2021 NFL Draft Day!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-02-2021, 05:52 PM   #526
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: 2021 NFL Draft Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uKx_jVTCHg S ) Forrest looks pretty good and aggressive .
On film, he looks like a playmaker to me. He can really move and he looks like a playmaker. Could we be looking at another late round gem at safety?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-02-2021, 06:50 PM   #527
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
On film, he looks like a playmaker to me. He can really move and he looks like a playmaker. Could we be looking at another late round gem at safety?
I hope so , we have had some success with late rd ( S ) , Curl , Jarrett .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:24 PM   #528
rocnrik
Playmaker

I don’t know jack about all these players even the million dollar GM swing and miss ... guess what .. IF any of you think you know more than who is running this team .. then you have either illusions or you missed your life’s calling ... I find most of these post pure entertainment... and that goes for anything I say ... I will tell you straight up I know nothing about how to select players ...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:32 PM   #529
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I don’t know jack about all these players even the million dollar GM swing and miss ... guess what .. IF any of you think you know more than who is running this team .. then you have either illusions or you missed your life’s calling ... I find most of these post pure entertainment... and that goes for anything I say ... I will tell you straight up I know nothing about how to select players ...
Many of these players will wash out. It's just a fact. Many have a hard time adjusting to the speed of the pro game.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:35 PM   #530
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Re: C. Cheeseman - LS - Draft Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
I disagree, I appreciate his research and analysis, especially on late round picks with lumited info. I get his conclusions. That is the rub. I didnt see any evidence of draft failures in year one, so I have a more fingers crossed view that they have a board based on good scouting info that ee dont have. But on the surface, some late moves are head scatchers, especially trading next years pick for a rookie long snapper.
His problem is his condescending tone and arrogance about his opinions. In spite of what he thinks, he doesn’t know more than the people employed to run teams and draft players.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:03 PM   #531
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
I disagree, I appreciate his research and analysis, especially on late round picks with lumited info. I get his conclusions. That is the rub. I didnt see any evidence of draft failures in year one, so I have a more fingers crossed view that they have a board based on good scouting info that ee dont have. But on the surface, some late moves are head scatchers, especially trading next years pick for a rookie long snapper.
That's not what happened, we traded next year 5th in exchange of 2 picks (this year's 6th and 7th) and used one of them on a long snapper.
So technically we used half a late round pick on a long snapper. I think the franchise will survive.
People only realize the importance of a reliable LS when we lack one.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:31 AM   #532
Scalper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Per Keim, Cheeseman was one of the best LS in NCAA. Granted, I didn't expect us to spend a pick on LS but since it's only 6th round pick so it's a small price to pay to ensure we don't have issues with LS this season. If we have trouble with LS, it can cost us games.
One of the best is correct.
And at least 2 of the other best could have been signed off the street without spending a draft pick and without mortgaging the future.
You can get a LS that doesn't cost games without trading future picks and drafting one.
Scalper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:57 AM   #533
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Well I'll tell you how my draft board is decided.

First I look at the body. Do they have all their arms and legs? If so, they're already one step ahead of the ones who don't. Next, I look at their head. Is it physically attached to their shoulders? If so, +1 again. And you just keep going until everybody is ranked. I don't put too much stock into what their stats were in college because everybody knows college doesn't always translate well to the pros.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:46 AM   #534
Monkeydad
Living Legend

If Cheeseman picks #69...I am DEFINITELY buying his jersey.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #535
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Many of these players will wash out. It's just a fact. Many have a hard time adjusting to the speed of the pro game.
Indeed they do.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:21 AM   #536
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
Well I feel BPA is overrated. If the BPA is in an area that you already have enough players at, then there is no sense drafting him. I think they did what is best, which is take the best available at a position of need and see what happens. To me, by that point in the draft you’re mostly just throwing darts at the dart board anyway. I mean, in round 6 if the guy was really good, he’d have already been taken. So in my mind, why not err on the side of the mix of BPA and need as opposed to just straight BPA. But I’m just a fan so I readily admit I don’t know anything. 🙂
exactly . . . i always said i prefer best player available of your teams 3 positions of biggest need. its a hybrid approach! lol
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:34 AM   #537
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Wonder whether Toney will be tried at WLB, he has a LB build which ilmeans he cannot be much m8re than a situational pass rusher as a DE
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:15 PM   #538
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
exactly . . . i always said i prefer best player available of your teams 3 positions of biggest need. its a hybrid approach! lol
Yep. It’s not like Davis and Cosmi were really outside the range of where picked. I’m seeing people say Davis was a reach...he was the 23rd ranked and we picked him at 19. I’m like, if it’s within even 10 picks at the bottom half of the first it really isn’t a reach. A reach is taking a fifth round rated talent in the first. I’ll say it all the time....people need to remember that the real draft is different than fantasy drafts. There was a guy on Extreme bemoaning the fact we didn’t do two separate trades to trade down for Davis, draft him at 23 and get “maximum value”. 🤦*♂️
Old 05-03-2021, 12:34 PM   #539
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Oh and there was another guy on Extreme demanding Ron and the whole front office be fired because we used a 6th round pick on a long snapper and he had Cheeseman rated as an UDFA. Called it the worst pick in NFL history. 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️
Old 05-03-2021, 01:06 PM   #540
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Unhappy Re: 2021 NFL Draft Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
Oh and there was another guy on Extreme demanding Ron and the whole front office be fired because we used a 6th round pick on a long snapper and he had Cheeseman rated as an UDFA. Called it the worst pick in NFL history. 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️
Well that is extreme! Site name checks out.

Pretty impressive that he was scouting long snappers lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote