Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Eagles postgame

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2021, 10:13 AM   #46
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,093
Re: Eagles postgame

Washington's five highest graded players from yesterday:

- William Jackson III: 82.8
- Charles Leno: 74.7
- Ereck Flowers: 73.4
- Keith Ismael: 71.1
- Montez Sweat: 70.8
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2021, 10:20 AM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,093
Re: Eagles postgame

Also through 15 weeks

We grade out as the 27th best Passing grade in the league as a whole.

Until that improves we won't be very good
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:25 AM   #48
Ohioskins
Special Teams
 
Ohioskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 326
Re: Eagles postgame

I wanted to reach thru the TV and grab that broadcasting team by the throats and keep tightening my grip until .... It was like listening to an Eagles home broadcast.

I can't believe how bad our defensive line was. Repeatedly getting big holes blow thru them. I am beginning to think more and more that we wasted our first round pick last year.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:27 AM   #49
GridIron26
Playmaker
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Age: 33
Posts: 2,875
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Washington's five highest graded players from yesterday:

- William Jackson III: 82.8
- Charles Leno: 74.7
- Ereck Flowers: 73.4
- Keith Ismael: 71.1

- Montez Sweat: 70.8
The bold part is interesting - it seemed as if the Oline couldn't open lanes for Gibson. I'm guessing the passing game pushed up the ratings for those 3?
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:38 AM   #50
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,093
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
The bold part is interesting - it seemed as if the Oline couldn't open lanes for Gibson. I'm guessing the passing game pushed up the ratings for those 3?
Yeah its a combo of Pass and Run blocking.

For instance Charles gave up 5 pressures and graded out an overall 41.7
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:51 AM   #51
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,916
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
I wanted to reach thru the TV and grab that broadcasting team by the throats and keep tightening my grip until .... It was like listening to an Eagles home broadcast.

I can't believe how bad our defensive line was. Repeatedly getting big holes blow thru them. I am beginning to think more and more that we wasted our first round pick last year.
That was a disappointment for sure. I expected more, but nearly all of them just had COVID, and based on the new rules to come back, they could have been playing with COVID...

Jonathan Allen doesn't want to make any excuses though...

https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-...er-eagles-loss
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:51 AM   #52
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,093
Re: Eagles postgame

__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #53
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,916
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah its a combo of Pass and Run blocking.

For instance Charles gave up 5 pressures and graded out an overall 41.7
Losing Scherff the day before the game hurt. Charles is barely adequate. I felt like he got manhandled all night.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #54
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pawleys Island SC
Posts: 669
Re: Eagles postg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I didn't think Allen had a very good game. Center of the line was wide open all game long.

This was a depressing loss.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Depressing maybe, but certainly expected. When was the last time you saw a team win with its 4th QB and 16 people missing from the roster? I have no idea what people here were expecting.

And don't tell me the defense played poorly when the offense could not produce a thing during the middle of the game and they were on the field basically full time. This was what it was, a hard fought loss away from home when there was virtually never any chance of winning. I was proud of my team yesterday.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:57 AM   #55
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,093
Re: Eagles postg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
Depressing maybe, but certainly expected. When was the last time you saw a team win with its 4th QB and 16 people missing from the roster? I have no idea what people here were expecting.

And don't tell me the defense played poorly when the offense could not produce a thing during the middle of the game and they were on the field basically full time. This was what it was, a hard fought loss away from home when there was virtually never any chance of winning. I was proud of my team yesterday.
Agree, sometimes we all forget these guys are humans too.. They played their ass off but it just wasn't enough. Eagles fans think they are good all of the sudden lolol
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 11:38 AM   #56
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 1,688
Re: Eagles postg

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Agree, sometimes we all forget these guys are humans too.. They played their ass off but it just wasn't enough. Eagles fans think they are good all of the sudden lolol
Yeah, a hard fought 10 point win against what was basically a sick/scrub team. I wouldn't be crowing about that (pardon the pun).
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:31 PM   #57
Stacks42
Impact Rookie
 
Stacks42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington Va.
Age: 45
Posts: 811
Re: Eagles postgame

Anyone know the rush yds/game the WFT gives up when Sweat is in the game vs. when he is not? It seems he is just chasing the sack, very similar to Chase Young.

Below 3rd and 2 he is way out of position for a gaping hole..

__________________
The NEXT special teams coordinator
Stacks42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:33 PM   #58
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,093
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Anyone know the rush yds/game the WFT gives up when Sweat is in the game vs. when he is not? It seems he is just chasing the sack, very similar to Chase Young.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FHNuVxlX...jpg&name=large
He and CY have a hard time understanding you don't always have to rush up field, Can't knock 90 much tho, he forced a huge sack fumble
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:55 PM   #59
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 992
Re: Eagles postgame

Yes but Sweat was busy thumping his chest and oblivious when the ball was loose on the ground. Not focused on winning, focused on stats.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:58 PM   #60
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 49
Posts: 97,611
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Yes but Sweat was busy thumping his chest and oblivious when the ball was loose on the ground. Not focused on winning, focused on stats.
Yeah that drew a hard eye roll from me, punches the ball out and instead of coming up looking for it he's celebrating
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.19430 seconds with 10 queries