Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


What happens with Kyle Smith?

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2021, 08:17 AM   #271
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 28,819
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

The fact Kyle Smith got a job immediately is again telling that he is highly respected around the league
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

Letís go Brandon!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-30-2021, 01:30 PM   #272
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 54
Posts: 19,852
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Atlanta definitely needs KS given their salary cap spot. I wonder if they will give him so chance to grow as a GM and salary cap management.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 01:31 PM   #273
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 54
Posts: 19,852
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The fact Kyle Smith got a job immediately is again telling that he is highly respected around the league
I don't think anyone, definitely not me, was saying that KS would not be valued as a talent evaluator. The question is simply whether he could be the GM we need or promoted just to be promoted. I think the league also clearly spoke that they didn't see him ready to take the next step yet.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 02:17 PM   #274
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,216
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I don't think anyone, definitely not me, was saying that KS would not be valued as a talent evaluator. The question is simply whether he could be the GM we need or promoted just to be promoted. I think the league also clearly spoke that they didn't see him ready to take the next step yet.
And in the end, if it wasn't a good working relationship between him and RR, then he simply had to go.

I'm confident in the current structure, until I have a reason not to be.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 08:53 PM   #275
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 18,355
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I don't think anyone, definitely not me, was saying that KS would not be valued as a talent evaluator. The question is simply whether he could be the GM we need or promoted just to be promoted. I think the league also clearly spoke that they didn't see him ready to take the next step yet.
I don't understand why we need to have this discussion about "is Kyle Smith considered GM ready around the league." He's clearly not.

It just reads to me like some people are shitting on Kyle on the way out because some of us are upset about losing a quality talent evaluator. This discussion about losing a GM is stupid, we're losing the only homegrown talent evaluator to come out of Football Team Park in the last 30 years. A guy who up until December was considered a rising star. Now he's garbage because him and Ron clearly had some philosophical difference in how to build the team.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 08:57 PM   #276
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 18,355
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
And in the end, if it wasn't a good working relationship between him and RR, then he simply had to go.

I'm confident in the current structure, until I have a reason not to be.
I agree with everything, except I'm not truly confident in the current structure given Hurney and Mayhew haven't done anything super confidence-inspiring. A good draft and improvement on last year's record will go a long way to easing my concerns though.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 09:00 PM   #277
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 54
Posts: 19,852
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I don't understand why we need to have this discussion about "is Kyle Smith considered GM ready around the league." He's clearly not.



It just reads to me like some people are shitting on Kyle on the way out because some of us are upset about losing a quality talent evaluator. This discussion about losing a GM is stupid, we're losing the only homegrown talent evaluator to come out of Football Team Park in the last 30 years. A guy who up until December was considered a rising star. Now he's garbage because him and Ron clearly had some philosophical difference in how to build the team.
He is not garbage, no one is saying that he is. The duscussion about GM is because that was the position that needed to be filled. Once a new GM is hired the staff changes. That isnt a huge shock. KS had put his time in here and I imagine he felt entitled to an interview - RR didn't see it that way. At that point each one had to decide what was best. That ended up being KS leaving. You wish him the best and move on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 09:12 PM   #278
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 54
Posts: 19,852
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

I don't get the distrust of Mayhew/Hurney

Maybe Hurney but he seems like an eyes and ears type guy for RR.

Mayhew drafted Stafford, took had the lions place 2 and 3rd keeping them in contention. Before you say 2nd and 3rd derogatorily, other than his tenure in the last 20 years they placed 4th or 5th every year ( came in 2nd the year after he left so not sure if it was the team he put together).

For the 49ers he was part of the team that built the SB contenders from the 2nd overall pick.

He isn't an up and coming youthful guy but at 55 he has easily 10 years to put his experience to work to build SF type program here.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 09:15 PM   #279
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,216
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I don't get the distrust of Mayhew/Hurney

Maybe Hurney but he seems like an eyes and ears type guy for RR.

Mayhew drafted Stafford, took had the lions place 2 and 3rd keeping them in contention. Before you say 2nd and 3rd derogatorily, other than his tenure in the last 20 years they placed 4th or 5th every year ( came in 2nd the year after he left so not sure if it was the team he put together).

For the 49ers he was part of the team that built the SB contenders from the 2nd overall pick.

He isn't an up and coming youthful guy but at 55 he has easily 10 years to put his experience to work to build SF type program here.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I don't think it's as much the distrust of Mayhew/Hurney, as it is the unwillingness to come to terms with Kyle Smith leaving the organization.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:34 PM   #280
SkinzWin
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,540
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The fact Kyle Smith got a job immediately is again telling that he is highly respected around the league
If he was highly respect around the league I donít think he would have made a lateral move. Heís solid for sure. But the man ainít Jesus.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:50 PM   #281
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 18,355
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He is not garbage, no one is saying that he is. The duscussion about GM is because that was the position that needed to be filled. Once a new GM is hired the staff changes. That isnt a huge shock. KS had put his time in here and I imagine he felt entitled to an interview - RR didn't see it that way. At that point each one had to decide what was best. That ended up being KS leaving. You wish him the best and move on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Cheers. I'm not sold on Hurney/Mayhew but their success is our success. Don't care who gets the credit as long as we rack up the W's and our football club becomes a contender again.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:55 PM   #282
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 3,328
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
If he was highly respect around the league I donít think he would have made a lateral move. Heís solid for sure. But the man ainít Jesus.
He is a far better talent evaluator than Jesus. Jesus drafted Judas and they didnít work out to well in the end.
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:08 PM   #283
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 11,929
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
He is a far better talent evaluator than Jesus. Jesus drafted Judas and they didnít work out to well in the end.
Oh boy. Let's keep politics and religion out of these threads.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:17 PM   #284
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 18,355
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
He is a far better talent evaluator than Jesus. Jesus drafted Judas and they didnít work out to well in the end.
And he even had Satan on his squad at one point. Jesus might've been a nice guy, died for our sins and all, but I wouldn't trust him to build my team.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:17 PM   #285
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 28,819
Re: What happens with Kyle Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He is not garbage, no one is saying that he is. The duscussion about GM is because that was the position that needed to be filled. Once a new GM is hired the staff changes. That isnt a huge shock. KS had put his time in here and I imagine he felt entitled to an interview - RR didn't see it that way. At that point each one had to decide what was best. That ended up being KS leaving. You wish him the best and move on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
You also say with clear evidence he did a great job with the team.

He landed a job quickly because of his talent...dude was in the wind for a couple days.

Wish him the best
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

Letís go Brandon!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.16041 seconds with 12 queries