Shawn Merriman Arrested

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #61
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Shawn Merriman Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
And Chris Brown is innocent too, no his dumbass girlfriend will get beaten again.

Of course Kobe was innocent, he is the best player in the NBA. And when your innocent, you dont have to pay people off to keep it out of court. This is exactly what Im talking about, and I wont even play the race card, this is old news. Lemme guess Michael Jackson was innocent too right? You guys make me laugh how easily you forget just because someone is a star, it just makes it all better.
No Kobe is innocent because the girl's story was so inconsistent. "8 different semen samples to quote Dave Chappelle"

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #62
Zerohero
Impact Rookie

Bad association spoils useful habits.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #63
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Merriman's side:

Statement from Shawne Merriman

very well written I thought.
Lawyers can be pretty eloquent.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #64
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think we need to wait and see. The cops went there, they arrested and booked him. He was in a cell for several hours. If it was as simple as Merriman said, I agree with DRave, then the police were idiots (been known to happen).

Maybe he was doing the good thing and keeping her from driving, maybe not. Do you expect him to put out a statement saying I beat her and kept her against her will with no obvious mitigating explanation?

Let's let the system play itself out. If he's innocent then hopefully the system will work right, and this will be nothing more than a blip on the radar.
We do, and I made an off the cuff comment when this thread popped up yesterday, and I shouldn't have.

I've seen Shawne Merriman in person. The guy is a monster. Tila skankbucket is tiny, especially in comparison to him. If he choked her and pushed her around or struck her, she would have bruises or marks to show for it. Paramedics were called, they examined her, and found nothing.

Like you said, we have to wait, but after reading a few articles about this, I'd say a drunken overreaction but Ms. Tequila.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:43 AM   #65
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
I dont know if he is guilty or not, he should be slapped for dealing with a skank like Tila Tequila anyways.

IMO, all too often people have blinders on when it comes to these situations. If someone commits a crime, and they are good at something, all of a sudden the situation is "different". The list is a long one, when it comes to athletes/actors/celebrities that have been caught on the other side of the law. For some reason just because he can sack a quarterback well, or dunk a basketball like noone else, he is above the law? Society is warped, and some of the people on here fall into that category.

Couple months back Chris Brown(singer) choked his girlfriend until she blacked out, but because the guy can sell his stupid music, its all ok. Do you really think OJ wasnt guilty, or Kobe? Please..........too many people looking through rose colored glasses. It doesnt matter if he is guilty or not, money will get him off. Too bad for Vick he was charged in Virginia, being a commonwealth state, we dont take any crap here.

/done
Why are you trying to compare Chris Brown, Kobe and OJ to Shawn Merriman's incident? Every situation has its on factors and we should not lump him in with those other High Profile Stars. When your in the Media Spot Light no matter how big or small the incident is, its going to be News Worthy. Merriman had other witnesses at his residence who also witnessed the incident . This case isn't going any where, and the victim was highly intoxicated according to SD Sheriff spokesperson.

Maybe you should judge every case on a case by case bases. You sound like a Hater who hates to see people get paid more than you make.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #66
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthquake2689 View Post
no kobe is innocent because the girl's story was so inconsistent. "8 different semen samples to quote dave chappelle"
lol!!!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #67
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I don't believe this skank for one minute. Reality stars are fame whores who strive for attention and Merriman is stupid for even getting involved w/ someone like this. Where are the marks on her? Any bruises? Just some dumb drunk bitch who is crying wolf. Get a girlfriend w/ a real career that's a little more classy and I bet crap like this won't happen to you Shawn. lol.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #68
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I dont know if he is guilty or not, he should be slapped for dealing with a skank like Tila Tequila anyways.

IMO, all too often people have blinders on when it comes to these situations. If someone commits a crime, and they are good at something, all of a sudden the situation is "different". The list is a long one, when it comes to athletes/actors/celebrities that have been caught on the other side of the law. For some reason just because he can sack a quarterback well, or dunk a basketball like noone else, he is above the law? Society is warped, and some of the people on here fall into that category.

Couple months back Chris Brown(singer) choked his girlfriend until she blacked out, but because the guy can sell his stupid music, its all ok. Do you really think OJ wasnt guilty, or Kobe? Please..........too many people looking through rose colored glasses. It doesnt matter if he is guilty or not, money will get him off. Too bad for Vick he was charged in Virginia, being a commonwealth state, we dont take any crap here.

/done
There is some truth to this.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #69
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Overrated, steriod-user-cheater. Loss alot respect for this guy over the years, this just adds to it. Why the hell would you be alien-looking slut to begin with?
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #70
FRPLG
MVP

I think he is probablly morally innocent and technically guilty. The choking crap is a sham but the false imprisonment is probably something that could stick if the DA wanted it to. No matter what you just can't imprison someone for any reason. That being said I'd have done the same thing and relied on a sane DA understanding I was doing what was the right thing to do.

I think unless there are other circumstances that change the facts of the case I would think the DA won't seek charges. But it depends on the DA. If I were the DA I'd charge her for making false claims.

If I were Goodell I'd tell at Merriman for hanging out with a nutjob. This si the stuff that he needs to fix.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #71
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Ms. Tequila says she couldn't have been drunk because she's allergic to alcohol, which is how she got her name..."cuz it's ironic!"
Old 09-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #72
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Ms. Tequila says she couldn't have been drunk because she's allergic to alcohol, which is how she got her name..."cuz it's ironic!"
I thought you couldn't be allergic to alcohol. But you could be allergic to beer (wheat).
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #73
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
If he choked her
He choked her alright, with his "Soul Pole". The Dr. should do a throat X-ray.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #74
diehard
The Starter

They should have locked his dumb ass up when he started dating the whore. You know you can't turn 'em into housewives...
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:58 AM   #75
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Does anyone think this will come up when he's being introduced at Redskin Park next March as our new WLB?

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote