Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2021, 12:01 AM   #61
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 3,906
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We are actually still the 7 seed. So we do still control our own destiny.
Gibson man. That fumble. My God.
Heineke was just awful. He floated every freaking pass and was hesitant about running. Simply put He was awful.
I agree the D was not bad. Not at all actually well minus William Jackson. That guy is turning out to be a piss poor signing.

I still, for the life of me, do not understand why Ron accepted that penalty down by our goal line when it was 3-0. What is five yards in that situation? Clearly not affecting fg range (i think i used the right word there SD lol). It would have been 3rd and 5. Sure they could have picked up the first, but i want to take away the down there and force them to gain five yards instead of giving them two cracks at a TD. If it was going to be 3rd and 1 or 2 than ok back it up. But 3rd and 5? Im forcing them to either score or gain the 5 and hoping we force the fg. That bothered the shit out of me and of course they scored on their extra third down. Plus went for two. That to me was the turning point.

This team is just always slow out of the gates. Beginning of the season. Beginning of games. It is too much to ask this team to always be playing from behind. For their season , and for the games. That is a real problem imo. Especially when you are a run first team.

A wildcard is still very much there, but man they gotta be ready to go at kickoff. Enough with we will figure it out on the fly bullshit.
Well, to be fair. The extra play was the 2nd and 10 incompletion (outstanding coverage by Holcomb), so accepting the penalty ended up being a smart move: they were in a 3rd and 10 instead of 3rd and 5 !
That's when we held them to an 8 yard gain... but they were bailed out by a phantom offside call on Allen !
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2021, 12:26 AM   #62
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 18,992
In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Well, to be fair. The extra play was the 2nd and 10 incompletion (outstanding coverage by Holcomb), so accepting the penalty ended up being a smart move: they were in a 3rd and 10 instead of 3rd and 5 !
That's when we held them to an 8 yard gain... but they were bailed out by a phantom offside call on Allen !

1st & 10 at WSH 12
(4:43 - 1st) (Shotgun) E.Elliott right guard to WAS 7 for 5 yards (Jon.Allen).

(OK BRINGS UP 2nd and 5)

2nd & 5 at WSH 7
(4:07 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short middle to E.Elliott. DAL-Z.Martin was injured during the play. PENALTY on DAL-T.Smith, Illegal Formation, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 7 - No Play.

(THIS PENALTY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DECLINED TO MAKE IT 3rd, and 5)



2nd & 10 at WSH 12
(4:05 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short right to E.Elliott.

(THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN 3rd and 5).


3rd & 10 at WSH 12
(4:01 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short left to A.Cooper to WAS 4 for 8 yards (K.Fuller). PENALTY on WAS-Jon.Allen, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 12 - No Play.
(THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A FG ATTEMPT)

3rd & 5 at WSH 7
(3:42 - 1st) Amari Cooper Pass From Dak Prescott for 7 Yrds TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. E.Elliott rushes up the
(THIS PLAY SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED BUT WE GAVE THEM AN EXTRA SHOT)

Last edited by punch it in; 12-13-2021 at 12:42 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 12:42 AM   #63
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 3,906
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
1st & 10 at WSH 12
(4:43 - 1st) (Shotgun) E.Elliott right guard to WAS 7 for 5 yards (Jon.Allen).

2nd & 5 at WSH 7
(4:07 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short middle to E.Elliott. DAL-Z.Martin was injured during the play. PENALTY on DAL-T.Smith, Illegal Formation, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 7 - No Play.

2nd & 10 at WSH 12
(4:05 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short right to E.Elliott.


3rd & 10 at WSH 12
(4:01 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short left to A.Cooper to WAS 4 for 8 yards (K.Fuller). PENALTY on WAS-Jon.Allen, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 12 - No Play.

3rd & 5 at WSH 7
(3:42 - 1st) Amari Cooper Pass From Dak Prescott for 7 Yrds TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. E.Elliott rushes up the


^ the 2nd & 10 should have been 3rd and 5.
the 3rd & 10 should have been a fg attempt.

We gave them an extra shot. Turned out not to be a smart penalty to accept.
No. You're speculating that they would have made the exact same call with the exact same result on 3rd and 5 that they did on 2nd and 10. The call would have been different. Maybe they call a run. Maybe a screen. Maybe another pass. Maybe they convert the 3rd and 5. Maybe they don't. Maybe it's a pick 6 for us. Maybe they run it for a TD and Jon Allen breaks his leg on the play. We will never know.
What we know for sure is that accepting the penalty and defending the pass attempt on 2 and 10 turned a 3rd and 5 into a 3rd and 10. So it ended up being a good call. We actually successfully defended that 3rd and 10 minus the bogus call.

I'm not saying it's a no brainer. Before the fact you can argue both sides of this call. But after the fact it ended up being a good call. Your opponent being in 3rd and 10 is better than 3rd and 5.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 12:48 AM   #64
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 18,992
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
No. You're speculating that they would have made the exact same call with the exact same result on 3rd and 5 that they did on 2nd and 10. The call would have been different. Maybe they call a run. Maybe a screen. Maybe another pass. Maybe they convert the 3rd and 5. Maybe they don't. Maybe it's a pick 6 for us. Maybe they run it for a TD and Jon Allen breaks his leg on the play. We will never know.
What we know for sure is that accepting the penalty and defending the pass attempt on 2 and 10 turned a 3rd and 5 into a 3rd and 10. So it ended up being a good call. We actually successfully defended that 3rd and 10 minus the bogus call.

I'm not saying it's a no brainer. Before the fact you can argue both sides of this call. But after the fact it ended up being a good call. Your opponent being in 3rd and 10 is better than 3rd and 5.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

Totally speculating about what they would have done on 3rd and 5, I said that in the game day thread. I just think down there you take away the down. Five yards doesnt take em outta fg range. They would have had one shot from 3rd and 5. Instead of a 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 10.

It is all hindsight but You take the down away imo and try and force the fg.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 12:51 AM   #65
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 3,906
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Totally speculating about what they would have done on 3rd and 5, I said that in the game day thread. I just think down there you take away the down. Five yards doesnt take em outta fg range. They would have had one shot from 3rd and 5. Instead of a 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 10.

It is all hindsight but You take the down away imo and try and force the fg.
Oh I'm with you on that ! In the moment I was like "what? 3rd and 5 is better than 2nd and 10 tf is Ron thinking" !

Just saying if we're being fair it turned out being a positive in itself because 3rd 10 > 3rd and 5. But not the call I would've made either. Take the 3rd down and trust your D.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 12:57 AM   #66
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 18,992
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Oh I'm with you on that ! In the moment I was like "what? 3rd and 5 is better than 2nd and 10 tf is Ron thinking" !

Just saying if we're being fair it turned out being a positive in itself because 3rd 10 > 3rd and 5. But not the call I would've made either. Take the 3rd down and trust your D.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

I get what you are saying 100 percent. I just don’t think the 3rd and 10 should have happened- like you said - take 3rd and 5 and trust your D.

Anyway this was just one of those games where we were going to find a way to lose. We seriously need to not start slow against Philly and their one dimensional offense with Hurts playing.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 01:09 AM   #67
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 3,906
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I get what you are saying 100 percent. I just don’t think the 3rd and 10 should have happened- like you said - take 3rd and 5 and trust your D.

Anyway this was just one of those games where we were going to find a way to lose. We seriously need to not start slow against Philly and their one dimensional offense with Hurts playing.
Yop.

If we're playing what ifs. I'm still curious to see how this games turns out without the bogus offside and the questionable roughing the passer on the TD play. 6 - 0 instead of 11 - 0. And even with the pick 6, 13 - 0 is not 18 - 0...
Well anyway yes, we need the offense to start playing before the 3rd quarter but still...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 01:12 AM   #68
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 18,992
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yop.

If we're playing what ifs. I'm still curious to see how this games turns out without the bogus offside and the questionable roughing the passer on the TD play. 6 - 0 instead of 11 - 0. And even with the pick 6, 13 - 0 is not 18 - 0...
Well anyway yes, we need the offense to start playing before the 3rd quarter but still...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

A whole lotta plays that could have swung this game the other way. It’s maddening lol. Hey we still control our playoff destiny - miles ahead of where we thought we would be now!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 06:14 AM   #69
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,762
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
No I didn't say we wouldn't take him - I said it would be stupid to take him.
It would be stupid NOT to take him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 06:51 AM   #70
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 54
Posts: 20,652
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Heading in to work -the Cowboys fan there is going to be super boisterous. UGH

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:12 AM   #71
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 18,992
In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Heading in to work -the Cowboys fan there is going to be super boisterous. UGH

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Just tell him it is too bad Dak doesn’t play defense too.

Or say “good loss” and give him a thumbs up.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:13 AM   #72
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,461
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

What a game to lay an egg. It does speak well for this team that in spite of being completely dominated all game they were in position to win at the end. Had Heinicke been in at the end WFT may have pulled it out. That said, WFT has to address the QB situation on the off-season. Whether through the draft or free agency this team needs a QB.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:15 AM   #73
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 18,992
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It would be stupid NOT to take him.

We will not know that until we know exactly where we are drafting and who is available if he is there. Again if there is some stud that plays S or ILB or Corner or LT - and Pickett say has an awful combine you might change your mind. Plus will there be some free agent qb?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:48 AM   #74
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,093
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
What a game to lay an egg. It does speak well for this team that in spite of being completely dominated all game they were in position to win at the end. Had Heinicke been in at the end WFT may have pulled it out. That said, WFT has to address the QB situation on the off-season. Whether through the draft or free agency this team needs a QB.
If DC catches that dime from Allen I think we would have eventually won the game.
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:49 AM   #75
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,461
Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If DC catches that dime from Allen I think we would have eventually won the game.
Agree
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21333 seconds with 10 queries