Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


2021 NFL Draft Day!!

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2021, 01:06 PM   #526
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 11,231
Unhappy Re: 2021 NFL Draft Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
Oh and there was another guy on Extreme demanding Ron and the whole front office be fired because we used a 6th round pick on a long snapper and he had Cheeseman rated as an UDFA. Called it the worst pick in NFL history. 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️
Well that is extreme! Site name checks out.

Pretty impressive that he was scouting long snappers lol.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-03-2021, 02:06 PM   #527
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 42
Posts: 17,460
Re: 2021 NFL Draft Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
Oh and there was another guy on Extreme demanding Ron and the whole front office be fired because we used a 6th round pick on a long snapper and he had Cheeseman rated as an UDFA. Called it the worst pick in NFL history. 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️
There was a run on Longsnappers when we grabbed him.


Cincy drafted a Kicker in the 5th!
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:26 PM   #528
MissouriSkin
Special Teams
 
MissouriSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 322
Re: 2021 NFL Draft Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
There was a run on Longsnappers when we grabbed him.


Cincy drafted a Kicker in the 5th!
I mean...itís the 6th round and apparently is like the highest rated long snapper coming out of college ever. Seems worth a pick. Remember when we drafted Andre Johnson in the first to play LT and he never played a down for us? I do. That guy on Extreme and a guy here need to work on perspective.
__________________
Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
MissouriSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:27 PM   #529
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 592
Re: 2021 NFL Draft Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
There was a run on Longsnappers when we grabbed him.


Cincy drafted a Kicker in the 5th!
That's a pretty low bar
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:49 PM   #530
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 48
Posts: 96,198
Re: 2021 NFL Draft Day!!

I'm definitely not going to cry over using a 6th rounder on a long snapper. In rounds 6 & 7 you're mostly looking for special teamers anyway and occasionally maybe you hit big on a hidden gem. And if he's our long snapper for the next 10 years is anyone going to look back and care about using a 6th on him? Please.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:01 PM   #531
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams
 
Pervis_Griffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 420
Re: 2021 NFL Draft Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
Rumor has it that our long snapper had the best athletic figure of all the long snappers in the NFL since the measurement was created.



We joked about how athletic our LS was. But check this out ... from the linked article:

A gifted athlete who also lettered in baseball, Cheeseman has graded among the most athletic in recent history at his position.



https://riggosrag.com/2021/05/03/cam...eresting-pick/
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:14 PM   #532
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,048
Re: 2021 NFL Draft Day!!

I think it was a great draft. When I look at the roster now, the only thing that is glaring at the moment is the fact that there probably isn't a long term answer at QB on the roster. However, it was at least addressed this offseason. All the other position groups have been strengthened too in my opinion. Of course it's all on paper right now, we just have to hope the majority of them pan out.

I think it's important to remember that you can't really call any of these picks a reach unless you have access to where they were ranked on the WFT board. I could be mistaken, but I doubt anyone on here has that access. All these prospects were ranked all over the place, depending on where you looked. Maybe the only player that always had the same ranking leading up to the draft, no matter where you looked, was Trevor Lawrence. For example, I saw Walker Little ranked as low as 154, and he was selected 45. Was that a reach? Both JOK and Moehrig were ranked in the top 20 on some sites, and they ended up being picked in the 2nd round, 40s and 50s. So those are steals right? Maybe, but none of these dudes has played a down yet, so maybe we should just wait and see what happens on the field...

Feel free to bash the picks if you want because some players were ranked lower on various draft boards than where they were picked, but it goes back to Bill Tobin's sentiment in the 90s: "Who the hell is Mel Kiper?"

Really, the only thing that matters is where the WFT had them ranked - whatever their reasons were.

I'm good with the entire draft, even the long snapper.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:24 PM   #533
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,359
Re: 2021 NFL Draft Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I think it was a great draft. When I look at the roster now, the only thing that is glaring at the moment is the fact that there probably isn't a long term answer at QB on the roster. However, it was at least addressed this offseason. All the other position groups have been strengthened too in my opinion. Of course it's all on paper right now, we just have to hope the majority of them pan out.

I think it's important to remember that you can't really call any of these picks a reach unless you have access to where they were ranked on the WFT board. I could be mistaken, but I doubt anyone on here has that access. All these prospects were ranked all over the place, depending on where you looked. Maybe the only player that always had the same ranking leading up to the draft, no matter where you looked, was Trevor Lawrence. For example, I saw Walker Little ranked as low as 154, and he was selected 45. Was that a reach? Both JOK and Moehrig were ranked in the top 20 on some sites, and they ended up being picked in the 2nd round, 40s and 50s. So those are steals right? Maybe, but none of these dudes has played a down yet, so maybe we should just wait and see what happens on the field...

Feel free to bash the picks if you want because some players were ranked lower on various draft boards than where they were picked, but it goes back to Bill Tobin's sentiment in the 90s: "Who the hell is Mel Kiper?"

Really, the only thing that matters is where the WFT had them ranked - whatever their reasons were.

I'm good with the entire draft, even the long snapper.
THIS ! People paid full time all year to evaluate those guy are wrong half the time, so I don't give much thought on fans analysis based on some highlights and (maybe) a couple of games.
Where I particularly trust Ron and Cie is doing due diligence on the character part of the guys they drafted.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:18 AM   #534
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 1,362
Re: 2021 NFL Draft Day!!

Agreed, any analysis is knee jerk and only proven over a 2-3 year term (or longer if we're lucky). I like to see the ratings simply because it's indicative of how hopeful we can be. An A now could be a B in 12 months or even a C, a B could be an A or a C. If we rate a C or below now I'd be a little worried, but a B makes me cautiously optimistic.

At this stage I'm not critical of any of the picks and I'm not bothered about the BPA/need argument as no theory about the draft has ever proven totally reliable; if it was everyone would stick to it. Only thing more I'd like to have seen out of this draft is more depth at LB and Tackle, but if the talent wasn't there when we picked, I'm OK with who they got. Nobody looks like a total bust at this point.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.15234 seconds with 9 queries