I Was impressed!!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #16
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: I Was impressed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
And let's give it up for Zorn too, looks like he's made some nice adjustments to the offense and getting the ball down the field seems like a big priority.
Much agreed. I think he has more to work with this time around and it makes him look better. But that is not to knock Zorn. He is putting the pieces together quite nicely. The offense seems much more dynamic by design.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #17
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

JC looked good, had some good drives and the play to Cooley was very nice. good run in TD against a stingy NE Defense. CB had a pick where he clearly underestimated the defender who hit another gear and played the ball well but he came back and had a nice strike to Marko for the TD so overall i think he did ok. has to learn to throw it away on 3rd down inside fg range.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #18
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Special Teams

Let's not drink too much of that "Soups" kool-aid. We still stalled out 3 consecutive series with bad inaccurate throws. We can not keep putting our defense back on the field so soon time after time. Campbell still needs to work on his accuracy on the short throws. I'm glad Brennan redeemed himself tonight before everyone put those pollsup of Daniel over him which does not make any sense. Daniel just plays pitch and catch and Brennan is actually running the offense.
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #19
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

I'm on board with all the "give it ups"
JC started slowish but came on strong as the game progressed. AND we finally got some other guys involved in the recieving game
NIce work Skins!
HTTR
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #20
GridIron26
Playmaker

Just like many posters said, I'm impressed as well.. I think JC did well enough to make people who bash JC to eat their words..

There are few things I'm hoping Zorn will evaluate more next last game.. I'm really interested to see more of what Alridge can do, he seems pretty fast.. If I had to choose, I would go ahead and pick Alridge.. I can see him as FAST runner, he reads well too (based on limited actions I saw).. If I was Zorn, I would rest Portis and Betts; let Mason, Alridge and Dorsey run it out and see who comes up in the top.. Mason played pretty well too..

I'm sort of liking the idea of Thomas returning kicks, he seems to have better burst than he had last year.. But I want to see how does Alridge do in kick returns, and punt returns as well..

Our receivers played pretty good; Moss had a nice catch! It's amazing how he could do it with his short size.. He continues to be #1 for us.. However, Moss did drop a ball that easily could be a 1st down.. Kelly and Thomas took advantage of their opportunities.. Mitchell continues to be back-up QB's best friend, enough said.. Mitchell did block well during running plays.. I think he virtually locked his spot as #5..

As for defense, it looks like Brady and Moss duo is back after all.. Nobody (maybe except for Giants?) could stop them, so we should not have expect our defense to do so, I guess... Patriots' o-line men played pretty well, they handled our d-line men good... Smoot surprised me tonight, he did nice.. I'm hoping this was not just a good game for him..

.....Could someone please explain me why our CBs keep giving this lofty space between them and WRs?!?!
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:01 AM   #21
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor View Post
Let's not drink too much of that "Soups" kool-aid. We still stalled out 3 consecutive series with bad inaccurate throws. We can not keep putting our defense back on the field so soon time after time. Campbell still needs to work on his accuracy on the short throws. I'm glad Brennan redeemed himself tonight before everyone put those pollsup of Daniel over him which does not make any sense. Daniel just plays pitch and catch and Brennan is actually running the offense.
Campbell still needs to improve on a lot of things, but given how much negativity and ridiculousness I've seen from the JC haters, I'm going to be drinking the kool-aid all week long.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #22
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor View Post
I didn't notice any accuracy problems on the short stuff, do you remember any specific plays?

Also, Moss should have caught that short 3rd down throw that would have moved the chains.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #23
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I didn't notice any accuracy problems on the short stuff, do you remember any specific plays?

Also, Moss should have caught that short 3rd down throw that would have moved the chains.
I'm sure some people are going to hang on to that pass where JC overthrew Moss, when he had a guy hitting him as he released.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #24
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Precisely. The pass was barely behind Moss...not really a factor at all. Moss simply dropped the pass on a huge 3rd down. Nothing on JC there.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #25
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

The reasons Campbell will succeed this year are:

1- Second year in Zorn system
2- OL has improved
3- and the most import one is the emergence of Kelly, Thomas, Fred Davis and Marko Mitchell (4 offensive weapons that didn't produce or weren't on the team last year).

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #26
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm sure some people are going to hang on to that pass where JC overthrew Moss, when he had a guy hitting him as he released.
Awfully tough to overthrow a guy like Moss. At first look I almost thought Moss wasn't going 110% on it, I'm not sure though. Yeah he was getting hit and rushed it a bit, that shit happens.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #27
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

It looked to me like Moss may have slipped a bit.

It was a catchable ball. I'm not down on Tana here, as it would have been a difficult catch. But it was not a terrible throw, either, and on other occasions Tana will make that grab.
We won more with Vinny
Old 08-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #28
wilsowilso

It's a sweet feeling knowing that our 4 wide sets are no longer going to be Santana and three other guys the defense isn't afraid of at all.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:17 AM   #29
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
It's a sweet feeling knowing that our 4 wide sets are no longer going to be Santana and three other guys the defense isn't afraid of at all.
Here here.

I think that was the point of last year's controversial draft as well as Marko this year.
We won more with Vinny
Old 08-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #30
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Well said! We could be on the verge of a consistent big WR set threat...zing. Mitchell has to make the team IMO. Too much ballin there to pass on.