Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Wise: Can Campbell Get It Done?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #16
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Re: Wise: Can Campbell Get It Done?

Please read the last two post they are so true.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #17
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
If the O Line holds up we become the best team in the NFL, not even kidding.
Thats a pretty bold statement, but I pray your right!
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #18
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Is money going to matter if the CBA is not signed and we go into an uncapped season?

I'm not blowing the horn of praise on the Haynesworth signing with a salary cap but if the front office just tried to secure the biggest priced free agent because they know there will be no cap next year (or after) then the move isn't that bad.
I'm sure they had this in mind when they front loaded Haynesworths contract
Old 09-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #19
44Deezel
The Starter

I think Campbell will move the team just fine and protect the ball. I'm just concerned about his red zone efficiency, and his ability to throw completions in the end zone. Can't wait to see they do. It's on!

BTW, Tim Duncan is dressed like a bum at the HOF induction. Sheesh. At least put a tie on. Bush league!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #20
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
thats the one big if rat! I'm with you though.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I dont know about the best but absolutely a playoff team...I cant scream it any louder...its all about the health and play of the O-Line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #22
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Great article from Mike Wise:

washingtonpost.com

I love the stats he uses courtesy of GTripp's favorite guys, Football Outsiders.

Among the notables:

-When he had time to set up and throw, an 85.7 completion %.

-Campbell was knocked down, hit or sacked a combined 88 times, or 16.2 percent of the time, when he dropped back to pass last season -- more than all but three other quarterbacks.

-Campbell had more passes dropped than any other starting quarterback last season. Thirty-nine drops! His best wide receivers, Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El, combined to let 21 passes thrown to them by Campbell slip through their hands last season.

-Statistically, he also was at the bottom of passes overthrown and underthrown for quarterbacks with at least 200 passes. The top four quarterbacks above him in the accuracy category? Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre and Kurt Warner.

Sounds pretty simple to me: don't drop his passes and keep him upright, and we've got ourselves a baller at QB. Keeping him upright is my biggest concern right now.

Thoughts??

Man I can't wait until 4:15 on Sunday.
Stats are stats and I don't give a damb if he was sacked 100 times he still needs to make plays. Look at big Ben taking hits all the time but can find a way to make the play. The time for excuses and blamming everyone else is over and its time he shows he can perform no matter what he has to work with. Thats what top rated players do and what he has not done. So lets stop with all the dropped pass. no line BS and we will see what he can do. If he fails then we can send him on his way but I'm tired of threads making excuse after excuse for him.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #23
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Big Ben's ability to extend plays is not exactly common.

Also, getting slammed to the ground 100 times by 300 pounders will get someone hurt.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #24
Swarley
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Stats are stats and I don't give a damb if he was sacked 100 times he still needs to make plays. Look at big Ben taking hits all the time but can find a way to make the play. The time for excuses and blamming everyone else is over and its time he shows he can perform no matter what he has to work with. Thats what top rated players do and what he has not done. So lets stop with all the dropped pass. no line BS and we will see what he can do. If he fails then we can send him on his way but I'm tired of threads making excuse after excuse for him.
Copmparing Jason to Big Ben isn't exactly accurate.

Big Ben has the best defense in the NFL to fall back on when he doesnt perform, Campbell doesnt (didnt?). Campbell has performed when he isnt getting help, the problem is he still needs help so he can win the games. Fort instance take a look at the San Fran game last year. Campbell scored the touchdown that should have ended the game, yet our defense ended up letting the 49ers score. That would never happen to Big Ben and the Steelers.

and as the poster above me said, Big Bens ability to extend a play (and those damn pump fakes) arent exactly something anyone can do.
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #25
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Whos making excuses?

It's not GMScud, CRedskinsRule, Ruhskins, 53fan, Lotus, or myself who determined that the problem with Campbell is that he wasn't throwing enough interceptions to be competitive.

I'll put you on record that he won't get it done this year if you wish, but you are the only one trying to make excuses here to justify the numbers. The rest of us are just letting them speak for themselves.

And, as you point out, your excuses are getting old.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #26
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
Copmparing Jason to Big Ben isn't exactly accurate.

Big Ben has the best defense in the NFL to fall back on when he doesnt perform, Campbell doesnt (didnt?). Campbell has performed when he isnt getting help, the problem is he still needs help so he can win the games. Fort instance take a look at the San Fran game last year. Campbell scored the touchdown that should have ended the game, yet our defense ended up letting the 49ers score. That would never happen to Big Ben and the Steelers.

and as the poster above me said, Big Bens ability to extend a play (and those damn pump fakes) arent exactly something anyone can do.
He also threw for 150 yards in that meaningless game against a middle of the road defense, and was outplayed by Shaun King or whatever his name is. I'm optimistic JC will play well this year, but I always point to that game as evidence that he just might not have the chops to be a career starter in the NFL.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #27
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Whos making excuses?

It's not GMScud, CRedskinsRule, Ruhskins, 53fan, Lotus, or myself who determined that the problem with Campbell is that he wasn't throwing enough interceptions to be competitive.

I'll put you on record that he won't get it done this year if you wish, but you are the only one trying to make excuses here to justify the numbers. The rest of us are just letting them speak for themselves.

And, as you point out, your excuses are getting old.
Nice