Texans Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-19-2018, 07:46 AM   #61
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Texans Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yeah Mason didn't have a good game, and because he doesn't have good speed it shows when he isn't playing perfect in terms of angles and positions.

But saying he's too slow to play ILB is absurd IMO (not you but I read that somewhere in the thread).
When Mason plays well he's one of our most valuable player: smart as F, tackling machine, excellent in coverage...
(Oh and BTW he had 2 turnovers yesterday...)

Plus Ryan Anderson is really coming along at OLB, why change it? I was thinking he should move to OLB in a 4 - 3 last year but this year he took a huge way forward at OLB in our 3 - 4 system.
Because Mason Foster is athletically limited. I have nothing but good things to say about his work ethic and the time he puts in in the film room.

But there's always games every year where he gets exposed. Doesn't anybody want another Fletch at the mike?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-19-2018, 08:09 AM   #62
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Because Mason Foster is athletically limited. I have nothing but good things to say about his work ethic and the time he puts in in the film room.

But there's always games every year where he gets exposed. Doesn't anybody want another Fletch at the mike?
I agree but I feel that for every other game where he gets exposed he has several awesome games.
Now, if we draft a young stud at ILB and he wins the starting job over Mason I won't bitch about the improvement!

What I don't think would be a good idea is transition Ryan Anderson from OLB to ILB while he's having a solid season and progressing week after week!
Old 11-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #63
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ryan Anderson development has made McPhee a healthy scratch the last 2 weeks. No way im moving Anderson to ILB. Foster could be better, but Im not really worried about ILB position on this team. The defense has done a great job this year.

The reason we loss yesterday was based on the extremely poor play of Alex Smith. His play is indefensible and there is simply zero excuse for it. He was an embarrassment yesterday.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #64
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Really need to get more out of the offense. Less than 300 yards total offense and gave up a 100 yard pick six, yet the defense made enough big plays to almost beat a hot Houston team. The way the defense is playing just average offensive production would make the Redskins a 12 win team.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #65
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

O LIne did solid yesterday, yeah they gave up a league high 26 pressures but they played 2 big time pass rushers in Watt and Clowney. The thing that worries me right now is the run game has vanished lately. I hope CT can come back this week. We need him big time
Old 11-19-2018, 08:46 AM   #66
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Really need to get more out of the offense. Less than 300 yards total offense and gave up a 100 yard pick six, yet the defense made enough big plays to almost beat a hot Houston team. The way the defense is playing just average offensive production would make the Redskins a 12 win team.
This defense is really good, only allowed 16 points yesterday. It is the only reason I still have a glimmer of hope to win the division. Luckily we play a one dimensional team this week and usually we are really good against teams that cant pass (NYG , CAR , DAL , AZ )
Old 11-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #67
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
O LIne did solid yesterday, yeah they gave up a league high 26 pressures but they played 2 big time pass rushers in Watt and Clowney. The thing that worries me right now is the run game has vanished lately. I hope CT can come back this week. We need him big time
The run game is taking a hit, absolutely not because AP, Bibbs or the backs. The oline has been actually decent with the injuries.

The run game has taken a hit because the LBs are playing up, SS is in the box with a lot of single high because of our garbage QB and WR play. They don't fear any of our receivers.

And when we do, personnel like Vernon Garbage Davis drops a fucking pass.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:54 AM   #68
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The run game is taking a hit, absolutely not because AP, Bibbs or the backs. The oline has been actually decent with the injuries.

The run game has taken a hit because the LBs are playing up, SS is in the box with a lot of single high because of our garbage QB and WR play. They don't fear any of our receivers.

And when we do, personnel like Vernon Garbage Davis drops a fucking pass.
Davis is done, he has not done shit when given the chance this season. The wrs suck , people said it was all on AS but we all knew he didn't have much help. Josh is so bad that he doesn't even get respect from the refs.

I hope CM can come in and make it a better passing game but I just have no faith in that guy. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:55 AM   #69
MTK
\m/

That Davis drop would have been a huge fucking play, the throw couldn't have been better
Old 11-19-2018, 08:58 AM   #70
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
That Davis drop would have been a huge fucking play, the throw couldn't have been better
Smith had drops all day, he was on the money most throws. Yeah he had a couple bad plays but he was not that bad.

Also they said Reid's INT return was one of the slowest ever, that shows how much we need speed on this offense.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:07 AM   #71
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Smith put 2 perfect throws to him on 20+ pass plays and both time Vernon should have play. Both times he killed drives.

We need to move on from this turd. He doesn't block well anymore. We need to add a balanced TE to the roster. And Im not getting rid of Reed, looks like QB was the issue.

We need to add guys with some wiggle at the WR. Richardson get healthy, Quinn welcome to the slot, but we need an Alpha at WR. I would add a WR in the draft as well. Doctson will need to fight for his spot, Crowder-thanks for the memories
Old 11-19-2018, 09:11 AM   #72
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Smith put 2 perfect throws to him on 20+ pass plays and both time Vernon should have play. Both times he killed drives.

We need to move on from this turd. He doesn't block well anymore. We need to add a balanced TE to the roster. And Im not getting rid of Reed, looks like QB was the issue.

We need to add guys with some wiggle at the WR. Richardson get healthy, Quinn welcome to the slot, but we need an Alpha at WR. I would add a WR in the draft as well. Doctson will need to fight for his spot, Crowder-thanks for the memories
Quinn looks like a nightmare in the slot, if he stays healthy he could be a great steal. I think Alex and Reed were not connecting due to the time Reed missed in the OS. Alex is a consistent guy that throws to guys he trust...
Old 11-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #73
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The pick 6 was simply two guys that were not on the same page. The QB threw the ball so he takes the blame, but it looked like Smith threw to a spot and expected Reed to be there and he wasn't.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #74
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The pick 6 was simply two guys that were not on the same page. The QB threw the ball so he takes the blame, but it looked like Smith threw to a spot and expected Reed to be there and he wasn't.
Jay said it was a miscommunication , nobody's fault but yeah either way it cost us the game TBH.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:18 AM   #75
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Ryan Anderson development has made McPhee a healthy scratch the last 2 weeks. No way im moving Anderson to ILB. Foster could be better, but Im not really worried about ILB position on this team. The defense has done a great job this year.

The reason we loss yesterday was based on the extremely poor play of Alex Smith. His play is indefensible and there is simply zero excuse for it. He was an embarrassment yesterday.

Agree with all of this. As for Smith he has looked scared and well just bad all year. Couple drops early didn’t help, but his play was terrible. When he went down, i was thinking this could be a blessing in disguise. Didn’t know the extent of the injury and hate hate hate to see that. Wish him the best, but our offense should be “good enough “ going forward to win the majority of this schedule we have left and the division. We lost to a real good team yesterday. They were healthy and we were not. We would beat them if we were. Im prouder of this team in a loss than i have been in most of their wins. Huh? Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote