Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-01-2021, 09:04 PM   #31
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

49ers might be making a play for Kirk Cousins, not surprised. https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-v...RpFyRk7IYEnC_g

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-01-2021, 10:38 PM   #32
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
49ers might be making a play for Kirk Cousins, not surprised. https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-v...RpFyRk7IYEnC_g
From the article:

Quote:
Shanahan, who was the offensive coordinator in Washington with Cousins in 2012 and 2013, admitted he didn’t evaluate the 2017 quarterback draft class with Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson as thoroughly as he should, given he knew Cousins would be available the next season.

“I felt very confident that [Cousins] wasn’t going to stay [in Washington],” Shanahan said last month. When you go into a season knowing that a franchise quarterback is going to be available the next year, it made me a lot more picky with what we were looking at.”
I just find that hilarious
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:44 PM   #33
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
From the article:

I just find that hilarious
It is hard to believe that he would admit that. Talk about NOT doing your due diligence.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 04:48 AM   #34
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I don't see why a) the Vikings would part with Cousins at this point and b) the 49ers would part with picks for him AND swallow that contract. Seems like yet another 'I'm bored I'll start a rumour' thing:
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2021/2...s-trade-rumors
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:01 AM   #35
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Wishful off-season dreaming by Vikings fans
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:11 AM   #36
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
It is hard to believe that he would admit that. Talk about NOT doing your due diligence.
Why is it so hard to believe? I actually think it speaks volumes of Kyle's character and I respect him even more now. Yes Kyle messed up on this big time but he isn't the first and won't be the last coach to whiff on something like this.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:05 AM   #37
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Why is it so hard to believe? I actually think it speaks volumes of Kyle's character and I respect him even more now. Yes Kyle messed up on this big time but he isn't the first and won't be the last coach to whiff on something like this.
Because he basically admitted that he didn't do his job, that's why. Ok, maybe he's a stand-up guy who can admit when he made a mistake. Good for him. I think it's an epic failure though. Hard to get over that one if I'm his boss.

He's this young up and coming offensive guru seemingly without a QB to effectively run his offense. So he takes it for granted that the one QB he knows well (KC) is going to be available for him, like no other team will bid on him - and he fails to do his due diligence, scour the planet, evaluating every possibility for the right QB for his offense. Especially a young QB coming out of the draft that you can get on a rookie contract - rather than spend 80+M guaranteed. That's why it's hard to believe.

It's still salvageable though. He can dump Garoppolo's contract on the Texans along with five 1st round picks for Watson now, and rewrite history.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:07 AM   #38
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Honestly, I'll bet what actually happened is he did evaluate Watson and Mahomes, and he doesn't want to admit that he didn't think they were anything special.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:27 AM   #39
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Because he basically admitted that he didn't do his job, that's why. Ok, maybe he's a stand-up guy who can admit when he made a mistake. Good for him. I think it's an epic failure though. Hard to get over that one if I'm his boss.

He's this young up and coming offensive guru seemingly without a QB to effectively run his offense. So he takes it for granted that the one QB he knows well (KC) is going to be available for him, like no other team will bid on him - and he fails to do his due diligence, scour the planet, evaluating every possibility for the right QB for his offense. Especially a young QB coming out of the draft that you can get on a rookie contract - rather than spend 80+M guaranteed. That's why it's hard to believe.

It's still salvageable though. He can dump Garoppolo's contract on the Texans along with five 1st round picks for Watson now, and rewrite history.
Anytime my staff made mistakes, I first will assess the situation and then the staff's work performance history before I discipline the staff for the mistakes. If the staff has a positive history and does not make mistakes often, then I would give the staff a benefit of doubt. I would do the opposite if the staff has a long history of mistakes..

In this case with Kyle, he has shown he knows what he is doing and the lack of DD on QBs in the draft appears to be one time thing (as of what we all know at this point). I would discuss this incident with Kyle if I'm his direct supervisor to prevent this from happening again in the future and not do anything further than that. If it was Adam Gase, I would address this situation differently, something that likely aligns with your approach. Gase has shown that he does not know what he is doing as a coach and whiffed on the DD on QBs in the draft, then this absolutely deserves a close scrutiny and disciplinary action.

But then, every person in a management role have their own opinions on how they should address issues.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 11:37 AM   #40
MTK
\m/

Plenty of teams whiffed on Mahomes and Watson. I don't think Kyle was the only one that year that didn't do enough homework on them.
Old 02-02-2021, 02:58 PM   #41
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status...280508928?s=20

Haha I love this analogy.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:18 PM   #42
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Thati s great
Old 02-03-2021, 04:31 PM   #43
MTK
\m/

Sad news

Former NFL head coach Marty Schottenheimer moved to hospice facility, family says
Old 02-03-2021, 10:05 PM   #44
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Marty was a damn good football coach. Sad to hear
Old 02-04-2021, 03:39 PM   #45
Monkeydad
Living Legend

SB field is painted. End zone colors look great, glad KC used yellow.

Also, anyone else think it's odd that the Bucs, the FIRST team ever to play the Super Bowl in their home stadium, chose to wear their ROAD uniforms for this game? They have a better record in white this year though for what it's worth, and Brady has won more SBs in white instead of colored jerseys.