Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Fitzmagic thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-26-2021, 08:58 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fitzmagic thread

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...inth-franchise

Figured he should get his own thread, I'm excited for this offense and for Fitz. He's played some great ball over the last couple seasons. If he can just manage to throw for 25 TDs this team will win plenty.

Advertisements
Old 05-26-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Fitzmagic thread

I think he will have a breakout year. Obviously, we have to see on the field, but like was said, his last 3 years have shown steady play and improved completion %. He was also rated higher than any of our qbs last year (not hard to do) so it will be an upgrade, the question is the degree

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:24 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

Well technically this is Fitzmagic thread 2.0

I definitely think he could have a big year, I'm excited until he gives us a reason not to be. He seems like a natural leader and guys will want to play hard for him.
Old 05-26-2021, 09:38 AM   #4
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Old 05-26-2021, 09:39 AM   #5
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Old 05-26-2021, 10:01 AM   #6
MTK
\m/

Ron Rivera: Ryan Fitzpatrick picks things up very quickly
Old 05-26-2021, 10:17 AM   #7
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

There is a reason for his longevity in the league and yes a reason he is on his 9th team. What he brings versus his cost is a no brainer to me. Looking forward to some exiting games this year.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:39 AM   #8
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
There is a reason for his longevity in the league.

The dude abides.
Old 05-26-2021, 11:49 AM   #9
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Honeymoon phase w/ Fitz. The minute he throws a few multiple int games the fanbase will stroke out.

Got mad respect for Fitz through. He has managed to hang around the league for a long time w/ average at best ability.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #10
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I'm less high on him than most. He's been in the league 17 years, some teams with some really incredible offensive talent, and never played in the playoffs. Heinicke has more playoff experience than Fitz.

That said, I'm excited to move on from the Alex "Paint Drying" Smith offense and actually have a reason to cheer. Fitz doesn't know what a check down is.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:07 PM   #11
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I'm less high on him than most. He's been in the league 17 years, some teams with some really incredible offensive talent, and never played in the playoffs. Heinicke has more playoff experience than Fitz.

That said, I'm excited to move on from the Alex "Paint Drying" Smith offense and actually have a reason to cheer. Fitz doesn't know what a check down is.
With all due respect, I agree. Glad he retired.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:19 PM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

I am curious. In people's opinion what was the most talented team Fitzpatrick was on? What about his game, other than ints, leads to not succeeding?

Old 05-26-2021, 01:25 PM   #13
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am curious. In people's opinion what was the most talented team Fitzpatrick was on? What about his game, other than ints, leads to not succeeding?

By record, it's the 2015 Jets who were 10-6! Just under 4,000 yards with 31TD/15INT. WRS were Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Jeremy Kerley and a RBBC.

He's been on bad teams...the Rams, Bengals, Bills, Titans, Texans, Jets, Bucs and Dolphins. Talent-wise, OUR TEAM is the best roster he's ever been on.

He seems to have gotten better with age and the last 3 years, his completion % were 67, 26, 69%. Last season looks like his best and he was benched for the rookie just because it was "his time".
Old 05-26-2021, 02:49 PM   #14
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
By record, it's the 2015 Jets who were 10-6! Just under 4,000 yards with 31TD/15INT. WRS were Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Jeremy Kerley and a RBBC.

He's been on bad teams...the Rams, Bengals, Bills, Titans, Texans, Jets, Bucs and Dolphins. Talent-wise, OUR TEAM is the best roster he's ever been on.

He seems to have gotten better with age and the last 3 years, his completion % were 67, 26, 69%. Last season looks like his best and he was benched for the rookie just because it was "his time".
In terms of complete teams (with a defense) you may be right. But he's had a lot of offensive talent in his career.

Bucs: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Adam Humphries and DeSean Jackson
Bengals: Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh
Texans: DeAndre Hopkins, Andre Johnson and Arian Foster.
Jets: Robby Anderson, Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte.
Titans: Chris Johnson, Kenny Britt, Justin Hunter, Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Delaine Walker
Bills: C.J. Spiller, Chirs Hogan, and Stevie Johnson

I think we have better talent than some of these. But all of his teams have had some really solid talent on offense, but he's never even made the playoffs. When it comes to what he does wrong, general gist is throws too many interceptions and has a problem playing smart with a lead.

Again, I hope that I'm wrong and he lights it up. That said, this is his 17th year in the league, he has never made the playoffs, and he's played for 9 different teams. Good QBs don't bounce around like that. While I woulda liked to give Henicke a chance, I understand wanting a veteran stop gap. I think Fitz will be exciting, but will make us all pull our hair out. I think he probably loses us 2 games with his play, what I can't make a guess at is how many he wins with his gunslinging.

Last edited by Daseal; 05-26-2021 at 03:12 PM.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
In terms of complete teams (with a defense) you may be right. But he's had a lot of offensive talent in his career.

Bucs: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Adam Humphries and DeSean Jackson

Bengals: Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh

Texans: DeAndre Hopkins, Andre Johnson and Arian Foster.

Jets: Robby Anderson, Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte.

Titans: Chris Johnson, Kenny Britt, Justin Hunter, Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Delaine Walker

Bills: C.J. Spiller, Chirs Hogan, and Stevie Johnson

I think we have better talent than some of these. But all of his teams have had some really solid talent on offense, but he's never even made the playoffs. When it comes to what he does wrong, general gist is throws too many interceptions and has a problem playing smart with a lead.

Again, I hope that I'm wrong and he lights it up. That said, this is his 17th year in the league, he has never made the playoffs, and he's played for 9 different teams. Good QBs don't bounce around like that. While I woulda liked to give Henicke a chance, I understand wanting a veteran stop gap. I think Fitz will be exciting, but will make us all pull our hair out. I think he probably loses us 2 games with his play, what I can't make a guess at is how many he wins with his gunslinging.
So the main issue is his interceptions, and forcing plays with a lead?

I definitely agree on ints, over his career he basically has been a 1 td vs 1 int guy. I don't know about playing smart with a lead, seems that will be on Turner to manage and make sure the offense doesn't overthink the situations. I am not sure I trust Turner with that either.

All that said, if our defense can protect the lead and bailout even a quarter of the ints, we should see an explosive offense to go with a stifling defense. Looking forward to see it play out that way.