Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-09-2021, 12:44 PM   #76
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Snyder to Stay on a Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Random occasion to say Al Galdi is doing a great job on his podcast bringing quality guests. (Ie Brandon Thorn for an in depth talk about our DL and OL, episode 85).

On episode 97 he had a labor an employment lawyer talk about the Wilkinson report, solid listen:

https://toppodcast.com/podcast_feeds...galdi-podcast/

Basically the guy trusts that Beth did a solid and thorough investigation job, that she wasn't impeded in any way... but once the investigation part is done, she refers to her client, and the client decides what is to be publicly said. Attorney-client privilege can only be waived by the later, not the former.

On the suspension-not-suspension thing, he said Snyder doesn't seem like a guy who would voluntarily step aside, nor want to publicly say he's stepping aside. So the league and/or Wilkinson probably had a more "suspension-like suspension" in mind, but Snyder negotiated a way to put it out there with less ego hurting words.
I don't understand why the NFL admitted to the fact that there's no report. They could have easily said, she wrote a report, we're just not going to make it public.

Also, the people that are complaining about the fact that Deflagate resulted in a 139-page report, really don't realize that it was an owner(s) vs. owner situation.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-09-2021, 11:02 PM   #77
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't understand why the NFL admitted to the fact that there's no report. They could have easily said, she wrote a report, we're just not going to make it public.

Also, the people that are complaining about the fact that Deflagate resulted in a 139-page report, really don't realize that it was an owner(s) vs. owner situation.
Oh there's a report. Basically the guy said you give the report to the client, and sometime it can be a good tool to be put out there as to say "see how much we did to look into and fix this issue ?"... but sometimes there's just to much that could be hurtful and an oral statement is best.
The lawyer said he was actually quite surprised that the written statement put out by the NFL was longer and more detailed than they needed to be.

They tried to answered as many questions as they could without giving us the real thing.

Anyway, it's all good for Snyder, does enough to be able to put it under the rug and move on without actually hurting nor significantly punishing him.
Old 07-10-2021, 06:47 AM   #78
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah nobody is out to get this team, this franchise hasn't been able to get out of it's own way since Snyder bought it so they haven't needed any outside influence. The league would love for a team in a major market like DC to be successful.

Every fan base likes to think the league stacks the deck against them somehow. It's just silly paranoid fan conspiracy BS.
The research on negativity bias in social emotional actions is pretty validated. It is one of the reasons one bad experience at a restaurant is enough for people to quit going to their favorite restaurant. Fans of a sports team are probably the worst at it.

Anyways here is a recent theses paper that looks at individual referee bias and also team penalties. It is pretty easy language. The shocker? Washington is right in the middle when it comes to penalty rates. The biggest factors that influenced penalty rates? Unfamiliarity by a team to rule changes and organizational culture. https://ir.uiowa.edu/cgi/viewcontent...=honors_theses

If we truly want to tip scales in our favor here is an article putting in laymen's terms showing a sideline bias. Basically if we run plays toward Washington sidelines calls are more likely to go in our favor. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...freakin-works/
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:29 AM   #79
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

This is crazy. First time in Snyder’s ownership that the team increased in relative value?! Also interesting every team wen’t up by 11% value but salary cap is cut. Hmmm
https://apple.news/AWk97ZX0TRu-M1NpBhuLjFQ
Old 08-08-2021, 12:11 PM   #80
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
This is crazy. First time in Snyder’s ownership that the team increased in relative value?! Also interesting every team wen’t up by 11% value but salary cap is cut. Hmmm

https://apple.news/AWk97ZX0TRu-M1NpBhuLjFQ
Yeah. Players union has to feel they got suckered with the covid salary cap deal. Bet it jumps up the next 3 years, hopefully good news for us.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:26 PM   #81
EdmundDorf
The Starter

The business value is based on future earnings, ie TV deal and gambling, not the last years income, they still took a loss on 2020. Estimates had them taking in $150m each last year when the cap was at $183m
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:05 PM   #82
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Yeah. Players union has to feel they got suckered with the covid salary cap deal. Bet it jumps up the next 3 years, hopefully good news for us.

They really got suckered. Don’t forget the CBA they just signed is for ten years! Owner knew there was a new tv contract so did players and yet that is what they got. Lol
Old 10-18-2021, 11:24 AM   #83
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Dan Snyder is a terrible fan and is shameless.

If he was a real fan he would admit he hasn't got the job done and would sell the team.

But it's all about him, the team succeeding is secondary.

What an asshole.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:26 AM   #84
MTK
\m/

It's like a shitty landlord that has a dump of an apartment building. Even when he manages to attract some decent tenants (Ron and Jason) it doesn't change the fact the building is still a shithole and the landlord is still an asshole.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:09 PM   #85
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This is the lowest overall morale I've ever seen here in my time on the Warpath. Dan has broken our spirits. Taking a picture in front of porter potties was like the last straw.

People are talking about rooting for different teams, not watching games anymore, not caring anymore, etc. And it's a lot of people. Over the years it often just felt like a lot of us blowing off steam, but I think we're just about all legitimately at the end of our ropes with this franchise.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:06 PM   #86
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This is the lowest overall morale I've ever seen here in my time on the Warpath. Dan has broken our spirits. Taking a picture in front of porter potties was like the last straw.

People are talking about rooting for different teams, not watching games anymore, not caring anymore, etc. And it's a lot of people. Over the years it often just felt like a lot of us blowing off steam, but I think we're just about all legitimately at the end of our ropes with this franchise.
Riggins said practically the same thing last week in his podcast. Older fans formerly accustomed to a winning franchise have either left the building or those that remain as fans are rapidly checking out (me). Younger fans don’t know of the glory years except from what their parents or other older fans tell them (like our kids) and they either don’t care anymore or have left the building as well. As another poster said in another thread the only thing keeping me from bolting entirely is this website (thank you MTK!). Misery loves company I suppose.
Old 10-18-2021, 01:21 PM   #87
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

It's bad man, I legit can't stand them anymore. For me it started with the Cousins debacle , yeah he's not a top 10 QB but he's consistently top 15 and we let him walk for nothing. Then the losing and off the field BS is just too much.. I got a little excited with the rebrand and last yr's playoff team but now its just right back to doomsday. We literally have nothing to look forward to. Ron sucks, Jason Wright is just another Danny boy and our amazing franchise player CY sucks now... Like how much longer can we hold on to hope?
Old 10-18-2021, 01:37 PM   #88
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Dan Snyder is a terrible fan and is shameless.

If he was a real fan he would admit he hasn't got the job done and would sell the team.

But it's all about him, the team succeeding is secondary.

What an asshole.
True and then some.

I don't believe he was ever a real fan. I think he was vaguely aware of them as a kid and jumped on the bandwagon during the Super Bowl years. The Skins of that era drew lots of people in and it would not have been a big leap for some clown from Rockville.

A real fan is someone like .... YOU. And pretty much everyone else on this site. Real fans live and breath their team and show an interest on multiple levels. I simply cannot equate Snyder with that. I just do not see it.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:04 PM   #89
mredskins
MVP

https://washingtoncitypaper.com/arti...to-dan-snyder/

Great read from 2010, sure we could add even more stuff now.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:10 PM   #90
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Yup. Truly don't care. Checked out at halftime yesterday and enjoyed the day. Can't imagine how anyone at all buys season tix to this.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote