages. So does being good looking. or dressing professional.

I got pulled over by border patrol because apparently me and a buddy had crossed into mexico some how and were crossing back into the US. I didnt even know we left the US, we were driving on some basically dirt roads. It was a little rinky dinky shack of a border stop out in the middle of nowhere. They find a bunch of weed, detain us for a bit ... me and my buddy are in cells but talking polite with the 2 white officers (they were the only ones there), they were about the same age as us, kinda joking around even though i imagine we could be facing some serious federal charges.

after about an hour ... those 2 white mid 20s officers lets us (2 white mid 20s) go saying hurry up before their supervisor gets there and theyd be forced to charge us.

white privilege.

I have countless stories of white cops letting my white ass go and it wasnt for something nominal like speeding. of course, ive been arrested to. got elbowed by an officer while i was handcuffed to a table etc ... but i know i enjoy the benefits of white privilege almost every day, in things so small and big.

----------------------

bottom line - Bob what works for you or me ... doesnt work nearly as often for a black person.

period.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:56 AM   #2183
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If you haven’t seen the videos of NYC of the rioting and looting which happens at night...do it now.

Cuomo and de blasio completely mishandled the covid crisis to the point they should be recalled....and now this? FFS, look at the shit happening in NYC the last two nights, it’s utter chaos. Completely out of control.

He Gets Us
Old 06-03-2020, 12:16 PM   #2184
MTK
\m/

Earlier N.Y.C. Curfew Sees Peaceful Protests and Less Looting: Live Updates
Old 06-03-2020, 12:22 PM   #2185
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
This blame the media stuff is so tired. Sorry, not buying that people fear police only because of the media.
You don't buy a lot of things that make sense. Where do you think people get their opinion of the police from, if they frequently didn't interact with them?
I guess everyone here knew George Floyd or someone who knew him.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:28 PM   #2186
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
You don't buy a lot of things that make sense. Where do you think people get their opinion of the police from, if they frequently didn't interact with them?
I guess everyone here knew George Floyd or someone who knew him.
If someone has a genuine fear of the police I'd guarantee it's from past experience and not from the media
Old 06-03-2020, 12:31 PM   #2187
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

NYT is completely dishonest per usual. Anybody claiming peaceful Is just lying at this point.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stillgray...76768822685696

https://www.fox5ny.com/video/690458

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/4...nce-of-curfew/

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100...ng-curfew.html

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/4...curfew-in-nyc/

He Gets Us
Old 06-03-2020, 12:39 PM   #2188
MTK
\m/

There were peaceful protests along with (less) looting... how is that dishonest?
Old 06-03-2020, 12:41 PM   #2189
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
If someone has a genuine fear of the police I'd guarantee it's from past experience and not from the media
And you can prove this, how?
Old 06-03-2020, 12:47 PM   #2190
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
There were peaceful protests along with (less) looting... how is that dishonest?
If last night was better than the previous 2, then that’s improvement, but the situation is disgraceful and completely unacceptable. The leadership there has done a terrible again. Check the videos above and the social media accounts from last night

Fact is rioting, looting, and violence remain rampant throughout the city, especially at night. This protest is far from peaceful. Anyone saying otherwise isn’t being honest

He Gets Us