Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-03-2020, 12:50 PM   #2191
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Here was interesting perception survey of what the other part thinks the other party believes https://heterodoxacademy.org/social-...erception-gap/

In the survey democrats were asked questions such as "How many republicans believe racism is a problem still in the US today?" Democrats perceived about 50% of republicans believed that but when republicans were asked it was actually 79% of republicans believed racism is still a problem. When republicans were asked if democrats believe police are bad people, republicans estimated 50% but democrats answered 15%. The results also showed college educated people on both parties were more likely to be off on their perceptions of the other party than their high school educated or drop out peers. It was particularly bad for post graduate degree democrats they were 3 x more likely to be off on their perceptions of republicans than a democrat that has dropped out of high school.

My guess is that when we perceive republicans as not caring about racism or view democrats as antipolice we are most likely incorporating our own bias or are more likely to be on the "wing" of the party.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-03-2020, 12:54 PM   #2192
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
And you can prove this, how?
Common sense
Old 06-03-2020, 01:03 PM   #2193
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Bob -- your whole post is a shining example of white privilege. For the most part, being white helps tremendously. Or being good looking etc. its not 100% of the time, or even 50% of the time .. but being white in this country has huge advantages. So does being good looking. or dressing professional.
The above isn't always true. I have never in my life pulled over to help an attractive female motorist who was broke down, back in the pre cell phone days.

I would stop for little old ladies. The last stranded motorists I helped were a couple old black guys broke down in front of the bank I was using last summer. Obvious blown head gasket, I gave them a ride 25 miles south and refused gas money.

They said they had been trying to catch a lift for two hours. If they looked like Halle Berry instead of Fred Sanford and Grady they would had dudes fighting over giving them a ride in minutes.

Your above statement is 99% correct unless said attractive person runs across a weirdo like me. I think I actually treat them worse. I was pretty popular in High School as any guy on the football team was and found my self dating the plain Jane types.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:08 PM   #2194
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
You don't buy a lot of things that make sense. Where do you think people get their opinion of the police from, if they frequently didn't interact with them?
I guess everyone here knew George Floyd or someone who knew him.
Bob - you formed your opinion of police through your interactions with them. Your post went through several stories that you have experienced that formed the basis of your opinion.

Why cant that be the same for others?

Why would you think you can have your opinions based on your experience ... but then think everyone else's opinions of police is not from their own experiences but from media news?

The American experience is different for every single person.

Whats good for Bob or what Bob thinks may not be good for Sunny or what Sunny thinks.

We cannot think that all people must think how we think. I dont expect rural middle america to agree 100% with what I (east coast suburban guy) think.

I dont think assume my experience is the same experience that all americans have experienced.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:58 PM   #2195
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Common sense
My old LTC would say “if common sense was common everyone would have it”.

I use to think that is kind of true
Old 06-03-2020, 02:11 PM   #2196
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Bob - you formed your opinion of police through your interactions with them. Your post went through several stories that you have experienced that formed the basis of your opinion.

Why cant that be the same for others?

Why would you think you can have your opinions based on your experience ... but then think everyone else's opinions of police is not from their own experiences but from media news?

The American experience is different for every single person.

Whats good for Bob or what Bob thinks may not be good for Sunny or what Sunny thinks.

We cannot think that all people must think how we think. I dont expect rural middle america to agree 100% with what I (east coast suburban guy) think.

I dont think assume my experience is the same experience that all americans have experienced.
I just think my number of interactions with police was excessively high, even excluding friends and family for someone who doesn't own a rap sheet. I think my girlfriend was in her 40's the first time she interacted with a cop, she got caught in a state police check point, the ones where they check license and registration and look for safety violations. I believe someone opposite of me with number of interactions could be heavily influenced by the media.

All this triggered a bad cop memory, a friend's cop uncle and his two cop buddies. It will have to wait for later.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #2197
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Anyone saying otherwise isn’t being honest
You seem to know a bit about that don't you?
Old 06-03-2020, 03:54 PM   #2198
SunnySide
Playmaker

Cops destroying medical supplies and slashing water bottles meant for the protestors.

25% of the "protestors" are assholes

25% of the officers are assholes

=

half of our society are assholes

-----

https://i.imgur.com/1SqWn8C.gifv

I honestly feel bad for Melania.

Just divorce him already.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:02 PM   #2199
MTK
\m/

A portion of the protesters are actually looters and rioters and are definitely assholes giving the peaceful protesters a bad name.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:39 PM   #2200
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

I see no Police destroying Medical anything .
Old 06-03-2020, 05:16 PM   #2201
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Whaaaaaaaaaa,whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...013520868.html

Trump Pulls Republican National Convention From North Carolina

Old 06-03-2020, 05:42 PM   #2202
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Whaaaaaaaaaa,whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...013520868.html

Trump Pulls Republican National Convention From North Carolina
It's not that surprising. Shouldn't be too hard to find some middle-America Trump stronghold that still thinks the 'rona is a liberal-Chinese conspiracy. It was easy to see this coming since NC's new Democratic governor didn't wanna play ball.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:22 PM   #2203
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's not that surprising. Shouldn't be too hard to find some middle-America Trump stronghold that still thinks the 'rona is a liberal-Chinese conspiracy. It was easy to see this coming since NC's new Democratic governor didn't wanna play ball.
I thought maybe turtle face McConnell would try to keep him in line but guess not.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:51 AM   #2204
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Common sense
Just FWIW, That's how Donald Trump justifies a lot of his beliefs, or what some may call "alternative facts". He claims common sense on the matter, or a "gut feeling"

I'm not comparing you to Trump, just to be clear, but "common sense" as the only justification / validation of something is a weak argument, IMO. All due respect.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:27 AM   #2205
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

Cops destroying medical supplies and slashing water bottles meant for the protestors.

25% of the "protestors" are assholes

25% of the officers are assholes

=

half of our society are assholes

-----

https://i.imgur.com/1SqWn8C.gifv

Why would you feel bad for someone who obviously married just for money? She knew what kind of guy he was. When they met he was w/ another women and she still gave him her number. lol. Melania knew how to play the game. I have zero sorrow for her ass.

Now she is stuck with his bloated ass for the time being. She was probably thinking he'd be near death right about now. He probably hasn't seen a salad in years. She was thinking by the time I'm 50 he'll die off and I can go spend his money on a boy toy. Instead she's in a job she obviously hates.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote