Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2022, 03:38 PM   #1
Schneed10
A Dude
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 42
Posts: 12,267
Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Back again, 2022 version:

Cap Space Coming into Offseason: $33M

Moves Recognized by Over the Cap as of March 23, 2022 at 12pm
Trade for Carson Wentz (28.3)
Release Matt Ioannidis 6.8
Release Ereck Flowers 10.0
Sign Tyler Larsen (1.0)
Tender Brian Johnson (0.8)
Release Deshazor Everett 2.0
Tender Joey Slye (2.4)
Sign JD McKissic (1.9)
Tender Keith Ismael (0.9)
Sign Bobby McCain (2.8)
Sign Andrew Norwell (2.8)
Sign Cam Sims (2.6)
Sign Troy Apke (1.0)
Net Out from the Top 51 5.6
Current Cap Space As Estimated by OTC $12.9

Moves Not Yet Recognized by OTC
Not Shakin' & Booty Fakin' at Cornelius Lucas (3.0)*
Net Out from the Top 51 0.8
Current Estimated Cap Space $10.1M

Post June 1 Moves
Release Landon Collins as a Post June 1 Cut 11.9
Net Out from the Top 51 (0.8)
Cap Space Effective June 1 $21.8M

* Note these are my educated guesstimates at the likely cap hits of those deals.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.

Last edited by Schneed10; 03-24-2022 at 11:02 AM.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2022, 03:48 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 30,718
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Thanks for the update S10

I think it’s pretty cool we tendered the lead singer of AC/DC
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

mitch hedberg -

“You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask where they're going, and hook up with them later.”
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 03:53 PM   #3
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 19,036
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

So we are in a position to bring in a couple solid starters still? We desperately need to bolster the o line.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 04:01 PM   #4
Schneed10
A Dude
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 42
Posts: 12,267
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So we are in a position to bring in a couple solid starters still? We desperately need to bolster the o line.
Yes I would look at it that way. They are probably willing to be the most aggressive at MLB, and I agree that $5M or so is probably earmarked for a guard. Schweitzer makes $5.8M, think of somebody around that level.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 04:04 PM   #5
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 995
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Do you think they would do a standard restucture on Wentz's contract? Would be worth another $18m
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 04:28 PM   #6
Schneed10
A Dude
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 42
Posts: 12,267
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Do you think they would do a standard restucture on Wentz's contract? Would be worth another $18m
It's possible but I don't think they will. That would represent an all-in kind of commitment to Wentz. I think they were willing to make the all-in commitment to Russ Wilson but with Wentz I think Ron is going to understand it's entirely possible this goes to shit and he needs to exit.

I happen to think it's going to help us. Not because Wentz is all that great, it's just that's how bad our QB play has been.

Ron will understand that a step up is a step up, but he'd still like to leave himself the option to take another step up next year if he can.

I think he knows he's working his way up from QB Situation #32 in the NFL here. Wentz might get him to QB Situation #17. And next year he might want another shot at QB Situation #1.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 04:57 PM   #7
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 995
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
It's possible but I don't think they will. That would represent an all-in kind of commitment to Wentz. I think they were willing to make the all-in commitment to Russ Wilson but with Wentz I think Ron is going to understand it's entirely possible this goes to shit and he needs to exit.

I happen to think it's going to help us. Not because Wentz is all that great, it's just that's how bad our QB play has been.

Ron will understand that a step up is a step up, but he'd still like to leave himself the option to take another step up next year if he can.

I think he knows he's working his way up from QB Situation #32 in the NFL here. Wentz might get him to QB Situation #17. And next year he might want another shot at QB Situation #1.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 05:30 PM   #8
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 19,036
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yes I would look at it that way. They are probably willing to be the most aggressive at MLB, and I agree that $5M or so is probably earmarked for a guard. Schweitzer makes $5.8M, think of somebody around that level.

MLB is a huge concern, but losing both G’s and bringing in Wentz suddenly, imo, makes oline a top priority. Plus I really like a couple LB’s who will probably be there at 11 - if we do not trade back. This is good to know though. That we can bring in a couple pieces still thru FA. Thanks.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 07:38 PM   #9
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 3,934
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Cutting Flowers is a head scratcher to me. I would have extended him and restructure to lower 2022 cap number. But I guess they are confident in their ability to find competent Olinemen on the cheap. And so far they have a track record of successfully doing so with the likes of Wes Schweitzer and Cornelius Lucas.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:41 PM   #10
njant
Camp Scrub
 
njant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: new jersey
Posts: 80
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

We definitely need a guard through the draft or free agency and one that is fairly good at least
njant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 02:18 AM   #11
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 995
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Cutting Flowers is a head scratcher to me. I would have extended him and restructure to lower 2022 cap number. But I guess they are confident in their ability to find competent Olinemen on the cheap. And so far they have a track record of successfully doing so with the likes of Wes Schweitzer and Cornelius Lucas.
Apparently they tried but he wasn't interested. They must feel their other options at a lower price are better, but it will be a short season for Wentz if they are wrong.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 07:00 AM   #12
Schneed10
A Dude
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 42
Posts: 12,267
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Teams tend to use up the vast majority of their cap space in this first week. Overpays left and right. There are startable guards out there, we just need to wait and we’ll end up with a handful of startable guys or rotation pieces.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 10:22 AM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,125
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

we used to be the Jags , $$$$$ and it never got us anywhere. Glad that is not the approach anymore
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:52 PM   #14
Schneed10
A Dude
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 42
Posts: 12,267
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Original post updated through the knowns and the estimates as of noon today.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 01:04 PM   #15
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 995
Re: Commanders Salary Cap Status 2022

Interesting to see that they have put 2 void years on the end of JDMs deal, not something I have seen them do before. I assume it is residue from matching Buffalos deal
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.15384 seconds with 10 queries