Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins 23 Panthers 17 post game

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who gets your game ball for the Skins 23-17 win over the Panthers?
Norman 10 32.26%
Peterson 11 35.48%
Hopkins 8 25.81%
other 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #31
Coff
Impact Rookie

Re: Skins 23 Panthers 17 post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
AP is the heart of that offense.

Glad to see Norman play with some fire.

I’m a bit concerned with defense playcalling. Makes me long for the days of Haz’s repeated house blitzes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The d-line was putting no pressure on Cam, especially the second half. I wonder if the primary focus was containing Cam and not allowing him to use his legs. I hope that's the case, because the lack of pressure was pathetic.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #32
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
The d-line was putting no pressure on Cam, especially the second half. I wonder if the primary focus was containing Cam and not allowing him to use his legs. I hope that's the case, because the lack of pressure was pathetic.
I'd expect to see the same next week too.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:16 AM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

"The Redskins are 1-1 in their last 2 games, 2-2 in their last 4 and 3-3 in their last 6. They're 5-5 in their last 10, 6-6 in their last 12, 7-7 in their last 14. They're 10-10 in their last 20. They're 16-16-1 in their last 33. They're 18-18-1 in their last 37." Dan Steinberg

WOW
Old 10-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #34
J. Falcon
The Starter

I don't know if it's the aftertaste from the Saints game, but yesterday's win was unconvincing. The team looked shaky (especially Smith), defense looked very soft at times, no pressure, and the offense had to settle for field goals and was overall not effective. Coaching again looked subpar. Sorry but I'm not feeling optimistic going forward.
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #35
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
While Norman, AP and Hopkins get a share of the games...the defense stoping the Carolina run game was big, Cam throwing 40 times isn’t gonna win them games.
This! They lose a lot of these games with different QBs who make the passes at the end of that last drive to get a TD, while Cam was either not on the same page with his receivers or just completely missed on his last 3 throws inside the 20.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:35 AM   #36
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
This! They lose a lot of these games with different QBs who make the passes at the end of that last drive to get a TD, while Cam was either not on the same page with his receivers or just completely missed on his last 3 throws inside the 20.
You could tell the Dline was focused containing McCaffery first. McCaffrey had been one of the rushing leaders per Avg yards per game...

Payne and Allen doing their job.

Also Cam will get his scramble yards, but he really didn't get going until the 4th quarter...mostly contained til them.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #37
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Here is why Swearinger got the penalty for taunting at the end. Cam talking smack about going 4-1 before the game.

http://bleacherreport.com/post/washi...e-88fd63bb0482

Cam’s a great athlete but too much of a head case to form the heart of a consistent winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well Cam was right, wrong 4-1, but he IS now 4-1 against the Skins.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:37 AM   #38
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

We have not beat Dallas at home since Jay took over.. Damn that is bad
Old 10-15-2018, 09:39 AM   #39
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You could tell the Dline was focused containing McCaffery first. McCaffrey had been one of the rushing leaders per Avg yards per game...

Payne and Allen doing their job.

Also Cam will get his scramble yards, but he really didn't get going until the 4th quarter...mostly contained til them.
You're exactly right...he was definitely the focus. I remember the commentators talking about those 2 zone read plays where Kerrigan went right at him taking him out and not even looking at Cam...it was the right call.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:43 AM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
"The Redskins are 1-1 in their last 2 games, 2-2 in their last 4 and 3-3 in their last 6. They're 5-5 in their last 10, 6-6 in their last 12, 7-7 in their last 14. They're 10-10 in their last 20. They're 16-16-1 in their last 33. They're 18-18-1 in their last 37." Dan Steinberg

WOW
Gruden and Jason Garret are both career 8-8 coaches, they might get a special season or rock bottom season mixed in but neither is going to be a longtern playoff contending coach. Too many bad decisions at the wrong time.

I have been consistently on the go for it on 4th down bandwagon, but yesterday when Gruden went for it instead of pinning them deep i was ticked off. Our biggest plays had been special teams and defense. On 4th and 4 punt it and pin them at the 2 and let the defense force something.

Right idea but at the wrong time of the game. And that is Gruden to a tee. At least he trusts Smith with the qb sneak.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #41
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Falcon View Post
I don't know if it's the aftertaste from the Saints game, but yesterday's win was unconvincing. The team looked shaky (especially Smith), defense looked very soft at times, no pressure, and the offense had to settle for field goals and was overall not effective. Coaching again looked subpar. Sorry but I'm not feeling optimistic going forward.
I think you may be selling this win a little short. It was against a quality opponent, very likely a playoff team. Wins like that aren't always going to be pretty. We shut down one of the top rushing teams and held them to under 100 yards. We also limited Cam, won the turnover battle 3-0, and probably most importantly bounced back after an ugly loss on a short week.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #42
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think you may be selling this win a little short. It was against a quality opponent, very likely a playoff team. Wins like that aren't always going to be pretty. We shut down one of the top rushing teams and held them to under 100 yards. We also limited Cam, won the turnover battle 3-0, and probably most importantly bounced back after an ugly loss on a short week.
Yes, it was a great win. What’s concerning is Alex Smith looks unsure, holds onto the ball. We had 2 great opportunities inside the 50 before 1/2 time and got nothing.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:01 AM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Yes, it was a great win. What’s concerning is Alex Smith looks unsure, holds onto the ball. We had 2 great opportunities inside the 50 before 1/2 time and got nothing.
This was so aggravating. Smith wasn't good yesterday, but he was under pressure too.

The second 4th down call was a terrible sequence by Jay. It was 3 and 4....Jay should have run the ball there first if he knew he was gonna go for it on forth. Instead he took away the entire run play book on 4th down.

If he would have just run for a yard or 2...shit we were avg OVER 4.5 yard per carry...then we would be facing a 4th and short and could have come up with a better play.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #44
Back2RFK
Special Teams

When Carolina was driving at the end of the game things didn't look so great. D stepped up big when needed. We have to give the coaches credit for bringing AP here when no one else wanted him.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:08 AM   #45
irish
Playmaker

I also don't understand why on the final drive when they got the ball to the 11 they stopped running. They pounded it down that far, why not pound it the final 11 yards? I really think the play callers outsmart themselves and try to get too cute instead of continuing to do what works until the opponent proves they can stop it.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote